John Williams and his Privacy

JWfangirl1992

I just legitimately sprinted along side his limo, and I hate to admit it but I was snubbed. When he came out there was a gate separating us and I called to him saying there was only a half dozen of us, but he didn't even acknowledge me.

This is the second concert I chased after his limo, and last time (being only fifteen) I'm pretty sure I was crying a little. Does anyone else have a similar story or an actual success one?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Boston every May he would come out and sign stuff for everyone who waited. Last he signed my Hook LP. This year a bunch of assholes ruined it and he didn't stay long

You're gonna wash your hand afterward, right?

Omn the plus side, one day he may finally see you at a concert and go, "Hey, isn't that that crazy young lady chasing my limo all the time?" and which point he'll probably say "Hello". Maybe give you a signed black turtle neck.

You should respect his privacy. Unlike most famous people, he's famous because of his hard work and talent. I'm sure as a composer, he's never been entirely comfortable with the fame side of the job but otherwise is just there to do his job the best he possibly can. My advise to you is to contact him through Boston Pops for an autograph and be patient rather than finding out where he is and chasing him down. My understanding is the meastro is a private person and values that privacy. By the way, how do you know what car is his limo so that this was the second time you chased after it?

Because after his past two concerts I've seen him get in the car. I'm not trying to seem crazy obsessed stalkerish, I would just love to meet him and tell him how much I appreciate his work

Because after his past two concerts I've seen him get in the car. I'm not trying to seem crazy obsessed stalkerish, I would just love to meet him and tell him how much I appreciate his work

Yes, yes, I understand. I just think there is an avenue already made available to do that through his management or BPO. I'm not trying to pass judgement on you, just saying the way he behaved is understandable.

I was down in the garage last night after the concert as well, and though I did not participate in the chase ;), I have to say I admire JWfangirl's enthusiam!  You looked like you were ready to jump in front of his car if it would get you that autograph!

I just legitimately sprinted along side his limo, and I hate to admit it but I was snubbed. When he came out there was a gate separating us and I called to him saying there was only a half dozen of us, but he didn't even acknowledge me.

This is the second concert I chased after his limo, and last time (being only fifteen) I'm pretty sure I was crying a little. Does anyone else have a similar story or an actual success one?

Waiting outside after a concert is one thing. But chasing and spriting alongside his limo?

WOW. Talk about a crazy stalker! :P

I was down in the garage last night after the concert as well, and though I did not participate in the chase ;), I have to say I admire JWfangirl's enthusiam! You looked like you were ready to jump in front of his car if it would get you that autograph!

Haha thank you, but I definitely wouldn't have gone to that extreme. My thoughts were there is no harm in giving it a try, whats the quote "Better to try and fail then not even try at all." I honestly didn't expect it to work but 1) I got my exercise for the day 2) I definitely gave him a good laugh.

People, it's great when he signs things for us and agrees to pictures, but he's never under the obligation to do it. We should respect that.

The only way you can guarantee a private meeting for an autograph/photo would be to respond to the Boston Pops' pledge drives at a level of support that gives you the backstage pass (don't remember exactly if it's $1000 or so). Those are the people who get ushered up the stairs at Symphony Hall while the rest of us line up near the exit.

Didn't we already send him some letters a few years ago through the forum?

Yes, but the letter was made up from letters cut out from different newspapers and glued to the page. And overall it was all rather threatening, I have to say.

My thoughts were there is no harm in giving it a try, whats the quote "Better to try and fail then not even try at all."

That's not the correct quote. The correct quote goes:

"Do or do not. There is no try."

Wasn't JWfangirl1992 posting a lot more a few years ago and disappeared ? All this time she was locked up in her basement plotting how to intercept JW

http://www.watchcart...king-size-homer

18:42 in.

JWfangirl1992 = Homer

Driver = John Williams

:mrgreen:

Hahah now this got me laughing. But c'mon guys I'm not on that stalker status, I'm pretty sure its one of you guys that knows exactly where he lives ;) . I just wanted to give it my best go incase if he does plan on retiring and not doing another NY show. And Mark, yes I was on more a while ago but its more due to college than anything else.

It might be true that the cost of fame is forgoing privacy, it's unrealistic to expect both.

But that doesn't mean it's okay to be a stalker and chase after a limo.

Getting too close to Johnny might end up like this :o

Yikes, scary stuff. I didn't realize Sharif was an angry Arab like that. And what about that gal, who keeps smiling like nothing ever happens. Strange.

Did he actually hit her?

I am at work now, so I can't listen to this, so is there a definite slapping sound? Because it looks to me like he just flicked her hair...

Did he actually hit her?

I am at work now, so I can't listen to this, so is there a definite slapping sound? Because it looks to me like he just flicked her hair...

Either way, he's suddenly very pissed about something!

Getting too close to Johnny might end up like this :o

Yikes, scary stuff. I didn't realize Sharif was an angry Arab like that. And what about that gal, who keeps smiling like nothing ever happens. Strange.

This is exactly what he is saying: "Sweetheart, I told you I'll take a picture with you after them (reporters?)....and you are still standing right here (in the shot)." She responds, "I'm sorry". His response (as he gestures to his head) "just think for a minute." They take pictures, then he says, "ok, your turn....they (reporters) were wanting to take a solo picture of me but now your turn....which camera is taking your picture, sweetheart?" (he calls her Sweetheart at the start and finish)...she says "her" and then she replies "thanks very much."

I don't think he slapped her but agressively swatted after her in frustration but because of the camera angle, looks like a slap.

Mostly a fly swat, yes. Rather over the top reaction though, to me. I'm more amazed about how cool calm and collected she is throughout.

If someone I'd admired and wanted to meet for years (assuming she had) barked at me like that, it would probably crush my heart forever :P