War Horse Original Soundtrack - Tracklist (Spoilers noted inside)

Jay

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been to Dartmoor. It's absolutely wonderful.

This seems to be similar to Far and Away's first track, "County Galway, June 1892"

Oh God I hope so.

BTW - Jason, really thank you for sharing the information you got on the board these past couple of months. Really appreciated. :)

This just in: it seems that this tracklist was not yet finalized, and the European release will drop the Dartmoor track. This leaves us with only 0 tracks. What's more, the last track will be a reprise of the first!

This just in: it seems that this tracklist was not yet finalized, and the European release will drop the Dartmoor track. This leaves us with only 0 tracks. What's more, the last track will be a reprise of the first!

It sounds like a great listening experience.

I will post each new track as I am sent them

I'm imagining some dark back room with a telegraph and each track being relayed one character at a time, days apart.

*first message*

*second message*
<full stop>

*third message*
<space>

*fourth message*
D

1. Dartmoor, 1912 (3:35)

Hmmmm.

I wonder whether this is gonna be the main theme, or a prologue kind of thing, or what.

I've been to Dartmoor. It's absolutely wonderful.

This seems to be similar to Far and Away's first track, "County Galway, June 1892"

Or maybe "Sierra Leone, 1839"? :P

OR "The Early Days, Massapequa, 1957." ;)

I think Dartmoor has to be good, just because every one of these tracks is fantastic!

Infallible logic my friend. Infallible.

Hey Jason, if any tracks include spoilers in them could you please tag them? I'd hate to see "The War Horse's Noble End" listed. Thanks!

:lol:

Wohoo! Another one! That's over 7 minutes combined with the track 1. :P

I wonder how long the OST is going to be.

Yeah cross over bonus track.

I imagine many Bothans died to bring us this information.

3 Picking Pockets (2:30)

Bwaahaha.

These Sony Classical guys really need to lay off the hard drugs. :lol:

2 The Auction (3:43)

Huh.

I can't even imagine what this is gonna sound like...

Has JW ever scored an auction before? Well, there was the Slave Auction in Amistad... and wasn't there also an auction scene in Far and Away?

Huh.

I can't even imagine what this is gonna sound like...

Has JW ever scored an auction before? Well, there was the Slave Auction in Amistad... and wasn't there also an auction scene in Far and Away?

:lol: Yes this is exactly the way to go when trying to imagine how JW scores his upcoming films? How did he do it before? How did he score his last hernia scene? What about the letter writing scenes in the movies in the last 20 years?

Do you not know that JW and his music are a serious thing? VERY SERIOUS! And note the lack of smileys, hence this is a serious post. I am being very serious.

Something with slight suspence followed by a sense of triumph and relief, use of the main theme for the horse and the boy as they meet each other for the first time.

Hey Jason, if any tracks include spoilers in them could you please tag them? I'd hate to see "The War Horse's Noble End" listed. Thanks!

LOL - if anyone thinks the movie will end with the horse still alive then I don't know what to tell you.

Honestly, if you want to avoid spoilers about the movie I'd probably recommend staying out of this thread entirely.... every track title tells you a little more about the movie.

Listening to the CD before you see the movie while knowing the titles means you might know what's about to happen if you recognize the music starting to play.

So Jason, have more Bothans died yet to bring us more track titles? ;)

Not yet.

I just wanted to be clear that the guy is only giving them to me one at a time, and I post here as soon as he does. This isn't the case where he's already sent me the whole list, and I'm only posting them here one at a time. I wouldn't do that.

Yeah I got that impression from your posts. But you can't blame us of not being excited about this stuff. These are exciting times and your contributions make it even more exciting! :)

Bah. Instead of revealing a new track title today, he's decided to reveal the number of tracks instead.

The War Horse OST will have 16 tracks.

I wouldn't be surprised we get a full track list from Amazon or some other retailer in less than 14 days

Yes. I expect there to be a 16 and 19 track track lists distributed evenly among different Amazon sites to keep us guessing. ;)

LOL - if anyone thinks the movie will end with the horse still alive then I don't know what to tell you.

I certainly didn't need to know that. Unless you're joking of course.

I don't know anything about War Horse! I haven't read the book or seen the play or read any spoilers about the movie whatsoever, I promise! I haven't heard any score other than what's in the first trailer, I don't have and haven't seen any sheet music, I don't know any cue titles. Other than the 2 already posted, I don't know any OST track titles.

I've just seen a lot of movies in my day and I assume the movie ends with the horse dying. That's 100% pure speculation. I promise!

I won't openly speculate any more though. Sorry!