The Adventures of Tintin SOUNDTRACK Anticipation thread (Pre-order sites, cover art, release dates, etc)

Romão

"Music made by some guy who appeared on Family Guy"

Yeah a good selling point! They should elaborate: "The guy who appeared on Family Guy and who got shot with his orchestra in the desert in the episode Blue Harvest.

I wonder if the Introducing Bianca Castafiore track is just a partial recording of the the Jewel Song, l'air des bijoux from Faust or will it flow into some underscore.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that sample is nothing Williams? I'm not familiar with that Faust song.

That's what I like to know too. Is the opera song an original Williams composition?

"Music made by some guy who appeared on Family Guy"

Yeah a good selling point! They should elaborate: "The guy who appeared on Family Guy and who got shot with his orchestra in the desert in the episode Blue Harvest.

You underestimate JW, or the younger generation, or both.

I have found that most teens and even kids who are into movies actually know who JW is, mostly due to Harry Potter. I was actually a bit stunned.

Good god man! You didn't think I actually meant it?

:lol: Sorry, I actually meant to quote fommes, not you:

Perhaps not with the younger public. "I want that CD! It's music and it's got Tintin on the cover!" as opposed to "Oh no, it's by that old fart again".

I wish they had gone with a more fun cover than the moody teaser poster image. Oh well - that's what we have fan made covers for! :)

It's also possible the US release will be different

I wish they had gone with a more fun cover than the moody teaser poster image. Oh well - that's what we have fan made covers for! :)

Yes, my feelings too.

But maybe - get this -- there will be 4 different collectible covers!! :P

Yes, my feelings too.

4 collectible bonus tracks please! ;)

Yes, my feelings too.

4 collectible bonus tracks please! ;)

Only available on 4 different CDs - not for download.

Who will buy all 4? :lol:

:lol: Sorry, I actually meant to quote fommes, not you:

Perhaps not with the younger public. "I want that CD! It's music and it's got Tintin on the cover!" as opposed to "Oh no, it's by that old fart again".

Good god man! You didn't think I actually meant it?

Same one on Amazon France's pre-order page. Too bad as I was hoping to order one that says "Les aventures de Tintin" given that the books were originally written in French.

If they're both the same I think the UK site charges less for shipping.

This was on the Play.com site:

23725821_500x500_1.jpg

And this one has Williams credited as he should be. Roald had an uncanny intuition about the cover though. I had to check twice to make sure it was not his. :)

I'm still waiting for the mention "Does NOT include Picking Pockets" to appear on the cover...

Yes "To long lamenting fans, a special omission has been made. Does not include Picking Pockets.

:lol:

This site has a larger version of the one at Amazon:

http://www.forceshomepage.com/shop/shop.php?c=MUS&n=520920&i=B005KWAWJ2&x=The_Adventures_of_Tintin

The one on Play.com definitely seems like the real deal, though. It's uncanny how similar it is to Roald's, though!

:lol:

This site has a larger version of the one at Amazon:

http://www.forceshom...tures_of_Tintin

It's the exact same size as the one at Amazon.

Haha you're right - I just noticed they actually just stole the image from amazon - they're using the one hosted on amazon's servers :lol:

This was on the Play.com site:

23725821_500x500_1.jpg

And this one has Williams credited as he should be. Roald had an uncanny intuition about the cover though. I had to check twice to make sure it was not his. :)

Well, it's okay I guess, but I would have preferred another cover art, simply because the background color reminds me a bit of Minority Report and PoA.

Still, it's no biggie.

I guess the cover enhances more the mystery aspect of the film than the adventure.

I just realized something.

Either Sony used the exact same font to write "Music Composed and Conducted by JW" they used for Home Alone back in 1990, or this is fan made too! I knew that script look familiar.

516tJWaMTFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yeah, it's more about The Secret Of The Unicorn than The Adventures of Tintin (the poster with the globe would be better for that)

Well, yes. I'd have preferred the Adventure angle, I suppose. :)

As I have said love the noirishly moody feel of the official cover. But I would not have objected to the motorcycle image or Milou and Tintin globe trotting picture either.

I'm still waiting for the mention "Does NOT include Picking Pockets" to appear on the cover...

Maybe it will be a hidden bonus track, like On the Conveyor belt.

Was that hidden?

Was that hidden?

I believe so.

Was that hidden?

I believe so.

I mean, didn't we know about it until we actually played the album and suddenly realized . . . hey, there's a 14th track! WTH!! :)

But I would not have objected to the motorcycle image

You're talking about this one?

tintin-mcdo-pub.png

:blink:

You're crazy. :whistle:

Well no. Not really. You know the one I meant you rascal! And that McDonalds advert looks awful. Look how glazed pver Tintin's eyes are and he looks as wooden as Orlando Bloom

Was that hidden?

I believe so.

Yes with a big red sticker on the cover to give it away. :lol:

I seem to remeber that it was supposed to be exclusive for Target chain of stores but I guess it was distributed a bit wider as the first batch I encountered in stores in the spring of 2002 had the bonus track and sticker as well.

I seems to remeber that it was supposed to be exclusive for Target chain of stores but I guess it was distributed a bit wider as the first batch I encountered in stores in the spring of 2002 had the bonus track and sticker as well.

The Target thing was only in the US, I believe (there are no Targets in Europe, right?). Yes, the later editions of AOTC had those red stickers. But I was thinking that maybe when it was first released, Conveyor was intended to be a surprise...

Yes, but it wasn't listed on the back cover. Amazon still has no mention about this track. Perhaps it will be the same with Picking Pockets (although, I don't really think so)

Yes, but it wasn't listed on the back cover. Amazon still has no mention about this track. Perhaps it will be the same with Picking Pockets (although, I don't really think so)

Why not???

AotC was released by Sony Classical too! Suddenly I am getting my hopes up again... at least a little. ;)

Nah. Until we get press release that says that I won't hold my breath for any bonus tracks.

Why not???

AotC was released by Sony Classical too! Suddenly I am getting my hopes up again... at least a little. ;)

Because there is no I am the Senate bonus track on RotS CD. ;)

Why not???

Because there is no I am the Senate bonus track on RotS CD. ;)

Hmmm. Maybe since then they've learned their lesson, and this time they wanna do it right! :P

Wait a minute. Amazon doesn't officially list it, so does that mean it's not even possible to officially download it?? It's not listed anyway.

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Episode-Attack-Clones/dp/B00138KLCA/ref=sr_shvl_album_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317895897&sr=301-1