BloodBoal

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTH are you talking about? Haven't we established by now that the main theme is the theme for Tintin? It gets many uses, but it's Tintin's theme, isn't it?

BloodBoal's humor obviously doesn't come through strongly enough in his written word. ;)

And yes we have established that Tintin's theme is the main theme is the Tintin's theme.

I quote Jason:

Tintin’s Theme is the most versatile of the score’s many themes, getting its own jazzy concert arrangement (The Adventures of Tintin), an Indiana-Jones-esque action variation (Escape From The Karaboudjan, The Pursuit of the Falcon), and a general “off to the next location!” / “moving the story along” version (“The Flight To Bagghar”). The two halves of the theme almost act like a 5-note call and a 6 note answer, almost always playing back to back. For a simple theme, it’s very adaptable.

BloodBoal's humor obviously doesn't come through strongly enough in his written word. ;)

Maybe I don't know the guy well enough, but claiming Tintin's theme is not Tintin's theme... what's so humorous about that?

If you don't even remember what is it that you said that led me to write that, then obviously, the joke falls flat. But that's no problem. I'm used to that. People are so unsophisticated around here they don't get half of my jokes, and mostly laugh when I'm writing something serious. That's depressing.

You know, are you referring to the thread where I said "The Adventure Continues" may become the theme for the entire Tintin franchise?

If not, I really don't know what you are talking about. Why don't you enlighten me? (I don't know everything I post here by heart.) ;)

You just killed this whole thread, man.

This thread was a stillbirth anyway. :P

Dear God. Don't we have other things to talk about, what with 2 new JW scores coming out soon?

Yes. Tintin's good! War Horse will be good!

Predictable.

Don't we have other things to talk about, what with 2 new JW scores coming out soon?

I don't. I can't listen to the samples.

I understand how you feel. But deafness will be cured someday.

So what, would the group prefer if all threads relating to Tintin trailers and commercials be merged together, a kind of "Official tintin trailers and commecials thread"?

Should I also combine all the samples threads into "The official tintin soundtrack samples thread"?

Then leave a thread for information on where to order and when the soundtrack comes out, and combine everything else into "The official Tintin articles and news thread?"

(I'm being serious)

Well, Ricard asked me to clean up / organize this subforum better, so I'm looking for ideas on how to do that.

I could do something similar to the review section, like preface thread titles with "TINTIN: AUDIO: blahblah ", "TINTIN: VIDEO: blahblah", "WAR HORSE: TRAILER: blahblah", etc.

TINTIN: AUDIO and TINTIN: VIDEO feel weird as thread titles.

"Warning, May Contain Nuts"

BTW BB, you forgot me in the opening post ;)

What point?

The we-'re-all-excited-over-something-we-can't-discuss-yet-because-nobody-has-seen-or-heard-it point. It's a necessary evil prior to most John Williams releases.

There's no need to remind me that people have heard Tintin at this point, or at least segments of it. It doesn't invalidate my point.