What are your two favorite Tintin tracks so far?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What are your two favorite Tintin tracks so far?

• The Adventures of Tintin
    • Snowy's Theme
    • The Secret of the Scrolls
    • Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase
    • Marlinspike Hall
    • Escape from the Karaboudjan
    • Sir Francis and the Unicorn
    • Captain Haddock Takes the Oars
    • Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure
    • Capturing Mr. Silk
    • The Flight to Bagghar
    • The Milanese Nightingale
    • Presenting Bianca Castafiore
    • The Pursuit of the Falcon
    • The Captain's Counsel
    • The Clash of the Cranes
    • The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale
    • The Adventure Continues
    • Picking Pockets

Max. 4 possibilities people.

For me, that would be:

The Adventures of Tintin

Escape from the Karaboudjan

The Captain's Counsel

The Clash of the Cranes

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, my two favorite samples from German website are The Milanese Nightingale and The Adventure Continues. Don't think any of us are qualified to rate entire tracks

"The Pursuit of the Falcon" and "The Adventure Continues."

Although I also like "Snowy's Theme," "The Milanese Nightingale, " and "The Flight to Bagghar."

Btw, "Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase" is really good too.

"Adventures of Tintin" and "Sir Francis and the Unicorn." The former because it sounds really fresh and new for JW, the latter because I'm most familiar with it from the trailers, so it has had time to grow on me.

Looks like people like piratey adventure music, as "Sir Francis and The Unicorn" and "The Adventure Continues" are currently winning the poll

Snowy's Theme and Escape from the Karaboudjan

I'm probably alone in that most of the score isn't doing much for me. Those cues are the most 'mainstream' sounding. They're also both f****g awesome :)

I've been waaaaayyy more looking forward to War Horse since the start.

Sir Francis and the Unicorn sounds awesome! And judging from the samples, Adventure Continues sounds really epic too.

Well I've only voted based on the amazing suites I've heard at Cinematic Sound and the samples :P

- KK

Sir Francis and the Unicorn and The Return to the Marlinspike Hall and Finale. The first one for the best pirating themes in long memory and the other for its excellent mix of themes and sense of drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are probably my least favourite tracks.

My favourites have become the last two tracks: Return to Marlinspike Hall & The Adventure Continues.

I really can't pick only two tracks. Every cue has something I really love about it. My random favourite tracks however are "The Adventures of Tintin", "Snowy's Theme", "Sir Francis and the Unicorn", "Flight to Bagghar", "Pursuit of the Falcon", "The Captain's Counsel" and "The Adventure Continues".

I really can't pick only two tracks. Every cue has something I really love about it. My random favourite tracks however are "The Adventures of Tintin", "Snowy's Theme", "Sir Francis and the Unicorn", "Flight to Bagghar", "Pursuit of the Falcon", "The Captain's Counsel" and "The Adventure Continues".

Yes.

Indeed, I find myself enjoying every single track (with the possible exception of the aria track), even the quieter ones like "Scrolls" and "Marlinspike." The only other OS album I can say that about with any conviction is Jurassic Park.

OK then. Four tracks.

The Secret of the Scrolls. It really gave me chills in the movie. Maybe it's that Irina-like saxophone. That's a grea track.

Sir Francis and the Unicorn. No-brainer.

The Pursuit of the Falcon. For all the enrgy and how it illustrates what's happening in the film.

The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale. I just like this track. Gives a nice resoultion to most of the material, especially Haddock's theme.

Karol

Snowy's theme (or Milou's theme as I prefer to call it) is my favorite. It's one the best themes JW has ever written, and it works so wonderfuly as a musical depiction of the canine hero (and he really is a joy to watch in the movie), as well as being a stunning stand alone musical composition that brings a smile to my face everytime. It incapsulates many of the great things about dogs.

My second favorite would Flight to Bagghar. Williams must really have had fun writing this one. Some absolutely wonderfuly statements of Haddock's theme, which, BTW, is an incredibly versatile theme

Four tracks:

The Pursuit of the Falcon

Snowy's Theme

The Flight to Bagghar

The Adventure Continues

These tracks are so good, they make me quite dizzy when I listen to them full-blast.

That's exactly the thing, Steef.

Manuel, Milou doesn't necessarily look realistic. He is cartoony and moves in a very charismatic fashion, not really animalistic. But the character has so much personality you don't even think about it