Tintin 2D or 3D?

37 members have voted

1. 1. In what format did you see, or are planning to see Tintin?

• 2D
    • 3D
    • IMAX 3D

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it in 1.85 or 2.39? I saw it Real-D in 2.39, which seems to contradict the info listed on IMDB.

Sometimes IMDB has their spec details wrong. The theater chain I work for has one 2D show and four 3D shows of Tintin, and they're all in 2.39:1. I don't know if Spielberg will insist on a 1.85:1 ratio for the DVD and Blu-ray releases like James Cameron and Michael Apted did for Avatar and Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Knowing Spielberg, probably not.

I was planning to see the film in glorious 2D, but the listing on the web was incorrect and so the only remaining screening available was a 3D screening. I am a pretty vocal detractor of 3D, but I should give Spielberg and co. props for the smoothest 3D film I've watched. Having said that, I still think it is a gimmick and would have much preferred to see it in 2D. With 3D I feel as though I cannot take in the images. It's just such a strain. So while Tintin has some of the best 3D I've seen, I was still incredibly frustrated that I couldn't fully appreciate the atmosphere and geography of Spielberg's compositions.

I will look forward to seeing the movie in my preferred format on DVD.

Ted

• 2 weeks later...