JWFAN Presents: Exclusive Tintin samples!!!

Jay

Hey gang!

On the main page, we now have EXCLUSIVE SAMPLES from the Tintin OST!

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=446

Every single one is BRAND NEW, featuring music NOT HEARD in any of the existing samples!! Hear the Eye Of Bagghar Theme, a long version of Thomson and Thompson's Theme, and lots of new exciting action music and other stuff! Enjoy!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully people like the completely opera-free sample from "Presenting Bianca Castifiore",

I love the reprise of the opera music in "The Pursuit Of The Falcon"!

Very strong "Nimbus 2000" vibe in the "Flight To Bagghar" sample

And that ending to "The Adventure Continues"!!!!

"Presenting Bianca Castifiore"

Castafiore, mr Hancock, Castafiore.

I love the reprise of the opera music in "The Pursuit Of The Falcon"!

Hobby...

Aw that would have been a classic Williams cue name, 'The Pursuit of the Hobbie'

missed opportunity!

The ending to the Adventure continues is, indeed, perfect. williams's ability to surprise with an ending after giving us, what 200 of them after all these years, is absolutely remarkable. What a joyful spirit he must have.

Jason, I'm confused about some themes. Milou's, Tintin's, Haddock's and Dupond and Dupont's are very easy to associate. The first theme heard in Secret of the Scrolls is meant to represent the mistery associated with the Unicorn. The theme that is heard in the same clip starting at the 0:20 mark represents the Unicorn itself? Or is it the other way around? And in which clip can I hear the eye of Baghar theme?

Jason, I'm confused about some themes. Milou's, Tintin's, Haddock's and Dupond and Dupont's are very easy to associate. The first theme heard in Secret of the Scrolls is meant to represent the mistery associated with the Unicorn. The theme that is heard in the same clip starting at the 0:20 mark represents the Unicorn itself? Or is it the other way around? And in which clip can I hear the eye of Baghar theme?

The Eye of Bagghar Theme can be heard in the JWFan samples for "Escape From The Karaboudjan" and "Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure"

I think the Batman-like theme is the Unicorn theme, and the other is the theme of the model ships. I'm speculating here.

Until seeing the movie, there's really no way to tell specifically what each theme represents.... that's why I just called them the Unicorn Theme and the Unicorn B Theme for now

The samples get better every time! And yes, the ending to The Adventure Continues in incredible. I love the fact that it has a "classical" structure, with the repetitions and all. I find myself shaking my head to it! :lol:

And I assume the Eye of Beggar theme is the one heard in Red Rackham's Curse right? It sounds amazing, very TLC like!

The Eye of Bagghar Theme can be heard in the JWFan samples for "Escape From The Karaboudjan" and "Red Rackham's Curse and The Treasure"

I think the Eye of Bagghar theme also appears in one other Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure sample from Amazon site but with mysterious eerie orchestration. The melody is pretty much the same but not performed in as grandiose style as in the JWFan sample which really has that "establishing shot of exotic locale" type of feel. :)

And the melody for Unicorn (most likely) sounds like a very close cousin to Tintin's own heroic theme.

Snowy's theme is everywhere. Williams has sprinkled it all over the place. Which is nice. Such a playful little motif.

The samples get better every time! And yes, the ending to The Adventure Continues in incredible. I love the fact that it has a "classical" structure, with the repetitions and all. I find myself shaking my head to it! :lol:

hmmm.. As i had heard the other samples of this track, i thought it would have a spectacular end, like all hell breaks loose (e.g. like Witches of Eastwick theme)

Damn! I can't listen to them now at work...

But later.

Snowy's theme is everywhere. Williams has sprinkled it all over the place. Which is nice. Such a playful little motif.

I love this theme! :)

Has anyone mentioned or spotted the similarity of Unicorn''s theme as you say it I think, with Chamber of secrets theme? minor harmony and same ending notes of the first phrase.. It's like a variant of Chamber of secrets theme..

Of course, I said "pass" but listened to the samples 30 minutes later. Typical, really.

:music: 1941 (La-La Land) by John Williams

Karol

:lol: So much for willpower and all that.

Has anyone mentioned or spotted the similarity of Unicorn''s theme as you say it I think, with Chamber of secrets theme? minor harmony and same ending notes of the first phrase.. It's like a variant of Chamber of secrets theme..

Sure, there's similarities. Like a lot of Williams' mystery themes, he seems to use this idea of playing around with arpeggiated minor triads that shift around by small chromatic intervals - crafted into a flowing melody. I like it a lot. This is shaping up to be a really fantastic score. :D

Sure, there's similarities. Like a lot of Williams' mystery themes, he seems to use this idea of playing around with arpeggiated minor triads that shift around by small chromatic intervals - crafted into a flowing melody. I like it a lot. This is shaping up to be a really fantastic score. :D

They evoke the same emotions, yes, and they are kind of similar. But that's it. ;)

hmmm.. As i had heard the other samples of this track, i thought it would have a spectacular end, like all hell breaks loose (e.g. like Witches of Eastwick theme)

Well now who said that the end of the sample is the end of the whole track? ;)

So Snowy's theme is like this movies Hedwig's theme?

No, not at all. It's a theme for the dog specifically.

-----------

Can the more musically inclined of you answer something for me?

In the JWFan sample for 03 The Secret of the Scrolls, you can hear the main Unicorn theme (the "Mystery Theme"), followed by another melody that I also associate with The Unicorn.

Then in the JWFan sample for 05 Marlinspike Hall, you can hear a crazy sinister version of that second theme. Agreed so far?

Now, in the JWFan sample for 06 Escape From The Karaboudjan, you hear a melody played VERY similarly to that sinister music from the previous sample.... but is it a variation of that theme, like with some notes changed? Or is it a unrelated melody, and it just sounds similar due to the way both melodies are performed?

Yes, I know what you're talking about, and I think it's the same theme.

Maybe the same theme slightly altered, or just a continuation of the first theme, i.e. one is the A section, the second is the B section.

But they are definitely closely related!

____

Btw, the first part of the JW sample "The Secret of the Scrolls" reminds me a bit of "Irina's Theme"... mysterious, seductive, and somehow silky-smooth.