The Adventures of Tintin SOUNDTRACK Anticipation thread (Pre-order sites, cover art, release dates, etc)

Romão

Thank you for writing the liner note in full here. That was a terrific small analysis of the score by Mr. Spielberg. He certainly was inspired and I can't blame him. Williams' music truly captures all that he describes above. :)

P.S. Perhaps spoiler tags would be in order so people who do not want to read this before getting their CD can avoid it.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JW's "Liner notes" usually come when the signature edition orchestral score is released. Really hope there's one of those for Tintin!

Agreed! And it's very true that Williams usually gives a quite eloquent description of the music in the signature editions. :)

was your's with the transparent plastic envelope ("opened")

Mine was without it....

Same happened with KOTCS. I dont know if they just check the CD is there or i always get the one they (or customs) open to rip it :P

They are all opened because disc got replaced with a non-picking pocket's version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And i think the reason is that they forgot to put the name of the cue in the tracklist on the booklet and back cover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Still haven't received mine. :(

Has anyone in North America received it yet? Hope it comes in tomorrow so I can listen to it over the weekend.

To make things even more puzzling, here's the Tintin tracklist that appeared today at SAE:

1 The Adventures of Tintin

2 Snowy's Theme

3 The Secret of the Scrolls

4 Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase

5 Marlinspike Hall

6 Escape from the Karaboudjan

7 Sir Francis and the Unicorn

8 Captain Haddock Takes the Oars

9 Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure

10 Capturing Mr. Silk

11 The Flight to Bagghar

12 The Milanese Nightingale

13 Presenting Bianca Castafiore

14 The Pursuit of the Falcon

15 The Captain's Counsel

16 The Clash of the Cranes

17 The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale

18 The Adventure Continues

19 A Thirst for Adventure

http://www.screenarc...NTIN-PRE-ORDER/

:huh:

How many wrong variations there are of this track list? It seems to be very difficult to get it right. :lol:

Oh you had to mention that remotest of remote possibility guys! Thanks a lot. KM will be foaming at the mouth now.

crazy anonymous guy here. I had ordered the soundtrack as an import (to usa) from Amazon and was to receive it eariler in the week. I received an email yesterday saying I would not receive it until dec. 13th, the us release date. My hunch is that Sony is not allowing such imports for the time being.

As for the Thirst for Adventure, it sure as hell sounds like a concert arrangement title. We can only hope I guess.

A Thirst for Adventure was just a different name for the Adventure Continues which was on the early CD tracklist. It got changed later but Sony sent the early track list to many internet retailers by mistake.

Or there could be something there. For BloodBoal's sake I leave the question open for now. :P

Still haven't received mine. :(

Has anyone in North America received it yet? Hope it comes in tomorrow so I can listen to it over the weekend.

crazy anonymous guy here. I had ordered the soundtrack as an import (to usa) from Amazon and was to receive it eariler in the week. I received an email yesterday saying I would not receive it until dec. 13th, the us release date. My hunch is that Sony is not allowing such imports for the time being.

I ordered mine from Amazon UK (I live in the USA), and I still haven't even gotten a shipping notification...

Looking on Amazon, it seems as though the imported version can no longer be purchased. It's been replaced by the US version, to be released December 13th.

Did you order it on the UK or US website? I ordered it straight from the UK website and it shipped last Saturday. Maybe Sony found out about the high number of overseas orders and requested that they no longer be fulfilled from now on.

Did you order it on the UK or US website? I ordered it straight from the UK website and it shipped last Saturday. Maybe Sony found out about the high number of overseas orders and requested that they no longer be fulfilled from now on.

Directly from the UK website. You'd think if they canceled my order I'd at least get an email notification that they did.

I'm thinking about canceling my UK order and just placing a US order and waiting it out. I have access to the cover art, liner notes, and (most importantly) the music itself, I can wait an extra month for the CD for a few extra bucks.

I'm thinking about canceling my UK order and just placing a US order and waiting it out. I have access to the cover art, liner notes, and (most importantly) the music itself, I can wait an extra month for the CD for a few extra bucks.

yep, there is really no point paying more...

Well I got my CD finally today. From a normal brick-and-mortar store no less.

About 18 €. I know, I know it is a bit more than what you would have paid for it on e.g. Amazon UK but only a bit. I think I can justify the purchase to myself as supporting the brick-and-mortar store by buying from them. :P

About 18 €. I know, I know it is a bit more than what you would have paid for it on e.g. Amazon UK but only a bit. I think I can justify the purchase to myself as supporting the brick-and-mortar store by buying from them. :P

Can I also ask you, was it shrink wrapped? Because I have an idea Sony Classical doesn't bother with that any longer...

Can I also ask you, was it shrink wrapped? Because I have an idea Sony Classical doesn't bother with that any longer...

No it was not shrink wrapped. But that is not surprising. Many CDs I buy new from regular stores are not shrink wrapped.

Not shrikwrapped CDs in physical stores?!?!?!!

That is strange, i have not seen that ever.

I have seen that a lot here. Depends on the storage system I guess. Some of the stores have their CDs on separate storage boxes and the CD case on the shelf and especially if there are only few copies they use the CD case on the shelf and place the CD there when a customer wants to buy one of the few copies they have. And sometimes they do have the shrink wrapped CDs in storage as well.

I would think that's dependent on the record label.

Clearly, Tintin is not shrink wrapped regardless of whether you buy it in the UK, Netherlands, Spain, or wherever.

Those who have ordered it from amazon.uk so far have reported that their copies weren't shrink wrapped, either. And I hate it when the CD case arrives already scratched... :huh:

i suppose they have some kind of case with electronic chip to prevent people from stealing right?

No, they figure, hey it's a film score! Nobody's gonna steal those anyway! :P

i suppose they have some kind of case with electronic chip to prevent people from stealing right?

Obviously when the CD storage is behind the counter and the clerks and you just ask for them for the CD or hand them the empty CD case from the shelf so they can put the CD in the possibility of theft is pretty minimal.

Obviously when the CD storage is behind the counter and the clerks and you just ask for them for the CD or hand them the empty CD case from the shelf so they can put the CD in the possibility of theft is pretty minimal.

what a great place to get replacements Cases-covers... ;)

BTW. I'll check tintin but i think in spain the CDs must be wrapped. I havent seen in stores so i dont know.

KOTCS was also opened but i ordered it from the uK, and i thought again that it was either customs or checking cd to evade 'my case was empty returns'

Btw, did I tell you guys?

The case from my 1941 was ever so slightly damaged too (my gf didn't even realize that at first!). A tiny bit from the corner was broken.

But no biggie. The CDs were fine.