What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

No. Now I'm humble.

I was 19 two 2-3 years ago. Now I'm 21.

Funny, that's how I think about 99¨% of you posts, Mr. Shark.

Right back at ya.

Sorry, I was being too mature about it, I meant 100% of your posts.

Alex

Tbh I do find Shark's music posts interesting (the ones I can make sense of).

Shame though, he hadn't chimed in with a random "risible capitalist drivel" type remark for a while when dipping into a chat about something like It's a Wonderful Life. Those little gems always make me chuckle at him.

Shame though, he hadn't chimed in with a random "risible capitalist drivel" type remark for a while when dipping into a chat about something like It's a Wonderful Life. Those little gems always make me chuckle at him.

That's what I meant by growing up, but if it amuses you, I'll still do it. ;)

That said, it only works when no one expects it, like the Spanish Inquisition.

P.S. why's this whole page been devoted to me?

Funny, that's how I think about 99¨% of you posts, Mr. Shark.

Right back at ya.

Sorry, I was being too mature about it, I meant 100% of your posts.

What difference does it make?

Stop it, both of you! You're like...boys with toys. No small-talk? No chit-chat?

For all its worth (which is not very much at all), I like Sharkey. I find his posts insightful and I enjoy engaging in conversations with him.

Sharkey has joined Alex among others as being one of the lightening rods of JWFan. When there's extensive heated debates/arguments going on, you wouldn't be surprised to find them at the heart of the scene. ;)

But one of them can manage to express dissenting opinions without an admittedly perhaps unintentional but nontheless present air of derision and feigned aloofness.

Like Quint is a lesser version of me.

I thought it was the other way around.

I thought that was just one person with two accounts.

Karol

Attacking Sharky?

Cremers is quickly becoming my new Joey. But now I love Joey, so who knows?

Cremers would love to become the new Joe.

Well, what sensible adult wouldn't? If JWFan was like the only group of people left on Earth (think The Walking Dead), we would all look to Joey as the camp's leader.

CharactersTWDS2-Dale_zps56ca3f04.jpg

Alex

Attacking Sharky?

Cremers is quickly becoming my new Joey. But now I love Joey, so who knows?

Cremers would love to become the new Joe.

Well, what sensible adult wouldn't? If JWFan was like the only group of people left on Earth (think The Walking Dead), we would all look to Joey as the camp's leader.

CharactersTWDS2-Dale_zps56ca3f04.jpg

Alex

Lol. I can see that. Who would be Hershel? Inky?

Anywaaaaay... I watched "Nebraska", the other day. I liked it.

Artsy drivel!

Never said it wasn't. I just said that I liked it.

Heh I haven't seen it. Just trying to fit in!

Anywaaaaay... I watched "Nebraska", the other day. I liked it.

This is not the appropriate time to post this, Richard! Mr. Shark, young and willing lion that he is, is doing his best to take a shot at me. Stick around, it's actually pretty endearing to see him struggling.

If you want to "fit in", join HZfan.

JWfan is where the serious guys come to play.

Try "Nebraska": you might like it.

It was a good film. I liked it. The Descendents was better.

If you want to "fit in", join HZfan.

Shh! The Great Hans is ever watchful.

Karol

He's always watching! I won't be surprised if tomorrow Richard disappears and leaves only a ghostly shell of a "guest account" behind.

He's avatarless anyway, he's already halfway there!

Sharkú, like Publicist is just an inferior version of Alexcremers. A cheap knock-off. Well intentioned maybe, but utterly redundant.

Like Quint is a lesser version of me.

Just your mentioning me is satisfyingly Freudian.

If Richard ever chose an avatar he'd be a sellout, a corporate bitch. He's keeping it legit out of love for his fans.

Well done, Sharkey. Absolutely the post of the week!!!! :lol:

As most JWfaners know, I don't have an avatar, because, as most JWfaners know, I am an old coot who barely knows how to use a computer. This is far closer to the truth than most people can possibly be expected to know! Many people have tried to put an avatar on for me: they tried and died...

For the record Koray I knew what you meant immediately - the story wasn't super compelling, but Kubrick's direction was already fantastic.

The Killing

Kubrick in noir mode. Nothing that hasn't been done better in other films but still a good watch. Gerald Fried's score was annoying.

I would have moved on to Killer's Kiss but 50s Kubrick didn't exactly sound entertaining to my friend, so I introduced him to The Machinist. The film that made me a Bale fan. Fantastic thriller.

Les Cousins

My first French New Wave film, but already I can see the oft-parodied images of good-looking people smoking a lot and waxing philosophical. It's almost laughable how every main character smokes, whether it's studying, dancing or even talking. Claude Chabrol's direction is smooth and assured, Paul Misraki's music is used sparingly but effectively, and the camerawork is very much ahead of its time -- with long sustained takes and smooth camerawork. There's some dark humor abound... but I don't know what to think of it now. I need to let it soak in, but there's a lot to admire about it.

It was a good film. I liked it. The Descendents was better.

I was disappointed with The Descendants so I hope Nebraska will be better. Is it another bittersweet drama from Payne?

Alice in Wonderland

Braveheart

The Usual Suspects

I LOVE Braveheart!!! (I've got the steelbook Bluray)

And the music, so much!!!

(especially that counterpoint dialogue between strings and oboe in the "Secret Wedding")

Ahhhh... Good old film music.... (sigh)

(at. 3.59'')

I LOVE Braveheart!!! (I've got the steelbook Bluray)

And the music, so much!!!

(especially that counterpoint dialogue between strings and oboe in the "Secret Wedding")

Ahhhh... Good old film music.... (sigh)

(at. 3.59'')

I hadn't seen the film in years and was surprised how prominent the music was in the film.