The Adventures of Tintin: Tracklist revealed!

Jay

1. The Adventures of Tintin

2. Snowy's Theme

3. The Secret of the Scrolls

4. Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase

5. Marlinspike Hall

6. Escape from the Karaboudjan

7. Sir Francis and the Unicorn

8. Captain Haddock Takes the Oars

9. Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure

10. Capturing Mr. Silk

11. The Flight to Bagghar

12. The Milanese Nightingale

13. Presenting Bianca Castafiore

14. The Pursuit of the Falcon

15. The Captain's Counsel

16. The Clash of the Cranes

17. The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale

18. The Adventure Continues

Source: http://www.treffpunk...i-p-699772.html

UPDATE: Track times now available as well. See here.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Picking Pockets is the only track that FSM user got wrong. Could this be a sort of I Am the Senate situation? Hence the 18 tracks instead of the previously reported 19?

I guess either:

1. The FSM user had inside info, and Picking Pockets was indeed going to be included but was later dropped

or

2. This German website has it wrong, and accidentally left out PIcking Pockets when putting the info on the website... but the track really will be there on the OST.

Unless, of course, Picking Pockets has been changed to a Target-only bonus track :)

So Picking Pockets is the only track that FSM user got wrong. Could this be a sort of I Am the Senate situation? Hence the 18 tracks instead of the previously reported 19?

that's my guess

The Adventure Continues = Edit of Track 1,2 and others with maybe a new intro and transitionnal sections

I see a track actually called Finale is reassuring...I hope it's complete

Here's my rough guess at chronological order. For the list I'm including Picking Pockets, therefore making tracks 2-18 above be 3-19

02 Picking Pockets

05 Introducing The Thompsons and Snowy's Chase

06 Marlinspike Hall

04 The Secret Of The Scrolls

11 Capturing Mr. Silk

07 Escape From The Karaboudjan

09 Captain Haddock Takes The Oars

12 The Flight to Bagghar

08 Sir Francis And The Unicorn

13 The Milanese Nightingale

14 Presenting Bianca Castafiore

15 The Pursuit Of The Falcon

16 The Captain's Counsel

17 The Clash Of The Cranes

10 Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure

18 Return To Marlinspike Hall and Finale

19 The Adventure Continues

01 The Adventures Of Tintin

03 Snowy's Theme

Of course I'm sure multiple tracks will include cues from different parts of the movie smooshed together

It's hard to guess the order of things based on knowledge of the comics.

SPOILER ALERT! Major plot details from the comics that may or may not be in the movie revealed below!

-Silk is a minor character who is the one behind the pickpocketing that happens in the beginning of "The Secret Of The Unicorn" comic, and he gets caught at the end they defeat the Bird Brothers (who aren't in the film) at Marlinspike Hall. For him to get a whole track named after him seems crazy, unless they seriously embellished his role in the movie. But when do they capture Silk in the movie... towards the beginning, I guess? Before boarding the Karaboudjian?

-OK, "Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure. When the heck did Red Rackham curse anyone? And the music for when they get the treasure should be in "Return To Marlinspike Hall and Finale", I would have to assume. So maybe this is the music for Haddock recounting the tale of Francis vs Rackham aboard The Umicorn?

The track list looks promising indeed. :)

Capturing Mr. Silk could easily be the Picking Pockets track just with a different name.

Castafiore seems to have 2 tracks dedicated to her in one way or the other:

The Milanese Nightingale

Presenting Bianca Castafiore

I wonder how she figures into the story since none of the three comics on which the film is based on does not feature her.

Capturing Mr. Silk could easily be the Picking Pockets track just with a different name.

Yea, but the FSM user also said the OST would have 19 tracks...

I'm thinking (comic spoilers!)

Picking Pockets is the music for the very beginning of the movie - Tintin walking by the mirrors, finding The Unicorn model, and includes the crowd panicking about pickpocketers, etc.

While Capturing Mr. Silk must be some new scene they invented where they have to capture him in a more elaborate way than in the comics.

I think the track list proves that the FSM poster was right .It' more likely the changed the c.d. and reduced the amount of music

I don;t think anyone doubts I Am the Senate" was supposed to be on the RotS OST, even if it was just based on a small slight slip up like we have here

Yeah well I doubt that, it would mean all the other track titles have the wrong track number

Well its an HTML Ordered List on the website, meaning the data enterer didn't necessarily have to type in the track numbers. It seriously could happen very easily.

1)Some tracks may have vocal (Castafiore songs) in them

2)Picking Pockets was to be included but isn't

3)The Adventure Continues is likely a long edit of previous tracks like Mischief Managed

This looks fantastic! Can't wait.

The key words are all there: CHASE, ESCAPE, PURSUIT, CLASH, FLIGHT. This is gonna be great.

Is it just me, or did JW maybe have "Hook" in his mind when he wrote it?

I mean, "the flight to...." and "presenting..." :)

(Btw, I've decided not to read KM's posts anymore. I don't want his negativity to ruin the score for me...)

It's really my best guess based on previous Williams OST's

I'm not saying we won't have a decent amount of music, and if the score is short less unreleased music than usual

The final track The Adventure Continues is probably the End Credits suite. I can just see Tintin's theme, Snowy's theme and perhaps a possible Red Rackham theme making appearances. :)

The name of the track makes you wonder if the end of the plot of the first movie will directly connect to the next film or is that just a general reference of Tintin going on next adventure as is his wont.

The titles remind me a bit of HOOK and a bit of HARRY POTTER ("Introducing...").

My guess is we have around 70 minutes of music.

I thought most of the tracks on the PoA album were somehow a bit too short, this time we'll have slightly longer tracks.

The name of the track makes you wonder if the end of the plot of the first movie will directly connect to the next film or is that just a general reference of Tintin going on next adventure as is his wont.

Yes, one could assume that the title is saying "to be continued". And if so, it's saying a bit too much. Which is probably why it's slightly sub rosa.

OK, what is a cue from Star Wars doing up here?

-OK, "Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure. When the heck did Red Rackham curse anyone?

I don't think it means he cursed someone, rather that he is cursed. Now, please, don't ask: "When the heck did someone curse Red Rackham?".

Isn't that the

OK, what is a cue from Star Wars doing up here?

I think that is the scene where Tintin goes gliding down the cable on the motorcycle handlebar...

Or Mischief Managed!

But I don't much care whether it's a hybrid or not, I just want the main themes and main action tracks to be good, fun, spectacular.

Then they can do with the End Credits what they want!

Looks like they took, unsurprisingly, some liberties with the plots of the three comics.

What is the Falcon? I can't remember anything refering to a falcon in the comic books.

No we already have Return to Moulinsart and Finale, That's the end part of the film (and hopefully there not a big chunk of that missing)

The Adventure Continues will be a Mischief Managed type of track

Well, it's the concert versions edited together, but in the movie, we hear the concert versions for the first time in the end credits. So whether it's edited or not doesn't really both me.

What bothers me (slightly) is when we have Theme A, B, and C on the OS album, and in the last track (the end credits) we hear the same recordings of A, B, and C.

But again, if the themes are really good and fun, that doesn't bother me overmuch either.

What bothers me (slightly) is when we have Theme A, B, and C on the OS album, and in the end credits we hear the same recordings of A, B, and C in the last track.

Well exactly, but to me this is a big issue .You can call me negative all you want but it's been pissing me off since TPM

If concert works are meant for End Credits they should put them there on the album and only there

KOTCS was somewhat a return to the old End Credits suite style since all the performances of the themes were new (Irina's theme in part) and the transitions, though a bit clunky at times, were actually written between the themes.

It could be a hybrid Re-hash like KotCS End Credits

KOTCS End Credits suite is probably the closest thing Williams has done recently to his 70s/80s end credits suites. He even composed some amazing transitional material nowhere to be found in the rest of the score (the PoA-like flute solo and the extended Russian motif)

Williams always takes the time to compose an original piece for the end credits roll. The fact that the CD then labels it in a kind of "concert suite" (i.e. "Theme from... etc") is another matter.

My bet is that "Adventures of Tintin" and "Snowy's Theme" are specifically expanded concert arrangements, while "The Adventure Continues" will be the actual end credits suite, very much like in his classic scores like TESB or ROTJ.

The track list looks good! It seems we'll have a lot of action material.

What bothers me (slightly) is when we have Theme A, B, and C on the OS album, and in the end credits we hear the same recordings of A, B, and C in the last track.

Well exactly, but to me this is a big issue .You can call me negative all you want but it's been pissing me off since TPM

If concert works are meant for End Credits they should put them there on the album and only there

Well, to each his own, but I gotta say, you seem to care a LOT more about such things than about how the themes themselves are.

I am more interested in the themes, and if they are good or even great or fantastic, I can forgive a lot.

Williams always takes the time to compose an original piece for the end credits roll. The fact that the CD then labels it in a kind of "concert suite" (i.e. "Theme from... etc") is another matter.

Correct me if I am wrong, but JW didn't write that specifically for the End Credits. It was already in the score proper, and Williams just included it in the End Credits. (I am talking about the Russian motif you mentioned.)

No, I care about how good the themes are and music proper VERY much. That's why I don't want cues repeated twice on the album using up space they could have used for other cues

Right now I'm just making observations on the possible album assembly based on this track list

Yes, that's true about KotCS. I'm just tired of hearing the Raider March again

There is no pleasing you. :lol:

I am completely happy with the track list. Looks like a very cool and adventure filled score and movie. I am not ready to judge the end credits before we hear them.

Williams is probably one of the last few composers who actually writes concert suites and presents them on the album. The reprise style of presentation sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Mostly I would prefer another and different take on the material instead of just repeating the same performance twice on the album.

I am completely happy with the track list. Looks like a very cool and adventure filled score and movie. I am not ready to judge the end credits before we hear them.

I can only say: CHASE, ESCAPE, PURSUIT, CLASH, FLIGHT.

There's GOTTA be some mind-blowingly good cues among them. :groupwave: