What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

The Big Lebowski

Not only endlessly quotable but also endlessly uplifting. While there may be several Coen brothers films that are more highly regarded, or awarded, this is probably the one which will live on the longest.

Certainly several cast members play their most famous roles here, with Bridges who is in pitch perfect condition as the stoned lay about The Dude and John Goodman who is simply hilarious as Walter.

One of those films thats still as funny the 20th time you've seen as as your first.

**** out of ****

One of my favorites. Bridges is as good as he is because he's not even playing a character.

I love that that put David Twellis in a scene for no obvious reason, as Knox Harrington, the video artist.

And I am still looking for Nagelbett!

"Karl Hungus...."

The Big Lebowski

Not only endlessly quotable but also endlessly uplifting. While there may be several Coen brothers films that are more highly regarded, or awarded, this is probably the one which will live on the longest.

Certainly several cast members play their most famous roles here, with Bridges who is in pitch perfect condition as the stoned lay about The Dude and John Goodman who is simply hilarious as Walter.

One of those films thats still as funny the 20th time you've seen as as your first.

**** out of ****

A rare case of a movie becoming funnier and better each time I see it. From the opening credits until the very last minutes, it's cinema of the highest quality.

I'd love to attend a Lebowski Fest and watch the film with numerous fans going totally bananas for it.

Carnage:

carnage_zps1p7x9vsa.jpg

Comedy drama, adaptation of a play, Roman Polanski, fun to see these actors doing 'stage acting', ultimately leads to nowhere, it's on Netflix, ...

6/10

Alex

Once you get over the fact that it isn't a serious dramatization but a lark it becomes much more enjoyable. But where should it lead, anyway?

hbk_z.jpg

HILARIOUS !!!! :lol2:

Ben Stiller marries a seemingly sweet innocent girl... on their honeymoon her true self appears when she turns in a psycho with quite a few mental issues. If only he had gotten to know her a little better first. :biglaugh:

Some typical Farrelly Brothers humor, many laugh out loud moments, Ben Stiller in good form, but why is his hair greyer in the film than on the poster???

8/10

hbk_z.jpg

Ben Stiller marries a seemingly sweet innocent girl... on their honeymoon her true self appears when she turns in a psycho with quite a few mental issues. If only he had gotten to know her a little better first. :biglaugh:

Some typical Farrelly Brothers humor, many laugh out loud moments, Ben Stiller in good form, but why is his hair greyer in the film than on the poster???

8/10

5,8 on IMDB. 29% on RT

hbk_z.jpg

8/10

5,8 on IMDB. 29% on RT

Hmm, could be worth watching then.

Carnage:

carnage_zps1p7x9vsa.jpg

Comedy drama, adaptation of a play, Roman Polanski, fun to see these actors doing 'stage acting', ultimately leads to nowhere, it's on Netflix, ...

6/10

Alex

Never seen this, but I do rather like those sort of films where people just sit around navel-gazing, staring into the middle distance, sip their glass of white, sit in their 8-bedroom houses, and say how bad their lives are.

It makes me want to scream at the screen: "SHUT UP, YOU STUPID MIDDLE-CLASS, NARCICISTIC PD IDIOTS !!!!!"

Fantastic, Harry is brilliant in this - 8/10

Yes, I've seen it once and I remember it was a very good film!

Looking forward to a stellar Bluray of this!

99% comedies usually are to be fair.

These days, I'd agree, but through the 90s and 00s there were a lot of memorable ones. The Heartbreak Kid is literally forgettable in that I forgot it existed until I saw it mentioned here. If you like Farrelly humor, go for it, but don't expect There's Something About Mary!

I love that that put David Twellis in a scene for no obvious reason, as Knox Harrington, the video artist.

And I am still looking for Nagelbett!

I'd love to form a band just so I can call it "Amphibious Rodent".

Wouldn't know if it was bad, or no, but it also has John C. Reily. If you want a "good" Polanski "stagey" film, try "Death And The Maiden".

All four Carnage actors deliver great performances.

And I love Death and the Maiden. Great film, great score. I think there's a Blu-ray release, but I haven't been able to find it at my usual places yet.

Picked up a Mad Max trilogy boxset in Sainsbury's for £10 (the only one I'd previously seen in its entirety was the third, and that was almost 30 years ago); plan is to watch all 3 ahead of Fury Road's release next weekend. So ...

Mad Max - well ... interesting. Quite a bit of the acting makes it apparent that most of the $400,000 budget went on making sure the vehicular mayhem was up to scratch, which (fortunately) it very much is.

I did like you and watched these a couple of months ago. I like the second and third Mad Max the most. The first one was a bit weird.

Fury Road is the second most anticipated flick this year for me, after Star Wars. The trailer makes it look awesome as hell. Real live action stunt work. Bless Miller for not going CGI ! :D

What's recycled? They're bringing back a franchise which has been dead and buried for 30 years.

And make it look absolutely bad-ass while not giving into the temptation of cheap CGI eye-candy.

Can't wait for this one, literally.