The Adventures of Tintin: Tracklist revealed!

Jay

Yes, that's true about KotCS. I'm just tired of hearing the Raider March again

There is no pleasing you. :lol:

At least I'm not saying the KotCS score is garbage, like many on this board do

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I care about how good the themes are and music proper VERY much. That's why I don't want cues repeated twice on the album using up space they could have used for other cues

Well, the consolation for me is this:

If enough music (say over 30 minutes) is missing, we can be pretty sure that there will be an Expanded Edition sometime in the future. So not all hope is lost.

It's not garbage. It just lacks that certain spark that the other 3 Indy scores have.

Yes. But I've been listening to it a lot lately, and I am really getting into "Irina's Theme."

What a gorgeous, sensual, and slightly dangerous theme. Especially toward the middle and end.

If enough music (say over 30 minutes) is missing, we can be pretty sure that there will be an Expanded Edition sometime in the future. So not all hope is lost.

Your joking right?

But seriously, I am really trying to focus on the music we get here. I hope it's good. That's all I care about really. After all, if the music is forgettable, who cares what will be on the End Credits or not?

Well. if the film is 100 minutes and we get a 70+ minute CD we should definitely get the bulk of it.

I would rather not see a 10+ minute final track with repeated material though. I always stop Mischief Managed after about 3 minutes.

That's where Ricard is right now right?

Yes, that's why he was so mad when Jack stopped paying the bills. He was almost deleted as an entity.

Well. if the film is 100 minutes and we get a 70+ minute CD we should definitely get the bulk of it.

I would rather not see a 10+ minute final track with repeated material though. I always stop Mischief Managed after about 3 minutes.

Yeah I tend to do the same. No reason to listen to exact same renditions of the music you just heard at the beginning of the album. One of the worst soundtrack album production decisions in a long while from JW.

Seriously I think it will be pretty good music. Can't judge much by the 30 seconds we have

Sometimes a trailer can give you a really good idea about the nature of the score (War Horse does, and the first and third Potter films definitely did). But Tintin has given us a few snippets, buried un sound effects.

Yeah I tend to do the same. No reason to listen to exact same renditions of the music you just heard at the beginning of the album. One of the worst soundtrack album production decisions in a long while from JW.

And back to that again.

Oh yeah, that reminds me... we still don't have the running time of the movie, right?

I'd say anything from 90 to 120 minutes is possible...

Didn't Jason say it was 100 minutes?

Which seems short for a movie based on 3 books and is produced by Peter Jackson.

In fact, rumor has it that audiomachine is rescoring significant parts of the movie as we speak.

Rumor started by you! How could you Josh!???

And back to that again.

Well yes I can honestly say that editing decision did not make me happy.

That said and moving on I have nothing bad to say about the upcoming Tintin score Josh. The tracks like The Adventures of Tintin, Snowy's Theme, The Secret of the Scrolls promise to be very good classic JW material.

Didn't I already mention that?

Must have removed it to tone down my negativity

Castafiore is supposed to sound false and ear piercing right? I can see a quote of a high pitch "Air Des Bijoux" popping up suddenly in the middle on an orchestral underscore cue, a bit like the jarring techno in Moon rising

Oh yeah, that reminds me... we still don't have the running time of the movie, right?

Which seems short for a movie based on 3 books and is produced by Peter Jackson.

Bah! Calculus isn't in the film, even though he is in the books, whereas the Castafiore is in the film even though she isn't in the books. I don't know if the film will be good or not, but as an adaptation, it looks like it's been fucked up. I won't be surprised if the Castafiore comes up with the shark submarine idea...

I'm confident Jackson's sequel will be no less than 3 hours in its theatrical version, and 4H30 in its extended edition.

Have faith in Moffat!

To Jason:

Are you already able to determine the corresponding original manuscript titles of this official track list? I'd love to know how Williams labeled them originally :)

Jason has long ago decided not to leak anything substantial regarding the Tintin score. His reasoning remain unclear.

I suspect it is so that every time he give an oblique reference to being in possession of the sheet music, he gets a slight erectile lift in his groin, which pleases him.

I'm confident Jackson's sequel will be no less than 3 hours in its theatrical version, and 4H30 in its extended edition.

I can actually see Jackson directing Balls/Sun. Longer. Virtual helicopeter shots of the characters through the mountains. Changing the beginning to introduce Calculus because he wasn't introduced before and the ending because even Hergé complained about it. Shore's Middle-Earth sound for mummiers and curses and temples :lol:

So anybody wanna start speculating whether JW will score the 2nd and/or 3rd movies? :P

If Spielberg and Jackson co-direct the 3rd, I am pretty sure JW will be on board again (if he still hasn't retired).

Then Zimmer for the third one.

I can't wait to hear He's A Tintin from Zimmer for the 3rd instalment.

The tracklist looks good. No reason yet to be glum or disappointed (I'm talking to you Jason and KM)

What the hell are you talking about? I've said nothing negative about Tintin in this or any other thread! I'm extremely excited about both the film and the score!

What the hell are you talking about? I'm completely cheerful in all things Tintin related. The score and film will be great!