BloodBoal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make some very valid points (the jazzy opening, Tintin's ruminations), some valid points (the library scene, the Karaboudjan cage), some not-so-valid points, and some (many) hilarious points. Overall your review lives up to the hype; I give it **** out of *****, and I might even buy the DVD.

Sadly you miss the most offensive departure from Tintin's spirit, which is Haddock's zoophilia joke.

During the chase, you see a tank into a house, going down the streets. Where did it come from?

I can answer that: The Calculus Affair. :)

You make some very valid points (the jazzy opening, Tintin's ruminations)

I don't see what's valid there about the jazzy opening. I can't be the only one that's been imagining jazzy music for Tintin since always.

Lukey, whithout whom A Whirl Through Snowy’s Anatomy section would have never been possible

And what about the Pursuit of the Apparicus abombasticus (BTW, in binomial names the gender begins in capital and the species does not ;) )???

Epic. 5 stars. :lol:

PD: damn in the beggining i thought you were serious about snowy's legs...

BTW even if the film is awesome, you review really sticks the bad points it has, its a joke, but it has turth also.

You make some very valid points (the jazzy opening, Tintin's ruminations)

I don't see what's valid there about the jazzy opening. I can't be the only one that's been imagining jazzy music for Tintin since always.

Actually, before everyone here said they were expecting the music to be something along the lines of Catch Me If You Can for Tintin, I had never connected Tintin with this kind of European cliché (accordion, jazzy sound, etc). For me Tintin is adventure, and adventure is not scored with jazz. Plus as Stefan said, jazz is American…

Don’t get me wrong, I love this opening, and the Williams cue. But still, the stylized shadow play and the music arguably make it as much an homage to Catch Me if You Can as it is to Tintin.

Jazz is from America...

But it really developed in the north of France starting in the late 1910's. It doesn't sound exactly American jazz (nor the one used in Tintin's opening sequence), as it features more strings than brass, but the mental association is still valid.

Ah BloodBox, whilst I appreciate your enthusiasm in going on (at length) about the differences between the book and the movie, I can only say I disagree with you 100% where the merits of the movie alone are concerned. See, I don't care about faithfulness to source material when the filmic execution is as pin sharp as it is here. Y'know, Jacko made some significant changes to LotR when he adapted it for his films, and nobody cared; apart from the clueless purists. As with any movie adaptation of a much beloved book, it's important to stay as critically objective as possible when watching. For the next Tintin adventure, try harder to do that.

And I disagree 200% about what I find to be one of the most delightfully amusing credit sequences in recent times.

Finally, am I getting the wrong end of the stick or did you say the end credits rolled with The Adventure Continues? Because I don't know in which country you saw it but here in England the accompanying music was the "RC-esque" power anthem pirate music. Which was really the only disappointing aspect of the entire movie (purely due to the fact I'd built myself up TAC).

I don't think even Incanus will consider this review too short...

Yeah, he burps out longer posts than this.

Well now this was worth the wait! The vitriol, the bile, the sheer sparkling negativity! The regular and judicious use of curse words and acerbic wit proved to be an intoxicating mix that sent me into new fields of critique delights. Magnificent BloodBoal! The circle is complete. When you left my Academy of Over Long Analyses/Posts you were but a learner. Now you, BloodBoal, are the Master of the Long Posts Universe!

The effects, music, editing and 3D transfer of this review were indeed superb, truly worth the wait and hype. This piece of hateful, spiteful and darn tootin' angry cinematic fiction has claimed its rightful place in the pantheon of Scatching Reviews Hall of Fame right next to most reviews of Heaven's Gate, Hercules in New York and Jingle All the Way.

But so as not to make you over proud I'll give you 4 stars out of 5. Only I write perfect 5 star reviews so you are lucky to get 4 Mr. Boal.

Yes duct tape is extremely handy in most situations. A nice touch I agree. It somehow enhances the contempt Mr. Boal feels for the film to new subtextual levels of excellence. As they say a piece of duct tape speaks more than thousand words and it certainly has done so here.

Long posts like that usually indicate lack of sex. Just masturbate Bloadball, you will feel better.

It's Boodboal..not Blueballs...

BTW is the review a a joke or not? Reading it i thought he got all complains and nitpicks about the film and mixed them in a big review.

After seeing some posts by some poeple here i'm believing he was serious.

so what is it?

yes...

I suppose the snowy and falcon parts are jokes, and you dont really believe them to be mistakes from the film... oh well, i'm the only one who cares... :P

BTW the falcon thingy was debunked. It's was not an error.

Faleel' timestamp='1323032166' post='770983']

Quint... that signature pic is very manly... :drool:

it transforms malcom into somekind of greek god :yes:

Now it's completely fixxed.

fail!

BTW, i'm rewatching Frasier, and really in Tintin they could have used a dog as trained and 'cute' as Eddie (or Moose) to at least mo-cap some scenes/actions. Only animate the impossible things.