Which piano brand does JW use?

MSM

I know the subject has been raised before, and that he has several pianos. I just wonder if it known if he still composes on a Baldwin?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I have heard so too, but accoring to wikipedia and an 1985 Baldwin ad JW at least in the 80-ies composed on a Baldwin piano. So maybe he switched.

kids-toy-piano.jpg

Actually that's his new model. :lol:

I understand he composed "Raiders March" on one of these bad boys:

kids_piano_mat.jpg

Actually it is really bad for a child's development to give something like this. You can't even play the Jaws theme in its proper key.

Well you could teach the child, that instead of a Second, it can play the complementary interval, the seventh: e', f e' f e' f

If that kid is still interested in music.. congratulations :P

Well you could teach the child, that instead of a Second, it can play the complementary interval, the seventh: e', f e' f e' f

If that kid is still interested in music.. congratulations :P

That's actually my favorite interval...I'd have liked it :-) After all, it's Korngold's King's Row theme (second satz), secondary theme of Raiders March, the Superman March (again second satz), as well as the opening of the Dracula Main Theme :)

There was an article a couple of years ago that said Williams had "his Steinway" shipped to his cottage in Massachusetts during his summers there...

http://www.berkshirelivingmag.com/John-Williams-Tanglewood-Clarence-Fanto-August-2010

So if all info from this thread is reliable, he might have a Baldwin, a Bosendorfer, a Yamaha and a Steinway. Must be pretty much like a piano store in his house... :huh: