What Is The Last Film You Watched? (Older Films)

Mr. Breathmask

4 minutes ago, SteveMc said:

Have not seen the whole thing, but every clip I have seen makes me want to stay very far away.

It ranges from meh to bleh

10 minutes ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Yeah, but as far as s Spielberg goes, it's ass.

It's what Spielberg means to me today.

War Horse: Kids movie. I had a hard time watching it till the end. 

Lincoln: Switched it off.

The BFG: Never saw it. Kids movie. No interest. 

The Post: Switched it off very quickly. 

Tintin: Switched it off. 

Crystal Skull: Ouch!

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

For those JWfaners who have seen it...what do you think that Spielberg is trying to say?

"Hurr durr, me old grandpa, totally hip, now get off your fancy schmancy internetz, fellow kids! You like Minecraft, right? And The Shining?"

1 hour ago, AC1 said:

It's what Spielberg means to me today.

War Horse: Kids movie. I had a hard time watching it till the end. 

The BFG: Never saw it. Kids movie. No interest. 

The Post: Switched it off very quickly. 

Tintin: Switched it off. 

Crystal Skull: Ouch!

Better go back to watching 2001 for the Nth time. ;)

1 hour ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

I've not yet had the opportunity READY PLAYER ONE, but I have read reviews, and they seem to be 50/50. For those JWfaners who have seen it...what do you think that Spielberg is trying to say?

I want more money - not because I need it, but because I can.

What's weird though is Stefan is pretty much anti gaming. Hmm. Could it be this is a bit more nuanced than the simple JWFan determinations think it is? History tells us the answer is probably yes, it is.

I think you were just desperate for a Spielbergian popcorn movie fix and RP1 could appeal to you as a gamer and with nostalgia for the good shit.

As for Stefan, I think he was probably also just desperate for popcorn Spielberg and he probably loved Tin  Tin as well.

RPO is an average film, but harmless. The book on the other hand is pure bilge and one of the worst I've ever read. It reads as if a computer program aggregated all of the writings of insufferable internet pop culture gatekeepers into a single manuscript, filtered through all of the worst tropes in fan fiction. The protagonist is the most complete embodiment of a Mary Sue I've ever encountered.

9 hours ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

Quint is an old gamer. Of course be loved it. 

1 hour ago, Gruesome Son of a Bitch said:

I think you were just desperate for a Spielbergian popcorn movie fix and RP1 could appeal to you as a gamer and with nostalgia for the good shit.

As for Stefan, I think he was probably also just desperate for popcorn Spielberg and he probably loved Tin  Tin as well.

Why do you seem so concerned with affixing some quick label to explain to him why he liked the movie? Is it so that it's easier for you to dismiss his perspective?

21 minutes ago, AC1 said:

Nice try, gamer! I've only seen it 4 times.

That many? I was right then! :) And you were wrong - I'm not a gamer. Lee, on the other hand, is a gamer, and you can see the effect it has.

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

That many? I was right then! 

Nothing compared to the amount of times you guys watched The Lost  World, Tintin or The Adventures Of Bozo The Clown.

5 minutes ago, AC1 said:

The Lost  World, Tintin

I've seen both of these once, in the cinema. For former was a trainwreck, so I probably won't watch it again. The latter I like, and won't mind watching again.

6 minutes ago, AC1 said:

The Adventures Of Bozo The Clown.

I'm not familiar with this one. I bet it has a score by HanZ.

9 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:
15 minutes ago, AC1 said:

The Lost  World, Tintin

former was a trainwreck, so I probably won't watch it again. The latter I like, and won't mind watching again.

:up:

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

I mean, this is nostalgia guy 2000 we're talking about here. It's all a bit rich, coming from him lol. Batman and Titanic on repeat or GTFO!

This is a dickish overgeneralization. You're either forgetting or deliberately ignoring the many other films he loves, listed exhaustively: Ghosbusters II, Godzilla (1998), ID4, and The Lost World.

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. It popped up on TV not two days ago. I watched it for a while, got the gist of what it was going to be like, switched channels and never looked back.

Not bad, per se, but staid and rather tedious.

I've seen Lincoln twice and remember kinda liking it both times, but somehow I can't for the life of me remember anything that happened in it or what it was about. (same as between the two watches)

36 minutes ago, Chen G. said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. It popped up on TV not two days ago. I watched it for a while, got the gist of what it was going to be like, switched channels and never looked back.

Not bad, per se, but staid and rather tedious.

This is the thing, I'd rather try a pensioner Spielberg popcorn flick over one of his gravely reverential history lessons. So yeah, in that way I'm very sure about where my priorities lie, at least in regards to modern or 'woke' Spielberg. The alternative is either JJ Abrams, Colin Trevorrow or Batman '89 on repeat. The three of those prospects can lumped together in terms of their appeal.

I like how Gruesome Son Of A Bitch cited Quintus and King Mark as the only board members who RP1 would appeal to, when it was me posting about how I'd watched and enjoyed it that triggered the discussion. How *lovely* to be so invisible. 

I'm a '71 baby and a gamer of many years standing. I daresay this has a lot to do with my enjoyment of the film.  

2 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

I like how Gruesome Son Of A Bitch cited Quintus and King Mark as the only board members who RP1 would appeal to, when it was me posting about how I'd watched and enjoyed it that triggered the discussion. How *lovely* to be so invisible. 

I'm a '71 baby and a gamer of many years standing. I daresay this has a lot to do with my enjoyment of the film.  

Who the hell are you?

4 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

This is a dickish overgeneralization. You're either forgetting or deliberately ignoring the many other films he loves, listed exhaustively: Ghosbusters II, Godzilla (1998), ID4, and The Lost World.

You forgot Star Trek: Generations