Brand New Tintin samples appear on Cinezik.org, Amazon and Qobuz

eitam

New samples have just appeared on the same page (http://www.cinezik.o...cret_de_licorne).

I thought I should keep this for me :sigh: .... But I don't feel like doing the analysis to find out which theme is which...

Admin note: New samples are also available on Amazon UK and Amazon Germany:

http://www.amazon.co...uct/B005VS9VII/

http://www.amazon.de...duct/B005VSLTJ2

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New samples have just appeared on the same page (http://www.cinezik.o...cret_de_licorne).

I thought I should keep this for me :sigh: .... But I don't feel like doing the analysis to find out which theme is which...

Awesome!!! Great to hear all this new music! But now there's no View Page Source trick :-(

And we don't get to hear the missing bars of The Adventure Continues! But hey, glad to get to hear more samples!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, these new samples are incredible, even better than the original ones!!!!!!!!!!!

(Apologies to eitam, the subject is mine)

I hear a new theme!! in Sir Francis and Clash of the Cranes!!

I love the tone of this score. And Haddock's theme. And the french-like moments combined with the mickey-mousing combined with the pirate music combined with the heroic moments combined with the jazzy moments etc

Da-da, da da daaa is definitely Tintin's theme.

And listen for the development in the Sir Frances sample of the Unicorn theme!!!

Well, listening more and more to the samples i think this is definitely better than Indy 4 score!

Of course the film too must offer the opportunites for someone to make various diverse cues, and Tintin does this.

This website did a wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better job at selecting which segment of the track to take 30 seconds from. Every one of these is terrific!!!!

Sounds excellent! And yes Jason as you said the choice of sample segments is much better. :)

And there is definitely an element of fun in the music, a certain feel that makes you think the composer had fun while writing it. The orchestrations practically glow in this one.

This is amazing! I definetly love what I'm hearing, and I imagine that Williams must have had so much fun doing this!

Two minor things: First, now I get what FilmComposer911 meant with the Hook ripoff, although I don't see it so much as a rip-off and more as a sort of auto-parody.

And second, The Adventures Continues!!!! It's amazing. I reminds me just a bit of the Force Theme, but on speed :lol:

Where? I don't hear it.

Captain Haddock Takes the Oars. It's very similar to Captain Hook's Theme.

I can't hear a very direct melodic connection. Perhaps the Hook/Smee theme's awkward gait is similar to Haddock's inebriated music.

It's funny - people think Haddock's Theme sounds like Hook in that sample, and like Home Alone in the "Capturing Mr. Silk" sample

I also like the rising statements of Tintin's theme in Escape from the Karaboudjan.

Yea, reminds me of Indiana Jones.

It's funny - people think Haddock's Theme sounds like Hook in that sample, and like Home Alone in the "Capturing Mr. Silk" sample

Home Alone and Hook are quite closely related sound wise so comparisons to both are not far fetched or surprising.

I also like the rising statements of Tintin's theme in Escape from the Karaboudjan.

Yea, reminds me of Indiana Jones.

Agreed. The heroic development sounded very satisfying and Indiana Jones. :)

It was nice to hear the Williams does quote the main theme on the Adventures of Tintin track which is only logical but the previous sample ousted the rendition of the main theme completely.

There is a definitely European vibe to the orchestration and instrumentation but it is very classic JW sound at the same time, the music brimming with dexterity, fun and heroics.

I'm sure I've probably missed it and it's been investigated and resolved here but why are the the track titles completely different on Amazon UK?

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B005KWAWJ2

That is the preliminary track list sent obviously as an oversight to many retailers before the final track list was locked. It seems Sony has not been too efficient correcting the error. The actual track list is 18 tracks long.

I'm not hearing a whole lot of "classic" Williams sound -- people were saying the same things in advance of Indy IV -- although I see where the Raiders comparisons are coming from.

I'm not hearing a whole lot of "classic" Williams sound -- people were saying the same things in advance of Indy IV -- although I see where the Raiders comparisons are coming from.

Depends on what you mean by classic. And please let's not go into it very deeply so as not to derail the discussion. ;)

I meant that it sounds mostly like the John Williams we know and love. In Tintin's case the music reminds me of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade a lot in its light hearted and adventurous tone.

I'm sure I've probably missed it and it's been investigated and resolved here but why are the the track titles completely different on Amazon UK?

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B005KWAWJ2

Quint, we have an entire thread about that very subject right here: http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20688

I can't listen to any of these till the morning, annoyingly. I'm in bed.

Oh right, because you have an ipad, which doesn't play Flash. LOL.

I can't listen to any of these till the morning, annoyingly. I'm in bed.

Don't you have earphones?

I do, but the logistics of getting them right now are enough of a hurdle to put me off till breakfast time ;)

Jason, you haven't heard of Skyfire, have you? It plays flash content.

LOL

Caution be damned.

This sounds terrific.

It's definitely "terrific" relative to pretty much anything else being written in Hollywood today, no question.

Faint praise but still praise. :)