How obsessed are you with editing expanded SW Prequel scores

King Mark

53 members have voted

1. 1. How obsessed are you

• I go into an editing frenzy for several days after new files come out and even forget to eat and sleep
    • I let others do it for me (can't edit, too lazy, no patience)
    • I'll wait untill official releases come out to listen to expanded Prequel scores
    • I have no interest in the SW prequel scores
    • I do only a bit of casual editing of the major unreleased cues

Remember how we got A.I. - Artificial Intelligence? - Williams was not very delighted about that Promo-Double-Disc-Version. And now, how could he not hate that More-Than-60-Partly-Tinily-Tiny-Tracks-Crap? Matessino could use the same argument here, at least to convince Williams.

On 1/14/2017 at 10:55 PM, Manikin Skywalker said:

It's not really that hard, as I said in my last comment. It just takes a while to sort-though and rename all the files. I don't even use the spreadsheets, I rename everything by memory. After that, the editing part is pretty straight-forward.

Yeah, I guess once others have figured out the order all you need is the skill of crossfading, etc.

5 hours ago, Will said:

Yeah, I guess once others have figured out the order all you need is the skill of crossfading, etc.

Exactly. Often times I'd have to figure out the order myself, but now with all the sheet music leaked and the billions of fan edits, it's much easier to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/16/2017 at 0:49 AM, Manikin Skywalker said:

Isolated scores suck. I'm glad I got the UE because it includes a lot more music, but the presentation is horrendous. What's worse is the way it was marketed. "Every note recorded for the film" my !@#$%^&*!

I don't have the UE to hand but wasn't the claim "every note John Williams composed"? That claim can never, ever be fulfilled given a sizeable chunk of reel 6 went unrecorded.