Warner Brothers wants Spielberg to direct Moses epic

Muad'Dib

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roald. We wont get a traditional biblical epic out of it.

Still; Spielberg might want an epic score hence the word 'possibilities'. I don't see Spielberg taking this material into totally unconventional territory anyway. It may be more realistic and serious than any Moses film before, but I don't think Spielberg wants to turn the source material into something controversial. Not his style.

I suspect Interstellar is a now-dead project.

I read an interview with Kip Thorne not long ago and he said they were writing it. I think he said the script contained stuff about black holes and neutron stars.

I don't know. I've been waiting for this film since I was a kid. It would be a shame if it never happens.

What're you, 10 years old?

If they make it I hope they make it some inspiring fresh new fantasy film. Not another black and white slow motion drama war movie.

Williams scores have been very good with this kind of fairy-tale figures like E.T. and Superman. Personally I hope

this film never will be made. It would also be difficult to debate here in the forum due to the religious and political issues.

I hope this film will be made for the sake of the score's possibilities (as Roald pointed out). We've never heard Williams tackle a biblical epic before and this might be his only chance!

I hope this film will be made for the sake of the score's possibilities (as Roald pointed out). We've never heard Williams tackle a biblical epic before and this might be his only chance!

But it will be made in today's ultrarealistic drama style. Lots of greenish-gray photography, lots of blood and violence. It won't be Ben Hur style storytelling. I don;t want to see this movie.

But it will be made in today's ultrarealistic drama style. Lots of greenish-gray photography, lots of blood and violence. It won't be Ben Hur style storytelling. I don;t want to see this movie.

It's good to be among people who seem to have such a clear grasp on exactly how a movie is going to turn out years before completion. ;)

It's good to be among people who seem to have such a clear grasp on exactly how a movie is going to turn out years before completion. ;)

Well it's a guess of course, but taken the current trend in fimmaking you can't expect a return to the 50-ies suddenly.

What do we know about this project anyway? War Horse for instance, which I haven't seen, seems as traditional as they come

Well it's a guess of course, but taken the current trend in fimmaking you can't expect a return to the 50-ies suddenly.

Who ever said or implied this movie was going to be made as a '50's movie'..? Of course it won't be. But to take it to another extreme, assuming it will be some hyper-modern film, is a bit narrow minded to me. Spielberg will probably end up somewhere in the middle, especially taking into account his respect for the source material. He will never go all 'Last Temptation Of Christ' with this. The pseudo-press release mentioned Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan: both violent and gritty films, yet fairly academic and traditional in scope and storytelling. Nothing we know so far rules out an epic, gorgeous score.

The pseudo-press release mentioned Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan: both violent and gritty films, yet fairly academic and traditional in scope and storytelling. Nothing we know so far rules out an epic, gorgeous score.

Well that sounds ok for me but first see then believe it.

The pseudo-press release mentioned Braveheart and Saving Private Ryan: both violent and gritty films, yet fairly academic and traditional in scope and storytelling. Nothing we know so far rules out an epic, gorgeous score.

Well that sounds ok for me but first see then believe it.

Agree. ;)

• 1 year later...

As usual...

Robocopalypse and this would have been great for Williams

We'll have another historical movie with subdued score

Look on the bright side. Ang Lee might work again with Mychael Danna who could compose an ethnically authentic historical score and win another Oscar for it. ;)

Look on the bright side. Ang Lee might work again with Mychael Danna who could compose an ethnically authentic historical score and win another Oscar for it. ;)

Yeah, yey for Danna...

And then Pasi will be here to call it a piece of shit ;)