What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

The Proposal

Ehhhh, I have yet to see a rom com that I like. Felt like all the others.

Tron

I like this movie, but the pacing always confuses me. Plus, all the characters look similar, so that confuses me too. 

Poltergeist

This was pretty good. I like when Marty rips off his face. One of the themes (I don't know which because I'm terrible with themes, especially on initial viewings) reminded me of this:

not sure why

1 hour ago, Rose Dawson said:

I can't understand why Williams was so drawn to Memoirs of a Geisha. 

Oh, but I ask that about most of the movies he did the score for. However, the answer to your question is most likely that he couldn't say 'no' to Frank Marshall.

It's easy to see why Williams was drawn to the project. The idea of scoring those lush landscapes and that rich culture probably appealed to him. You can hear it in the score.

It was also his strongest chance at his 6th Oscar in years. Probably his last real shot.

2 hours ago, KK said:

It's easy to see why Williams was drawn to the project. The idea of scoring those lush landscapes and that rich culture probably appealed to him. You can hear it in the score.

It was also his strongest chance at his 6th Oscar in years. Probably his last real shot.

Instead it went to that gay guitar score.

8 hours ago, Rose Dawson said:

I can't understand why Williams was so drawn to Memoirs of a Geisha. Was is the creepy love story? What does that say of our lord and savior the Maestro?

7 hours ago, Stefancos said:

He loved the book and signed up when Spielberg was up for directing it.

^ Simple as that.

6 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

It's the only explanation guys!

Ultimately? Yes! For Williams, it's all about the people not the material.

I watched The Kingsman: Secret Service. Now bear in mind that I watch very few movies these days, but this was the best one I've seen in a year. It was frickin' awesome! Colin Firth was the ultimate British suave lead! Mr Darcy is a flaccid disgrace of a man by comparison. And those fight sequences? Holy shi... 

Such an inventive and subversive ride, I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. 

Oh and Henry Jackman redeemed himself at last with an ace and supremely stirring contemporary superhero-esque soundtrack (he'd been unnoticeable since Kick-Ass). He and Matthew Vaughn should be banned from ever working without one another. 

Preferred this movie to recent 007s, by a long way. It's also better than Men in Black. 

They are? Is it Matthew Vaughn again? 

18 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

Great movie with a solid score (and an excellent main theme).

That church sequence!

One of the best fight sequences in memory, the choreography and direction are incredible. I loved how frenetic the landed blows felt in this movie, it appeared Vaughn removed individual frames at precise times which served to enhance the dynamism of the melee, the fight scenes were visceral, explosive and seriously cool. I never thought in a million years I'd be calling Colin Firth a total badass. 

How is the OST? 

7 hours ago, Quintus said:

They are? Is it Matthew Vaughn again? 

Yes

On 6/13/2015 at 10:56 AM, BloodBoal said:

On 2/17/2016 at 6:14 PM, Jay said:

On 4/8/2016 at 11:58 AM, Jay said:

First poster for Kingsman 2

SPOILERS if you haven't seen Kingsman 1!

Reveal hidden contents

On 4/8/2016 at 4:07 PM, Jay said:

On 4/12/2016 at 5:45 PM, Jay said:

On 4/14/2016 at 9:20 AM, Jay said:

On 5/31/2016 at 0:42 PM, Jay said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingsman:_The_Golden_Circle

I hope the second Kingsman film has a similarly 'cheeky' finale to the first ... it apparently offended the sort of humourless idiot unaware/in denial about how virtually every Bond film of the franchise's first 40 years ended.     

He's saying that some Bond fans complained about the girl at the end of Kingsman wanting to bang Eggsy, even though a lot of Bond films end with Bond banging the girl

Yep ... from Connery to Brosnan, Bond's 'reward' for saving the world is sexytime with his leading lady. So Eggsy gettin' some 'backdoor' action at the end of Kingsman in return for same is clearly the sort of nod to it that you can make when you've been granted a 15 certificate, but there was some whining that it was misoygnistic and offensive, yadda yadda yadda.   

9 minutes ago, Quintus said:

It's basically the British version of Men in Black isn't it. Only considerably sharper and more violent. 

No, I wouldn't say that; No idea why you even came up with that comparison really.

Men in Black is about secret agents protecting the world from bad aliens, and the existence of all aliens from the public - and was primarily a comedy first film.

This was about secret service agents in a "more realistic" setting with comedy happening along the way of a primarily action driven storyline.

Yes, they are both about secret agents, sure, but the MIB franchise is hardly the first thing I'd equate this film to.  Its closer in style to Matthew Vaughn's other films than the juvenile slapstick in the MIB films

11 hours ago, BloodBoal said:

We need a reboob to set things right! Queenswoman!

'Reboob' :lol: . 

Sounds like a special cut of a movie where the female nudity's been put back in.  

15 hours ago, Stefancos said:

British?

Never mind then....

IMG_9029.JPG

Nearly missed your reply sorry. Oh in regards to you and Kingsman, I'd say there's little of interest there. Or at least I don't recall there being any Romulans in it. Nothing gets set to stun; indeed people tend to get the living shit kicked out of them in Kingsman's "universe".