The Adventures of Tintin SOUNDTRACK Anticipation thread (Pre-order sites, cover art, release dates, etc)

Romão

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting although not unexpected: "No release date has been set yet, but a release around the movie’s release date overseas in October is expected." So you US guys get to listen for two months before you will get to see it. (3 months in Brazil). Isn't that unusual?

Kalli

OSTS almost always come out before the films are in theaters, but yea 2 months is exceptionally long

Cool. Another step on the way to the music.:)

I can only imagine what kind of debate storm the release of the track list will bring.

And obviously we are not the only ones whose brain this long JW drought has addled. Indy 4 was released in 2008 and not 2007 as they claim in that article.

Interesting although not unexpected: "No release date has been set yet, but a release around the movie’s release date overseas in October is expected." So you US guys get to listen for two months before you will get to see it. (3 months in Brazil). Isn't that unusual?

Kalli

I think that general timeframe is expected by the author of the article, not Sony.

Well another incomplete score with zero chance for unreleased music in the next 20 years

Track List:

Track 1 :Tintin Suite

Track 2 :Milou's Theme (same as in Tintin Suite with different intro)

Track 3 : Shady Dealings and Arrival in Belgium (really arrival in France in the film with same music repeated on Track 12)

Track 6 : Half of the film version of "Chase Around the Globe"

Track 9 : High Seas Adventure (Canceled, appears briefly in early leaked track list). Becomes holy grail unreleased cue

*50 minutes of music*

Track 13: Last action cue with best rendition of Tintin's theme edited out

Track 14: Microedited Incomplete Finale missing last big string swell

Track 15 :Tintin Suite Reprise (wasting 15 minutes of disk space)

Track 16: Escape from the Castle :Target Exclusive Bonus Track

* Tracks 3,4,5 include narration by Andy Serkis

** Tracks 8,10,11 are songs not composed by JW

C.D. comes with exclusive foldout poster and screen savers

You forgot

Track 7: End Credits in the middle of the CD

Bonus Track: Music Editor taunting listeners with a bad quality clip of an "unreleased" cueand laughing his head off.

Well another incomplete score with zero chance for unreleased music in the next 20 years

Track List:

Track 2 :Milou's Theme (same as in Tintin's Suite with different intro)

Track 9 : High Seas Adventure (Canceled, appears briefly in early leaked track list)

*50 minutes of music*

* Tracks 3,4,5 include dialogue from the movie

Yeah looks just about right. All in a day's work for John Williams, the music producer. And don't go blaming some poor Ramiro Belgardt for it!

But let us see what the release will be and listen to it first before doing a proper moan on how badly the music is represented on the CD. That said I would not like a reprise of something like Mischief Managed on any JW album. A truly ironic track title just there.

Track List:

Track 2 :Milou's Theme (same as in Tintin Suite with different intro)

Track 3 : Shady Dealings and Arrival in Belgium (really arrival in France in the film with same music repeated on Track 12)

Track 9 : High Seas Adventure (Canceled, appears briefly in early leaked track list). Becomes holy grail unreleased cue

*50 minutes of music*

* Tracks 3,4,5 include narration by Andy Serkis

C.D. comes with exclusive foldout poster and screen savers

:rolleyes: I pity you. I really do.

Great!

Memoirs, Home Alone, Hook, Star Wars prequels... Tintin. :)

We can probably wait something along the line of Prequel OSTs lengthwise. Or so I hope. Over 70 minutes.

If it's Sony, the audioclips should be available sometime in September (at least outside the US)?

Can't wait!

Though I haven't decided whether to listen to them beforehand or not.

:lol:

Well, I think having listened to a few samples beforehand may actually give you a better listening experience when hearing it for the first time in the movie.

If they release samples i'll

IMMEDIATELY

listen to them.

Wojo, come hither and tell the fellow why that is almost entirely physically impossible.

Entirely physically impossible? Why?

In the literal sense you say you will listen to them the very instant they are uploaded to the internet, or sold over the counter. That means you're gonna spend a long time from now constantly refreshing the Sony Classical website till their (hopeful) release. ;)

In the literal sense you say you will listen to them the very instant they are uploaded to the internet, or sold over the counter. That means you're gonna spend a long time from now constantly refreshing the Sony Classical website till their (hopeful) release. ;)

You are weird.

Oh and don't forget the painstakingly un-addable horn insert at 1:38 of "Snowy Gets Dirty".

:blink: Oops i should have choosen a different title...

We'll have to make a 2-second dvd rip for that with car noise ofcourse...

Oh and don't forget the painstakingly un-addable horn insert at 1:38 of "Snowy Gets Dirty".

My sheet music says "Snowy Goes Unkempt"

I forgot track 4

Castafiore's Party Source Music (7 minutes)

There are at least 3 source cues in the film, though I doubt any of them would be on the OST

• 1 month later...

Oh, I thought it was our Maestro's CD :blush: , as it says that the label is Sony Music & the release date matches for the european releases (oct. 24)...

Oh, I thought it was our Maestro's CD :blush: , as it says that the label is Sony Music & the release date matches for the european releases (oct. 24)...

No, you're probably right. Hopefully KM can train his anxiety on something else now.

Here is where you can find the International version of the Tintin OST on the various worldwide Amazon sites. I've included the release date of the OST followed by the release date of the film itself for each county)

site: URL (OST release date, film release date)

Amazon Canada: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (November 1st, December 23rd)

Amazon China: http://www.amazon.cn/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (--(Link not live yet)--, November 24th)

Amazon France: http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (October 24th, October 26th)

Amazon Germany: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (October 28th, October 28th)

Amazon Italy: http://www.amazon.it/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (No date listed, October 28th)

Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (October 24th, December 1st)

Amazon Spain: http://www.amazon.es/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (No date listed, October 28th)

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (October 24th, October 28th)

Amazon USA: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005KWAWJ2/ (November 1st, December 23rd)

Still no listing for the USA version of the OST.

Perhaps KM came too close with his jocund prediction and we will get the

Music, which does not mean the weird stuff that has no singing or pop beats,

In No Way Inspired By and Totally Unrelated to the Motion Picture

Adventures of Tintin album

I know the OST to War Horse will be a great, nothing to criticize album like Memoirs of a Geisha or Terminal

I'm pretty sure Sony Classical will pull some kind of weird gimmicky stuff with Tintin, ruining everything in the process

Those are my predictions so be it

I think both albums will feature generous running time and will have most of the highlights, arranged in typical Williams' "listening experience" fashion. Then we'll start our usual mad analysis to find out every minutiae about them :)

I think both albums will feature generous running time and will have most of the highlights, arranged in typical Williams' "listening experience" fashion. Then we'll start our usual mad analysis to find out every minutiae about them :)

Do not forget the hunt for missing music from video games and DVD rips. ;)

But boy it's great to have 2 new John Williams CDs coming out so soon!

Do not forget the hunt for missing music from video games and DVD rips. ;)

We should be saying "Blu-Ray rips" now. "DVDrips" is so 00's. We're in the 10's now, people. DVDs belong to the past. Let's move on!

Sorry about that Bloodboal. I am such an old fashioned guy. Still listening to CDs and watching movies on DVD, so it was a slip of the tongue. Besides you are quite right, Blu-rays have better sound quality.