War Horse SOUNDTRACK Anticipation thread (Pre-order sites, cover art, release date information, etc)

TownerFan

A promising first impression. Although I could not have for the life of me (I am of course looking through the rosy coloured JW glasses) spot Williams going all POTC on the track No Man's Land.

Spielberg seems to have told the old man that his busy stuff doesn't cut it anymore. Now Williams has learned what Goldsmith had to learn in the late 80's: fix your keys! :biglaugh:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure we will get our money's worth of bold thematic statements on the album despite there not being a track called War Horse reprising the central idea from the trailer.

At least, there was no Picking Pockets situation with War Horse... Well, at least for now...

I believe there was an original ending to the movie which called for a track named Making Glue to be removed from the OST.

Can anyone tell this guy that it's "The Adventures of Tintin" ? It's not TinTin, with a capital T in the middle of his name. It's one word. Capital T, small i, small n, small t, small i, small n.

And yes, those reviews are turning the wait into agony...

No Man's Land sounds like a Horner cue or something.

Yes, I agree ;).

Pirates of the Caribbean? Really?

Yes, it was my first thought ;).

Great track by the way.

And yes, it's a great cue ;).

Matthew Lucas?

For one moment i though G. Lucas' son could be redeemed...

Nah. The only way he could do that is by hurling daddy into a reactor shaft.

Can anyone tell this guy that it's "De Avonturen van Kuifje" ? It's not Tintin, the stupid English version. It's Dutch. Capital K, small u, small i, small f, small j, small e.

Matthew Lucas?

For one moment i though G. Lucas' son could be redeemed...

Nah. The only way he could do that is by hurling daddy into a reactor shaft.

Saying Noooo NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! along the way.

Ironically sweet.

I'm really excited for the

But it's like that throughout. It's a JOHN WILLIAMS SCORE through and through - every note is just so Williams. But it never sounds like any specific existing score... its so fresh. It's somehow the best of Williams while being fresh at the same time... a remarkable achievement.

I am extremely excited for this score and I've already guessed long ago that this would surpass even Tintin. I loved the 3 tracks on WQXR. Based on those tracks, I'm hearing a lot Ralph Vaughan Williams' sound. Not that that's bad or anything, I love his style and I believe this score will pay great homage to the composer. I honestly can't wait for this score!

- KK

Wow, WH at amazon.com is such a bargain! Only $12,99 USD, which translates to 9,40 Euro!

:blink:

Of course, you have to add in the shipping costs, but it's still a fantastic deal! In the EU, no major new album is sold under 16 Euros ($22 USD), I think.

http://www.amazon.co...20485455&sr=1-1

Wow, WH at amazon.com is such a bargain! Only $12,99 USD, which translates to 9,40 Euro!

Btw, that's 8,10 GBP! :)

I would say it's a no-brainer. Let's celebrate the downfall of dollar! :P

Karol

What do we celebrate? That everything over here is so damn expensive? :lol:

Add douane and shipping costs to that and it's more expensive than the British version.

Hmm? I never had to pay any 'douane' costs on my US ordered CD's and I've got about 60 of them here...

At JWFan you do not pay a light penalty for a small mistake. The humiliation keeps coming. Keeps you in your place.

I am fairly sure this review has not been previously posted. It is positive, though irritating. http://www.reviewgra..._war-horse.html

Yes the reviewer is more interested in telling us that he has lived near where the film was shot and how his wife might have seen Spielberg on his way to the movie set. I do not know if this was his personal reminiscence of how he might be spiritually connected to the War Horse film production or a soundtrack review.

This is also a nice review: http://scoretracknew...-trilha-sonora/

Use Google translate or something to read it.

CAUTION: Contains track titles!

A nice and praising (with good cause) Portguese review. :)

.....That review was wierd from "This score sounds phoned in" to "it's not even in his top ten" to "This is an incredibly beautiful score and is well worth adding to your soundtrack collection."

Yes the contradiction of those remarks in interesting. It is half-baked score but extremely good is what he is saying, giving it 9/10.

Another positive review (do we really need to be more convinced of the brilliance of War Horse?) in French:

http://www.underscores.fr/index.php/2011/11/chroniques-express-john-williams-war-horse-sony/

In short, it says it's nothing groundbreaking, simply a new masterpiece (in a literally sense) of John Williams.

Well well...

Another positive review (do we really need to be more convinced of the brilliance of War Horse?) in French:

http://www.underscor...war-horse-sony/

In short, it says it's nothing groundbreaking, simply a new masterpiece (in a literally sense) of John Williams.

Well well...

Well, I guess it would be hard to be groundbreaking, when your John Williams and you turn out such tremendous quality every single time.