The Adventures of Tintin SEQUEL Anticipation thread

Muad'Dib

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, crumbs said:

WTF they've had 7 years and there's not even a script?! That's why you hire a writer to draft the script while you're busy on other shit!

I love the first movie, but at this point, all desire I had to watch a sequel have evaporated. Just been too long.

You already know that, but I live in Québec and I my first language is french, so I was raised with Tintin comics.

I was maybe a little too young when my parents bought me the books, but I remember them very well.

Part of my childhood...

81HUqBa5fxL.jpg

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

I love the first movie, but at this point, all desire I had to watch a sequel have evaporated. Just been too long.

It's the opposite for me.  The time gap has made the prospect of a sequel more interesting.  The first Tintin wasn't anything I wanted immediately more of but after a decade or so I'm like, "yeah, more Tintin could be cool"

1 hour ago, Laserschwert said:

Didn't the first movie take 5 or so years to make? So, if he starts writing in the next two years, we won't see a movie until 2024/2025? Ouch...

According to Wiki, the screenplay started to get written in 2007 for a 2010 release, but the WGA strike and other issues got in the way pushing it to 2011, mo-cap officially starting in 2009. 

So perhaps a release closer to 2022 if they actually get serious about it starting next year and everything goes smoothly. 

You'd almost think a sequel would have to be a soft reboot at this point, reintroducing (mostly American & Chinese) audiences to a character that, let's face it, they never cared about that much in the first place.

It's a movie I liked, but not that much (I usually never watch animated movies).

I saw it in french of course, because the character's name in english don't mean anything to me.

Is JW was the best to score the movie, although he did a great job, like he's capable of doing it, but... honestly, maybe not.

Tintin meet Hollywood was maybe a big clash this for the little belgian reporter...

A return to the roots maybe a good idea, if there was to be a sequel...

Jacko doesn't even sound arsed enough about it to make another one outside of his obligation to Spielberg to do one. He should just stand aside for someone else to get it made instead.

15 hours ago, Arpy said:

They should take the time they need, I'm sick of sloppy half-assed productions that studios squeeze out like a constipated turd. Isn't a common complaint concerning sequels that they're rushed and lacking the spark of the original? Incredibles 2 came out after a fifteen year hiatus and that film was a worthy sequel!

All because there's a large time gap, though, doesn't mean they're actively working on it or taking their time on it the whole span of time. 

Also--and I say this generally, not dissing you at all--I think a deep fallacy that has permeated our lives is that the longer you work on something, the better it will turn out to be. Taking one's time should mean exactly that: taking the right amount of time one needs to deliver to the best of their abilities, be that a little or lot. I don't know abou'ch'all, but if I'm taking a long time on something, it's because I'm really struggling with mental disorders that instill a lot of doubt and fear that pollute the--really rather simple, if you look at these things--process of what I'm working on. 

14 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Jacko doesn't even sound arsed enough about it to make another one outside of his obligation to Spielberg to do one. He should just stand aside for someone else to get it made instead.

I'm sure he had fun on the first one, and has at least an idle interest in making another Tintin, but yeah I'm not sensing a burning desire on his part. Like old Nick said, at this point would they even really bother to keep the same team involved? 

23 hours ago, John said:

Did anyone else read the quote in their mind with Peter Jackon's voice picturing him editing film while reclining on a couch?

This announcement has sparked my interest. I'm going to watch the first film for the first time and then listen to the score, hoping Williams will return.

1 minute ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

This announcement has sparked my interest. I'm going to watch the first film for the first time and then listen to the score, hoping Williams will return.

I think you'll find yourself in for a ride!

1 minute ago, The Illustrious Jerry said:

Good ride?

I go to the movie theater on average once or twice a year. With Tintin, I went four times, each with a different crowd that I pulled along. The most fun I had in a movie theater ever. I was probably responsible for half of its American gross!

Nice. Looking forward a lot now.

I don't go to theatres a lot either. This year it's been Solo, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and eventually First Man. I hardly ever surpass more than the typical Star Wars movie, historical drama, and action adventure movie (in this case it was Jurassic too).

3 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

All because there's a large time gap, though, doesn't mean they're actively working on it or taking their time on it the whole span of time. 

Also--and I say this generally, not dissing you at all--I think a deep fallacy that has permeated our lives is that the longer you work on something, the better it will turn out to be. Taking one's time should mean exactly that: taking the right amount of time one needs to deliver to the best of their abilities, be that a little or lot. I don't know abou'ch'all, but if I'm taking a long time on something, it's because I'm really struggling with mental disorders that instill a lot of doubt and fear that pollute the--really rather simple, if you look at these things--process of what I'm working on. 

I'm sure he had fun on the first one, and has at least an idle interest in making another Tintin, but yeah I'm not sensing a burning desire on his part. Like old Nick said, at this point would they even really bother to keep the same team involved? 

Yes, but I'd rather PJ wasn't harangued by a studio pressuring them to make a sequel in any case - which was probably what happened.

On your point of them not actively working on it over a period of time, to use Incredibles 2 as an example again, Brad Bird said he came back to the sequel when he felt it was right to make it, citing that working on other projects allowed him some breathing room and that it wasn't a sequel made out of necessity, but one of a creative passion. So he wasn't working on it over the course of 15 years, but felt it was right to return.

PJ was already planning The Hobbit around the time of Tintin, with pre-production already on the go. I'd say if he didn't have those films to do, we would've seen a Tintin sequel sooner.

I’m not a fan in the slightest, but just like it was interesting to see Steven Spielberg tackle an animated feature, so too will it be with Jackson. I’m on-board!

On 10/6/2018 at 11:04 PM, John said:

Glad to hear it hasn't been forgotten about! I am still looking forward to another one very much.

The first one was tremendous fun; most adventure I've ever seen fit into a single film!

With some good effects, creative cinematography and John Williams doing his usual great job.

What more could there be to wish for? :D

On 10/8/2018 at 8:29 AM, Stefancos said:

Fixed.

So you're allowed to do that to other posts, but Kasey isn't allowed to do it to your posts... interesting....

Yes, one forum member asked another forum member for a favor.  Since no forum rules were broken, there is no reason for the moderating staff to get involved.  You chose to ask someone not to do that to your posts, while feeling you have the right to continue to do it to whoever else you want.  Kasey chose not to do the favor you asked of him.  There is no need for moderator intervention until someone breaks the rules of this message board.

Because you want to give it out but can't take it back in return?

Do you really not see how hypocritical you are being?

You didn't break any rules by "fix"ing Bespin's post above, and Kasey didn't break any rules by "fix"ing yours.   

No moderation intervention required.

• 5 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

One thing's for sure, there is a 0% chance it would be scored by Williams.  Maybe it would be Junkie XL now that he has a relationship with WingNut Films ;) 

At least he’s better than that Geewhizchino!