Tintin 2D or 3D?

37 members have voted

1. 1. In what format did you see, or are planning to see Tintin?

• 2D
    • 3D
    • IMAX 3D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw it in 3D (it was that or watching it dubbed in Portuguese) and I thought it added to the experience a bit, but I'd imagine it will look just as great in 2d

Also when Tintin is snooping around Marlinspike, and we see a figure moving around in the extreme foreground.

I did not like now the subtitles were not always easy to read though, but that's not Spielberg's fault.

I saw it in 3D. I'm planning to see it in 2D. Also I saw it in English, and I'm curious to hear what it sounds like in Tintin's native language..

I saw it in 3D. I'm planning to see it in 2D. Also I saw it in English, and I'm curious to hear what it sounds like in Tintin's native language..

I wish I had the chance to see it in French as well. Are the voice actors the same as in the cartoon series?

And I agree about the brightness. I didn't once even need to take my glasses to make out what was going on (as I did specially with POTC 4), and Tintin has quite a few scenes set at night. It was the first film I've seen where the 3d doesn't detract from the experience

Are the voice actors the same as in the cartoon series?

No they're not (according to Wikipedia), that's why I'm a little apprehensive that it might ruin my experience of the movie, as I grew up with those voices... plus I hated the voices of the French trailer, so if they are the same... Well I'll see.

I'm not that crazy over 3D. Avatar I saw in 3D because that's the way Cameron meant for it to be seen, and it was awesome.

With Tintin, I will first see it in 2D, then I will see it in 3D if it warrants a second viewing (I have no doubt that it will ;) ). Spielberg is a traditionalist, so the 3D I imagine is just another way to see it, but not the absolutely necessary way to do so.

I watched in 3D, something I was't really looking forward to, as I dislike the so called 3D experience. But was pleased surprised with the results, and for the first time, I have to say I really enjoyed watching a film in 3D.

I'll be watching the film again in the coming days, but this time in good old 2D.

I'm not that crazy over 3D. Avatar I saw in 3D because that's the way Cameron meant for it to be seen, and it was awesome.

With Tintin, I will first see it in 2D, then I will see it in 3D if it warrants a second viewing (I have no doubt that it will ;) ). Spielberg is a traditionalist, so the 3D I imagine is just another way to see it, but not the absolutely necessary way to do so.

Not crazy about 3D either, but in this case, it really helps immersing the viewers into this world. I strongly recommend this for your first viewing.

I have to say I really enjoyed watching a film in 3D.

Yeah. Maybe it's not so surprising. Spielberg has always been a master in using special effects as a tool in telling his story instead of letting them overpower the story. It's the same way with his use if 3D. He uses it as a tool, but doesn't overrely on it.

Didn't we ban putting the words "3D" and "immersion" in the same sentence?

I did!

The thing is that while the 3D is great, I don't think I would have enjoyed the film any less if I saw it in 2D.

Hell, I didn't even know you COULD watch it in 2D in the theaters...

Any film that is released exclusively in 3D would be writing their own death sentence. With the prices higher, and a large segment of the population against anything 3D, the studio would be turning away possible profits. There is always going to be a traditional 2D release.

I just came back from seeing it as well... in 3D.

Most of the time the effect was actually not that strong, similar to Toy Story 3. It was more during the handheld, 'realistic' shots that it shone the most.

And absolutely no gimmicky shots anywhere. In fact the two instances where a sword/telescope were poked out, it was more like they were 'approaching' the screen, rather than sticking out.

t.

And absolutely no gimmicky shots anywhere. In fact the two instances where a sword/telescope were poked out, it was more like they were 'approaching' the screen, rather than sticking out.

Yes, that was very refreshing

Oh, I just remembered the most funny thing 3D-wise I have seen yet: (possible spoiler)

I think it was immediately after the plane crash (not sure), but in some desert scene the sand piled up against the screen

:D Now that's a creative use of 3D.

Oh, I just remembered the most funny thing 3D-wise I have seen yet: (possible spoiler)

I think it was immediately after the plane crash (not sure), but in some desert scene the sand piled up against the screen

Really? Don't remember that...

So again, anybody gonna see the movie twice in the theater? I am considering it...

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm actually glad I could only buy tickets for a 3D screening. I was somewhat disappointed at first, 'cause I was hoping to see the 2D version (I had just seen HP7.2 in 3D, which was a pretty horrible experience). But this film really WORKS in 3D..! There were several moments when I actually thought: yeah, this scene is really enhanced by the 3D element. Tintin has made me change my opinion on 3D films, which is quite a feet I must add.

Really? Don't remember that... So again, anybody gonna see the movie twice in the theater? I am considering it...

It was at the bottom of the screen, and looked like the screen was some kind of glass pane that stopped the sand from spilling out.