HOOK Blu ray coming November 1st!!!!

Jay

Yeah the score is what we really want!

And we got some hints recently with MV from La-La-Land making a mischievous comment refering to the possible release. Announce it officially already!

I refuse to even remotely believe an expanded/complete Hook score is going to be release until they announce it.It's almost impossible such a JW holy grail can happen to us in a legit form

Despite all the rumors

I thought Black Hole was not going to happen even with the 100 FSM threads about it before the announcement

I can already see the awful moaning when the Hook release if and when it is released is only a 2 CD affair and leaves out all those alternate takes of Never Feast and Flight to Neverland. :P

But let's just hope they do not hint in vain and LLL truly has this in the works.

I'm sure they can do something great with 2 c.d.'s

As long as they don't leave IMPORTANT unreleased music like the banquet food insert and Hook is Dead and Exit Music

A lot of the boot is filled with alternates of Flight to Neverland that I can't tell apart.They can leave those out

I'm sure they can do something great with 2 c.d.'s

As long as they don't leave IMPORTANT unreleased music like the banquet food insert and Hook is Dead and Exit Music

A lot of the boot is filled with alternates of Flight to Neverland that I can't tell apart.They can leave those out

Yeah the complete score runs little over 2h so there would be room for nearly 30 min. of alternates and unused music in a 2 CD set. Most of all I would naturally love to get the versions written for the film instead of the OST alternates which they can leave on the still widely available album.

absolutely a horrible film, robin williams is awful,

Spielberg's direction is terrible, Julia Roberts was terribly miscast. Only Professor McGonagal and Cap't Hook are decent.

I refuse to even remotely believe an expanded/complete Hook score is going to be release until they announce it.It's almost impossible such a JW holy grail can happen to us in a legit form

Despite all the rumors

I thought Black Hole was not going to happen even with the 100 FSM threads about it before the announcement

It's going to happen. The first time MV hinted at it, it was specifically asked about. Since then he's been hinting every couple of months about it, without anyone really pressuring him to do so.

Ugh. Why does this film always get shafted?

No special features again. I'll pass on the bluray, which I truly hate to say cause I adore this movie, but ugh sony.

Hopefully the complete score is released.

The complete score plus the key alternates/unused cues should fit on a 2-disc set for sure (with both discs filled out at their maximum capacity of course), so there's no need to whine if that will be the case.

It's curious that even for its Blu-ray release this film will be presented in a no-frills edition. The DVD was the same (the R2 had a short promo featurette that wasn't on the US edition, but nothing amazing). I guess Spielberg isn't very fond of this film. It was a very troubled and diffcult prodcution, so it would be nice to have a retrospective documentary with cast and crew.

Spielberg as a rule is known for dvds and blu rays that are low on frills. So many other directors are so much better than he is in this aspect. Just once I'd love to see him go all James Cameron on one of his dvd/blu releases. As much as I dislike this film it would be cool if there was commentary so you could understand why he did this, or that, or why he cast so and so.

Yeah, especially since Hook was originally going be a musical. THat's quite a transformation for it to undergo. Spielberg has mentioned that he has always wanted to direct a musical, I hope he gets a chance. A Williams musical would be awesome.

Did Williams ever record some of the musical numbers, and if so can we expect to hear them on the potential Hook LLL release? That would be great.

Spielberg as a rule is known for dvds and blu rays that are low on frills. So many other directors are so much better than he is in this aspect. Just once I'd love to see him go all James Cameron on one of his dvd/blu releases. As much as I dislike this film it would be cool if there was commentary so you could understand why he did this, or that, or why he cast so and so.

The majority of Spielberg's titles on DVD and BD have lots of bonus features, most of them great ones. The only titles which don't feature some kind of in-depth extra contents are The Sugarland Express, Empire of the Sun, Always, Hook, Amistad and Schindler's List.

I'm sincerely happy that he isn't fond of running commentary. Most of them are plain boring and pretentious. I'm all for documentaries and behind-the-scenes stuff, but I don't like to watch films with the director saying "I did this way because of this or that"

Did Williams ever record some of the musical numbers, and if so can we expect to hear them on the potential Hook LLL release? That would be great.

The only musical number that survived and that was filmed and recorded is "When You're Alone" (even though it ended up severely trimmed in the final cut). All the other stuff was scrapped before during pre-production.

Never liked the movie much. I wouldn't say it's horrible; I could probably watch it in the background but it doesn't have that much going for it in my book.

I think the OST is a wonderful presentation and outside perhaps the complete final battle cue, it's not one I'm desperate for more music from. But I think that goes in hand with a lack of familiarity with the film - I'm not aware of missing highlights.

The complete score plus the key alternates/unused cues should fit on a 2-disc set for sure (with both discs filled out at their maximum capacity of course), so there's no need to whine if that will be the case.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if MV went for a 3-disc set with absolutely everything, considering he's done it multiple times before. It all depends on how much they were able to get their hands on, and in this case, I think they got a lot.

The majority of Spielberg's titles on DVD and BD have lots of bonus features, most of them great ones. The only titles which don't feature some kind of in-depth extra contents are The Sugarland Express, Empire of the Sun, Always, Hook, Amistad and Schindler's List.

I'm sincerely happy that he isn't fond of running commentary. Most of them are plain boring and pretentious. I'm all for documentaries and behind-the-scenes stuff, but I don't like to watch films with the director saying "I did this way because of this or that"

The only musical number that survived and that was filmed and recorded is "When You're Alone" (even though it ended up severely trimmed in the final cut). All the other stuff was scrapped before during pre-production.

sorry but no they don't they are cheap on the frills, maybe they have different releases in Europe, but here in the states, he's a cheap *** bast***. So many other directors put out a better dvd. But Spielberg can make it better next year. Don't be such a tight *** Steve like you were on the Raiders and JP sets that promised lots and delivered little. He needs to give us commentaries. You may not like them but some of us do.

I'd really love to see the deleted material for this. Unless the execution was just horrendous, there are a few scenes in particular that sound really solid, and I can only guess they were cut for time--stuff like Hook confronting Peter on the mast when he tries to touch Maggie and Jack, and Rufio actually challenging Peter to fight, fly, and crow before pronouncing that he can't.

I keep hoping to see a "LaLaLand announces Hook Expanded 2 c.d. set" thread

I'm kind of worried because if it was in the works it would make sense to announce this one in advance

I'm kind of worried because if it was in the works it would make sense to announce this one in advance

I'm sure there would be a separate thread for that if and when it's announced.

MV has been so tongue in cheek about for a year or so, I really expect it to be. 20th anniverary, blu-ray coming out, LLL already releasing Spielberg/Williams scores. All good omens.

I would probably buy the Blu-ray if I had a player. The film along with the score has certain childhood nostalgia which is hard to resist even though you know it is not the best movie in the world. And Dustin Hoffman's performance is just brilliant.

And we are all keeping our fingers crossed for the complete release. The thought of having among other things the Ultimate War finally in full form is mouth watering to say the least.

The only reason why I keep thinking they may NOT do a Hook complete release this year is because of 1941 being released this month. If it is being released this year it would be really close to this release, and you would think they would have spread out their Williams releases further apart. However, weren't they originally going to release 1941 during Comic Con?

Yes, they planned on having 1941, Batman Forever, Forever Young, and Space Above And Beyond all ready by comic con, but all got delayed and The Golden Child was released before comic con instead.

I'm sure if LLL is working on Hook, they are doing everything they can to make it the best product possible, and will release it as soon as that product is assembled. I don't think being close to other Williams releases would have any impact.

And it's not like they're spreading out Goldsmith releases, are they. In fact, the labels have almost started a rivalry as to how much Goldsmith they can release each.

This is some of the earliest John Williams and Steven Spielberg I was ever exposed to. I remember seeing this in the theater as a very young child and just loving it. I can still remember watching the sword fight at the end and when the crocodile falls onto Hook. Awesome. I also remember the music in this scene. It's one of the coolest things I've ever experienced at the movies.

Spielberg made a movie for kids and I was one of those kids.

This is some of the earliest John Williams and Steven Spielberg I was ever exposed to. I remember seeing this in the theater as a very young child and just loving it. I can still remember watching the sword fight at the end and when the crocodile falls onto Hook. Awesome. I also remember the music in this scene. It's one of the coolest things I've ever experienced at the movies.

I had a similar experience, though I never saw it in theaters.

And it's not like they're spreading out Goldsmith releases, are they. In fact, the labels have almost started a rivalry as to how much Goldsmith they can release each.

I have noted that too. We shouldn't complain but Goldsmith releases just keep coming and coming and they seem to release and re-release more of his music than anything else. :P

But I guess it is a chance for everyone who would like to own a copy of his fan favourites to get them. And they still sell out.

Yes also I have fond memories of the seeing the film back in the early 1990's. It must have been my first conscious exposure to John Williams' music even though JP turned into a fan. I can still remember the "Show the Hook! Give us the Hook!" chanting in the Presenting the Hook sequence with his march that caught my ear even back then.

Yes also I have fond memories of the seeing the film back in the early 1990's. It must have been my first conscious exposure to John Williams' music even though JP turned into a fan. I can still remember the "Show the Hook! Give us the Hook!" chanting in the Presenting the Hook sequence with his march that caught my ear even back then.

How long were your analysises back then? Were they as long as they are now?

If I recall correctly the depth of the analyses was back then either "Hate it" or "Love it". I have gotten a bit long winded after that I'm afraid.

• 2 weeks later...

Hook was released in Uk yesterday, and the first reviews say about great picture and audio quality!!

sweet jesus, I'm importing. I don't want to wait a month.