A Leitmotif inspired Piece I wrote (I tried to be Williams-esque in sound)

ComposerEthan

So yeah, this was a piece I wrote for my friends (since they think everything I write sounds like a "hot airballoon ride".

I explored the concept of leitmotif and having each cue have its own theme (as Williams does).

I'm posting it on this website because, well almost everyone here is a John Williams fan, and I'm sure you'll be able to find each theme of the characters/scenes on your own (based on extensive cue/soundtrack analysis I've found here.)

Here is a more detailed list of each cue featured in the score:

Opening Fanfare (

-
)

Introduction of the Hero and the Glance (

-

)

Setting Up and Take Off (

-

)

Flight of The Dirigibles (

-

)

Death (

-
)

The Villain's Airship (

-

)

Stare Down (

-

)

The Chase Scene (

-

)

Hero In Trouble (

-

)

Flames!(

-

)

Victory! (

-

)

Peering Over The Edge (

-

)

What's That? (

-

)

Ascension (

-

)

The Audience Waits (

-
)

Return (

-

)

Hero Fanfare (

-

)

Race Fanfare (

-end)

In the song, there are about three distict themes featured throughout the score:

The Race Fanfare

The Hero's Theme

The Airship

See if you can find each theme, as they are occasionally hidden!

This is a sort of challenge for you Williams fans out there and a way to get my work critiqued by trained ears!

Just so you know, I'm only 16, stopped playing piano years ago. It was written on Finale 2009 by hand, since I have no keyboard/midi cable.

Enjoy!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just click edit on your post and delete the extra spaces

BTW for future reference, no need to use HTML Mode and <embed > commands to put in a youtube video. All you gotta do is post the URL of the video and the board software will automatically embed it for you

Wow, you're only 16 years old?

If so, that is quite impressive what you wrote. The opening minutes sound a bit like Williams in his fanfare mode. First the splashes, then the longer melody lines.

Hopefully, you'll get better sampling equipment as time goes by, to make it sound less MIDI and more "real".

Haha, yes I'm only 16! I wish I had more training in piano and theory though..compared to my current "none".

Thank you! And yes, I do hate the MIDI sound..if you were to look at the score I wrote, it's very weird to read if you were going to play it in real life (as in FFFFs and lots of staccato, addeed to make it sound "real").