What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

3 hours ago, Koray Savas said:

All of the films finally received proper upgrades with the 4K blu-rays. They were rereleasing the old lossy discs for ages. I’m picking them up one-by-one as the prices drop. 

Well three of them are 2K upscales. Only 1 and 4 are proper 4K. But yeah there is a difference.

Karol

15 hours ago, Marian Schedenig said:

I was going to finally watch Annihilation, but it turns out I can't. At least not if I want to see it in good quality. I have two Blu-ray players (one Samsung, one Sony), a PS3, and a PS4. All of them have a Netflix app. And none of them is capable of playing Netflix at 24fps. I guess all I can hope for is a Blu-ray release...

That is a bummer that the PS4 forces 60hz from Netflix output creating 3:2 pulldown for 24fps content.  Very lame they won't fix it.

I'd recommend purchasing an Amazon Firestick.  Works great, zippy interface, only 40 bucks, outputs everything properly

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZV9RDKK

Use your phone?  I've never used my phone to interface with anything.  What are you referring to, Chromecast maybe?  I've never used one of those.

Yeah Chromecast requires a phone.  Especially now that Amazon has its streaming app on Apple TV, I don't really have a reason to switch after using it for a number of years now.

47 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I can't stand the ones where you have to use your phone as the interface.

Phone or any PC with Chrome.

1 minute ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

I liked the bits when the house starts falling apart.

So predictable. It's only funny when Carlos turned out to be Hitler's pool man, and Tom comments on how nice the pool is.

For all non Netflix content my phone is basically my main media streamer throughout the home. Casting is so wonderfully convenient and clutterless these days, it's great. 

I will get A Quiet Place in 4K today.  I still must buy a 4k player which I will do on Black Friday.

12 minutes ago, Cherry Pie That'll Kill Ya said:

Rising Sun

Entertaining but weak ending. Fun way to kill two hours.

The anthropological manner in which Conner describes the Japanese would probably not fly nowadays.

17 minutes ago, Quintus said:

For all non Netflix content my phone is basically my main media streamer throughout the home. Casting is so wonderfully convenient and clutterless these days, it's great. 

Right, he is saying he takes his phone out of his pocket to select what to watch and begin the stream, but then then TV is what actually displays the stream

He's saying he prefers doing it that way over using a remote.

9 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Drax probably doesn't stream or cast much.

Vcrs dont stream or cast

There's even a Kodi plugin for Android which allows me to browse Kodi on my phone and bring up whatever I want to watch on the big TV. WiFi manages it all these days, it's great. To me, physical media is all but dead. 

Also, Chromecast is a much more reliable device than Amazon Fire Stick in my experience. I own both now, and I never use the Fire Stick at all anymore, it was always horrid at playing HD media via Prime streaming or Netflix, always micro-stuttering without fail. 

These days though, one doesn't really even need those devices anyway - since modern panels are generally all 'smart' in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Stefancos said:

Drax probably doesn't stream or cast much.

I've only really just started streaming.

I still don't understand why my downloads are capped, but my cable TV which comes through the same in-ground cable as my internet, is completely uncapped.

Your downloading probably isn't capped any more either and you just never realized it

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Your downloading probably isn't capped any more either and you just never realized it

They're strict in Australia. When I go over my 250gb allowance, speed is reduced to dial up.

I watched 10 Cloverfield Lane last night, and I'm glad I did. Couple of bad plot holes (easily ignored by me) and badly overscored, but it was still an effective little twist on the captivity thriller. There's a part of me that wishes more movies were setup to accommodate such a playfully cool reveal in the final moments of the story.