Official War Horse Clips, Commercials, and new Trailers thread

Jay

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

They're really pushing the music in the trailers and the ads it seems, they definitely want it to win! I think that this familiarity with it that people will have from all the ads will work in its favor at Oscar time.

I have to say, the film itself looks gorgeous too. It should be a beautiful film, visually.

They're really pushing the music in the trailers and the ads it seems, they definitely want it to win! I think that this familiarity with it that people will have from all the ads will work in its favor at Oscar time.

Yep. It's for that reason only that imho scores like Il Postino and Life is Beautiful ultimately won the Academy Award--in both cases Miramax edited feelgood trailers featuring prominently the respective music scores.

This looks extremely corny and I couldn't be more excited.

That is exactly what I thought! Corny can be a really bad thing and some people hate it full stop. But it's Spielberg and it's a great story so I don't care how corny it is I just can't wait :D I love syruppy Spielberg!!

Film looks phenomenal and I love how the music is used so much. You can just imagine the reactions this would get on the forum if it was released before we heard the Friendship Theme ;) it would be crazy!!!

This film looks so darn corny, but visually it seems impressive. Personally I'm not a big fan of corny films. I'll obviously gives this a shot for it being a Spielberg film and for the JW score, but my hopes aren't that high.

I still haven't received my copy of War Horse yet....I know everyone's already played it, but I personally can't wait for the score.

- KK

http://www.latinorev...war-horse-15470

Here's some more. The other two feature some AWFUL generic trailer music though.

The second is reasonably generic, but not bad; I quite like it actually. And anything that draws attention to Williams' score is good!

The third is Thomas Newman's Cinderella Man.

I think I heard this during the Green Bay/Detroit game (for you non-US folks, that's American Football). I was out in the dining room eating my delicious Thanksgiving meal, but i heard the music and knew it was a new trailer.

"The greatest journey... is the one... that leads you home." That voice-over with the music gives me goosebumps of anticipation!

The spot is terrific EXCEPT for that jarring transition on the upbeat at 0:28. I'm constantly keeping time even when listening so it really throws me off.

Nothing wrong with giving an audio aid to the images, be it music or voiceovers. It also allows them to pack more visuals into the trailer, because they don't need to waste time with the written out text.

I have to say, the film itself looks gorgeous too. It should be a beautiful film, visually.

:thumbup:

All I can say is that the Williams' score combined with the images from the film get a very strong emotional response from me every time. And what beautiful images those are. No wonder Williams was inspired. :)

IMDb has a clip from the movie, featuring the track "The Charge and Capture":

http://www.imdb.com/...mdb/vi125476377

Whoops, posted the same thing on a new topic! My bad, sorry!

Looks and sounds fantastic though.

PS: Feel free to delete my new thread, Jason.

All these new trailers and clips almost make me surprised it was a successful play. Everything seems so cinematic

http://blog.moviefon...tom-hiddleston/

Here's a clip from the farewell scene. No music, they might have taken it out.

Edit

Here's another clip featuring Bringing Joey Home and Bonding.

http://www.fandango.com/movie-trailer/exclusive:warhorsetedbringshomejoey-trailer/134931/2172675842

All these new trailers and clips almost make me surprised it was a successful play. Everything seems so cinematic

Spielberg is generally a fairly cinematic filmmaker.

I've merged all the recent threads, and moved posts, that contained clips/trailers from the flim together into this thread right here.

Please post any future clips to this thread instead of either starting your own thread or putting them in the more general-information "Movie Anticipation Thread"

Thanks!

So far I don't think I've heard any unreleased music in any of the released clips. Though I wasn't particularly listening for it, I was just enjoying the clips