What part of the world are you from?

74 members have voted

1. 1. What part of the world are you from?

• North America
    • South America
    • Europe
    • Africa
    • Asia
    • Australia

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've spent my entire life (every home, school, and job) in Massachusetts

I hope you've at least been outside the state.

LOL of course. As far south as the bottom of Florida, as far North as Montreal, and as far West as Los Angeles

Not the first time, I'm sure.

Never heard of that, actually

North America, USA, New Jersey.

I'm actually at the Jersey shore, lived here my whole life. You know all those MTV Jersey Shore show antics? Yeah...10 minutes from my home. I remember when Seaside used to be fairly family friendly. Not so much anymore, I wouldn't bring a kid there. Heck, I hate going there now.

For the sake of the Maestro, I've always thought his music was mostly popular here in America. I knew we had a few people from Europe on here, but I didn't realize it was a solid percentage.

I hope you've at least been outside the state.

LOL of course. As far south as the bottom of Florida, as far North as Montreal, and as far West as Los Angeles

Not the first time, I'm sure.

Never heard of that, actually

Then you really need to watch this:

We have the longest tradition in classical music (of which most film music is highly derivative of) while Americans have a better grasp of things like hip hop and burgers.

This proves the music of Williams is too complicated for Americans, you know, like classical music.

I'm sure it only means that Americans are too busy with finding out what the Kardashians or Pippa Middleton are up to then to waste time on a message board so they can vote in this poll.

I'm from England, John Williams' spiritual home, or so I could believe after listening to some wonderful clips from War Horse. It is enormously flattering having such a truly great American composer pay hommage to English music like that.

Yes, but is he actually from Antarctica or does he just punch the clock there? Like, did a woman actually allow a man to plant his seed while sunning themselves on that southernmost beach on the planet, and give rise to a soul who put "Antarctica" on his birth certificate? Otherwise, I'm not impressed.

Yes, but is he actually from Antarctica or does he just punch the clock there? Like, did a woman actually allow a man to plant his seed while sunning themselves on that southernmost beach on the planet, and give rise to a soul who put "Antarctica" on his birth certificate? Otherwise, I'm not impressed.

Well, it is quite cold down there.

This proves the music of Williams is too complicated for Americans, you know, like classical music.

Hmmm let's see:

Population of Western Europe/Population of USA = 1.31

Poll Count of Europe/Poll Count of North America = 1.34

I think you just have 1.3x as many people.

We know this because throughout history Europe has always won.

This is true. Without American intervention in World War II, Europe would have defeated Europe and conquered all of Europe.