Which Tintin track list is real?

Jay

Which Tintin track list is real?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tintin track list is real?

• The 19 track version will be used everywhere
    • The 18 track version will be used everywhere
    • Some countries will get the 19 track version and some will get the 18 track version

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the source who gave me the track times, there is only one version being released in all of the EU, and its the 18 track version. The bar code # is 886979758827.

The 19 track version is an earlier, unfinalized work-in-progress tracklist that Sony Classical's PR could have sent to some online shops by mistake.

He doesn't know if the American CD will be the same as the EU CD or not.

I just had a thought! What if, because Sony Classical knows that a lot of Americans will be downloading or importing the EU version in the 2 months before the OST is released here, they decided to make the EU version be 18 tracks, and will give the American version an extra 19th track as an incentive for us to buy the American version as well!!

I just had a thought! Jason could finally make himself useful with all his connections by ordering his source to make sure Picking Pockets is released at least in the US! Tell him it's that, or JWFan boycots this release!

;)

That is the problem with The Internet sometimes. You know too much.

We are already disappointed about the CD release before is has even been released.

Very true. He who addeth knowledge, addeth pain.

That is the problem with The Internet sometimes. You know too much.

We are already disappointed about the CD release before is has even been released.

Very true. He who addeth knowledge, addeth pain.

I am not disappointed. I can't wait to hold the actual CD in my hands... :drool: Always look at the bright side!

That said, I have this feeling nobody would have talked about "Picking Pockets" if it had been on the album (it was dropped, after all, so it probably wasn't a major cue), but now that it's not included, it suddenly becomes the holiest of holy grails...

I just had a thought! What if, because Sony Classical knows that a lot of Americans will be downloading or importing the EU version in the 2 months before the OST is released here, they decided to make the EU version be 18 tracks, and will give the American version an extra 19th track as an incentive for us to buy the American version as well!!

Good one! :lol:

That would be a first.

According to the source who gave me the track times, there is only one version being released in all of the EU, and its the 18 track version. The bar code # is 886979758827.

The 19 track version is an earlier, unfinalized work-in-progress tracklist that Sony Classical's PR could have sent to some online shops by mistake.

He doesn't know if the American CD will be the same as the EU CD or not.

And what about the last track? Which is the correct name?

Just my take on it: on Williams' score sheet, the title is quite similar to "The Adventure Continues" as it includes the word "Continued".

I think the executives at Sony felt this particular title could be somewhat confusing, especially taking into account that there must be millions of people unaware of the fact that there are planned sequels. So they asked Williams to change this title and thus "A Thirst For Adventure" was born.

If this is true it means the 19 selection-tracklist - including Picking Pockets - is the right one after all.

It would be somewhat strange to go from ".... Continued" to "A Thirst For Adventure" and then back to " ... Continues" again...

But yeah... Stranger things have happened...

I think there's a higher chances of the sessions leaking than some other Williams scores. It's not connected to Lucasfilm, and it's not Indy or Potter so maybe hoarders will not care as much

I think there's a higher chances of the sessions leaking than some other Williams scores. It's not connected to Lucasfilm, and it's not Indy or Potter so maybe hoarders will not care as much

I think film music fans are the only fandom in the world to think of such things even before the CD comes out. :lol:

The ignorance would have been bliss here and in the I Am the Senate's case. The idea that something was originally on the CD track list and is then whisked away as the composer changed his mind is frustrating since there is no such thing as too much music on a JW CD for many of us.

As it has been stated several times the modern information flood is a mixed blessing. It enables us to get information on most things well in advance but also conditions us to expect that to be the norm. And once in a while the preliminary information passed on by people in e.g. music business is indeed a work-in-progress draft. We hail it as reliable and good information only to later find out that it is not going to be the final product.

In the Tintin OSTs case it is doubly irritating as they have sent two competing versions of the tracklist with no concrete way of proving either to be the final version since both have an equally reliable source, even the same company (Amazon). It is only through contacts in the business itself we can have a confirmation of this information which of course should not be the case if we strife to maintain a good and efficient information society where the correct info is available to all.

And also with the pessimistic logic based on knowing that Williams likes to present less music on the OST we can rule out the extra 19th track. ;)

And remember folks! A pessimist will never be disappointed!

The tendency in the modern age is to make the OST as long as possible and include bonus tracks left and right

With Williams OSTs things remain the same, including as little as possible for real film music fans , but just enough to sell the c.d. to the casual buyer

My only worry is that being in the periphery of civilized world I am damned if I do order since it will take a week to arrive from Amazon.uk and damn if I don't if the CD won't arrive in stores in here on time, which is very likely.

Another curious aspect of the Tintin OST is that it is not listed as a John Williams album but as Various Artists album on every site. Another PR oversight I am sure.

The tendency in the modern age is to make the OST as long as possible and include bonus tracks left and right

With Williams OSTs things remain the same, including as little as possible for real film music fans , but just enough to sell the c.d. to the casual buyer

Indeed. I say he's picking our pockets!

My only worry is that being in the periphery of civilized world I am damned if I do order since it will take a week to arrive from Amazon.uk and damn if I don't if the CD won't arrive in stores in here on time, which is very likely.

Another curious aspect of the Tintin OST is that it is not listed as a John Williams album but as Various Artists album on every site. Another PR oversight I am sure.

I think that's because the Castafiore tracks have Renée Fleming vocals.

Yes that is a possibility but that it is very odd since many JW score albums have had source music and songs on them and the OSTs have still been marketed under his name.

I don't know what is more annoying. The fact that the track was dropped or this:

I have this feeling nobody would have talked about "Picking Pockets" if it had been on the album (it was dropped, after all, so it probably wasn't a major cue), but now that it's not included, it suddenly becomes the holiest of holy grails...

Now 50% of the discussion here after the score is released will focus on "Picking Pockets" and how we don't have it... :rolleyes:

I don't know what is more annoying. The fact that the track was dropped or this:

I have this feeling nobody would have talked about "Picking Pockets" if it had been on the album (it was dropped, after all, so it probably wasn't a major cue), but now that it's not included, it suddenly becomes the holiest of holy grails...

Now 50% of the discussion here after the score is released will focus on "Picking Pockets" and how we don't have it... :rolleyes:

Of course! After all this is JWFan.

And again:

I don't hope that it sucks, but I know that probably it's not a major cue in the movie...

Picking Pockets will most likely be part of a short subplot if Spielberg and Jackson have stayed faithful to the comic books.

And I would love to hear something along the lines of Adventures of Mutt in this film. I am in the minority that loves that theme and collection of musical and instrumental ideas.

:lol:

I can see it: everyone of us is sitting in the theater, watching out for the notorious "pick pocketing scene," and then our jaws drop because the cue is so mind-blowingly original and awesome and catchy... something Johnny has never done before...

:lol:

I can see it: everyone of us is sitting in the theater, watching out for the notorious "pick pocketing scene," and then our jaws drop because the cue is so mind-blowingly original and awesome and catchy... something Johnny has never done before...

Isn't that the way you normally watch movies, with clenched teeth, on the edge of your seat, fearing every second for awesome unreleased music to appear.

Well, I will focus on the 18 tracks we will be getting, and not the 1 track we won't...

:)

I think there'll be more than that. At least 40, plus alternates, the trailers music, and The Children's Suite cues.

Wait, I think I'm mixing it up with another score

Yeah...

We really should look on the bright side of things. Perhaps the sessions will leak. ;)

And I would love to hear something in the lines of Adventures of Mutt in this film. I am in the minority that loves that theme and collection of musical and instrumental ideas.

I don't hate this theme, but after 3 years I still can't get into it...

Just when I think I am starting to like it, the music goes in a completely new direction.

Picking Pockets will most likely be part of a short subplot if Spielberg and Jackson have stayed faithful to the comic books.

:lol2:

That subplot is in the trailers and pictures.

It is just a matter of how have they dealt with it. Is it tied to the main plot or is it just a short episode that is solved before or after the main action.

I was laughing at the "Spielberg and Jackson staying faithful to the story" thing, not at the Silk subplot being included (or not ;)) the film.

I am sure they have done everything in their power that no true fan of Tintin comics will enjoy the film.

I understand your worry since you love the comics and are an ardent fan. Adaptation is a tricky business and Spielberg and Jackson might have cut a few rough edges to make these 2 stories compatible. The Crab with the Golden Claws has to be somehow adapted so that the Unicorn story is somehow tied to the action in that one. Meeting captain Haddock is certainly the main point in the Crab with the Golden Claws but it will be interesting to see what connection they have made between it and the Unicorn story.

I'm going to say that the reason Crab was used was that Spielberg liked the central set pieces and thought they would look cool in the film.

Yeap. That and Haddock's introduction.

And I would love to hear something along the lines of Adventures of Mutt in this film. I am in the minority that loves that theme and collection of musical and instrumental ideas.

You're not alone, pal. I love "The Adventures of Mutt" too.