The Adventures of Tintin OST - Chronological Order

Jay

Here is a simple chronological order you can do without editing tracks.

1. 01 The Adventures of Tintin (3:04)
  2. 03 The Secret of the Scrolls (3:13)
  3. 05 Marlinspike Hall (3:59)
  4. 04 Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase (4:08)
  5. 06 Escape from the Karaboudjan (3:21)
  6. 08 Captain Haddock Takes the Oars (2:17)
  7. 11 The Flight to Bagghar (3:33)
  8. 07 Sir Francis and the Unicorn (5:05)
  9. 10 Capturing Mr. Silk (2:58)
  10. 09 Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure (6:10)
  11. 12 The Milanese Nightingale (1:30)
  12. 13 Presenting Bianca Castafiore (3:28)
  13. 14 The Pursuit of the Falcon (5:43)
  14. 15 The Captain's Counsel (2:10)
  15. 16 The Clash of the Cranes (3:48)
  16. 17 The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale (5:51)
  17. 18 The Adventure Continues (2:58)
  18. 02 Snowy's Theme (2:10)

If you want to use sound editing software, you can make a more accurate chronological order this way:

1. 01 The Adventures of Tintin (3:04)
  2. 03a The Secret of the Scrolls [0:00-1:34] (1:34)
  3. 03c The Secret of the Scrolls [2:28-3:13] (0:45)
  4. 03b The Secret of the Scrolls [1:34-2:28] (0:53)
  5. 05b Marlinspike Hall [0:14-3:59] (3:45)
  6. 04 Introducing the Thompsons and Snowy's Chase (4:08)
  7. 08a "Introducing Haddock" [0:00-0:34] (0:34)
  8. 05a "The Radio Room" [0:00-0:14] (0:14)
  9. 06 Escape from the Karaboudjan (3:21)
  10. 10b Capturing Mr. Silk [1:03-2:58] (1:55)
  11. 11 The Flight to Bagghar (3:33)
  12. 08b Captain Haddock Takes the Oars [0:34-2:17] (1:43)
  13. 07 Sir Francis and the Unicorn (5:05)
  14. 10a "A Sober Haddock" [0:00-1:03] (1:03)
  15. 09 Red Rackham's Curse and the Treasure (6:10)
  16. 12 The Milanese Nightingale (1:30)
  17. 13 Presenting Bianca Castafiore (3:28)
  18. 14 The Pursuit of the Falcon (5:43)
  19. 15 The Captain's Counsel (2:10)
  20. 16 The Clash of the Cranes (3:48)
  21. 17 The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale (5:51)
  22. 18 The Adventure Continues (2:58)
  23. 02 Snowy's Theme (2:10)

However this creates a very jarring listening experience as you have cues cut-off without going anywhere. I recommend only splitting track 10 with a WAV editor and leaving the rest joined, but re-organized per the first list.

NOTE: In the film, "Snowy's Theme" actually plays before "The Adventure Continues" in the end credits; However, in order to listen to them that way, you will have to use sound editing software; The reason is that "The Adventure Continues" overlaps the end of "The Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale" on the CD, actually beginning during the final second of that track.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people who have seen the film have anything to add concerning the chronological order of the music?

Do people who have seen the film have anything to add concerning the chronological order of the music?

Well, I guess we learned that Snowy's Theme plays before The Adventure Continues in the actual film's end credits... but honestly as a listening experience I think it works best to have The Adventure Continues play directly after Return To Marlinspike Hall and Finale....and then have Snowy's Theme end the album. Especially since on the OST, they actually overlapped "Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale" with "The Adventure Continues"

I think Alexander said Snowy's Theme goes before The Adventure Continues.

Edit: repeated xD

Jason that might vary if the Unicorn stuff before Snowy's Theme os present or not.

Is the Unicorn stuff tracked or new?

Well, I guess we learned that Snowy's Theme plays before The Adventure Continues in the actual film's end credits... but honestly as a listening experience I think it works best to have The Adventure Continues play directly after Return To Marlinspike Hall and Finale....and then have Snowy's Theme end the album. Especially since on the OST, they actually overlapped "Return to Marlinspike Hall and Finale" with "The Adventure Continues"

Yes I think that's true. Unless you want to reprise Sir Francis and the Unicorn as they do in the film.

Yes I tried that order but The Adventure Continues followed by Snowy's Theme works better plus there is no redundant repetition of material and the End Credit sequence is not too long. 5 minutes is quite sufficient.

The problem, though, is to do that you also have to edit track 17, since at the very very last second you can hear "The Adventure Continues" begin to start - which when immediately followed by track 18, sounds fine of course (unless your player doesn't support gapless playblack) - but it will sound weird if you swap tracks without editing out the end of track 17 and pasting it into the start of track 18

Your cue "A Sober Haddock" plays right before he lights a fire.

You can name "Introducing the Thompsons" as "Chasing Mr. Silk".

The jazzy parts are played when the Thompsons and Tintin chase him.

Really? That's interesting - You're referring to him lighting the fire on the boat, right? Meaning it plays after "Captain Haddock Takes The Oars" and before "The Flight To Bagghar"?

Really? That's interesting - You're referring to him lighting the fire on the boat, right? Meaning it plays after "Captain Haddock Takes The Oars" and before "The Flight To Bagghar"?

Yes.

Main post updated per reports of people who have seen the film. Turns out less editing is required than I had thought.

Or could be that Alexander will be elaborating his findings when he has time to put them all down. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Updated the main post. The first 14 seconds of Marlinspike Hall, as well as the first 38 seconds of Captain Haddock Takes The Oars, plays in the film exactly as they play on the OST. Since that blatantly contradicts information I had, it makes me wonder about the veracity of all my information.

Regardless, for a change it looks like this is one OST that can be made chronological by simply re-ordering tracks, no editing required. Yay!

Yes it is very much as you said. Williams has arranged the music so that shorter cues comprising a single track follow each other more or less in the film even though there might be some music missing in between those sections. So rearranging is all that is really needed. :)

Well, I guess we learned that Snowy's Theme plays before The Adventure Continues in the actual film's end credits... but honestly as a listening experience I think it works best to have The Adventure Continues play directly after Return To Marlinspike Hall and Finale.

My guess is that it was originally planned to start the end credits with The Adventure Continues (segued then by Snowy's Theme and maybe an edit of other tracks at the very end). It's likely Spielberg or one of the main sound editors were so much enamored with the Sir Francis and the Unicorn cue that decided to put it at the front.

Yea. I think The Adventure Continues would have been a much wiser choice to kick off the end credits with, getting the audience truly excited for the next adventure, as opposed to reprising music they already heard before.

And it has to be said that the way both The Adventure Continues and Snowy's Theme are built either one could end the credits sequence on a resounding note. But I agree that The Adventure Continues would admirably continue the momentum of the finale.

Because those 2 sections play in the film exactly as they play on the OST.

Yup.

So Jason are you working on a complete score analysis now? :)

Well this means I have to write one too you know. ;) We can never have too many of those.

I'm really looking forward to Jason's complete cue list and score analysis. When I listen to the album in chronological order it feels even more incomplete than in its original order, so I'm very curious about the exact timings and placement of the missing cues (I haven't watched the film yet).