Which Tintin track list is real?

Jay

Which Tintin track list is real?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which Tintin track list is real?

• The 19 track version will be used everywhere
    • The 18 track version will be used everywhere
    • Some countries will get the 19 track version and some will get the 18 track version

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Adventures of Mutt" is a personal favorite of mine, and one of the most dauntingly complex motivic work-outs of Williams' entire career. It relates to the "Raiders March" much in the same way "Anskin's Theme" relates to "The Imperial March"; it is simply a marvelous and ingenious way of depicting "musical genealogy".

Well now the 19 track version is winning 6-3, or 2-1. Sony really screwed up here!

Unless my source is wrong and the 19 track version is the final one, and the 18 track one was the aborted original.

It is a silly oversight but every other site has Tintin spelled Tin Tin. :lol:

One has to wonder where these sites get their information.

It's called "a dramatic pause". ;)

Karol

I wonder if Sony's PR department invented that out of sheer ignorance.

It's called "a dramatic pause". ;)

Karol

:lol:

Hmmm why are you still keeping track of these obscure sites? I thought it was established now that we'll only get 18 tracks...

Or am I mistaken? :drool:

Well, the source who gave me the track times confirmed that we are ONLY getting the 18 track version, yes. But I still think its interesting to show all the sites that list 19 tracks.

If anything, it brings more attention to it, and could possibly get Sony Masterworks to include Picking Pockets on the US release. Thin chance I know, but hey, its something.

Hmmm, yes. This is indeed interesting . . . and also a bit puzzling. These sites keep us hoping. You'd think amazon would know 3 weeks before its release. I mean, come on!

If the US release should indeed have 1 extra track, I wonder how many of us will get the actual American album as well, rather than downloading just the 1 track.

I have been wondering about this "radio silence" concerning this release in the media. Absolutely nothing, no interviews, no press releases, no promotion. They might be gearing up for the US release, leaving dear old Europe and rest of the world to wait until America decides to take interest. :P

OK, I am starting to think that we'll be getting the 19 track version, after all.

Maybe your source made the mistake. Hey, that's not impossible, right? Right? ;)

It could be that the "Picking Pockets" track was the one that was recorded in the pick-up sessions and added very late to the album, hence the mix-up.

Sounds crazy, no?

Well, at least it keeps us busy.

Karol - who took some time off work, because he had to refresh webpages all the time for the past 4 weeks in search for Tintin samples

Well, at least it keeps us busy.

Karol - who took some time off work, because he had to refresh webpages all the time for the past 4 weeks in search for Tintin samples

I just emailed Sony Classical and asked them when the Tintin soundtrack will be released in the US and how many tracks it will contain.

Keep us posted!

Although I personally think you won't get an answer until the CD is already out... :P

You kidding? I'd be disappointed if, after all this confusion, we end up getting only 18 after all!

But then, I have reached a point where I don't care much one way or the other. The important thing is that we get at least 18 new tracks of wonderful JW music!

This whole situation has been so confusing that if we indeed get the 19 tracks version, I think I'd be disappointed. Truly disappointed.

Reverse psychology rarely works on record labels, even through internet.

I emailed Sony Masterworks too... And wrote on their Facebook wall...I don't expect to hear anything back.

Maybe I should try twitter...

Should we write them a snail mail letter just in case as well? Where are the legions of messenger owls when you need them? One would surely make through flak of guns installed at Sony PR department.

Well, it might be that they are still working on it, and nothing is definite yet.

Track numbers, cover art, etc.

But they will surely officially announce it in the next few days.

I sent a feedback e-mail to Sony requesting the 19-track version. I think we should all do the same - you never know they release the extra track as a download if there's a demand.

Today I asked my source at Sony Music Italy and he replied they still don't have any info about the CD...

That is what I call a classic answer to a film score query. ;)

"Cin Cin? No, we don't sell wines. Sorry."

Karol

It is amazing how the record companies distribute information so haphazardly that foreign branches often do not have a clue of soundtrack albums but since it is such a small niche market it is not wonder Britney Spears and the latest rapper or domestic pop artist are so much more important. But even if they are not interested you would expect them to find out the information for you since it is their company that is releasing the music. I would consider it part of my professional pride and customer service to find out these things and inform the public/person.