New video interview with John Williams on Trailer Addict

Muad'Dib

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, when was the last time John Williams did a video interview to promote a film?

I'm at work so can't watch it; What does he say?

That the score for War Horse is more performance oriented.

The lyrical film requires a lyrical score that you can't do with new technology.

the sessions were like playing for a concert..

about Spielberg: He's comfortable with music, enjoys music..

Thanks for posting this Michael. A nice small Williams moment with great insight into the music and I must say that the score does have that concert performance sensibility to it. :)

Im guessing JW considers War Whores as his big Oscar shot for this year and will ignore Tin tin...

Williams scored Tintin two and a half years ago (well, mostly). He doesn't remember it anymore. ;)

Karol

Finally got a chance to watch this. Was wonderful to watch him talk about the score this way. But damn, the editing in the video is atrocious, seemingly stopping him mid-sentence. I'd love to see the full interview instead of just these 2 short snippets.

And no indy4, there are no spoilers at all in the video or on the page itself

Oh okay thanks! Maybe the rest of the video will be released when WH comes out on DVD, like those promotional interviews for KotCS.

I agree with Williams completely. One thing that's so great about War Horse is that you wouldn't be able to tell that it was written to fit within the paramaters of the film. It feels completely organic and natural. These types of scores are my favorites.