BloodBoal

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in peace Bob Anderson. You did great work in the Star Wars saga and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

I wonder how the Hobbit will be affected by this? will the swordfighting be different than LOTR?

He didn't work on The Hobbit, so, as K.K. said, the fighting style was bound to be different. And there isn't that much fighting in The Hobbit anyway.

"The Hobbit (2012): Sword Master"

Source: Wikipedia

• 4 weeks later...

The swordfight in The Princess Bride is my favorite movie swordfight

Btw how is that movie? Is it worth a watch? Btw, is it realistic or very cheesy, is it too 80-ies or watchable for a modern audience?

It's a fairy tale story.

This i know. But is there an acceptable level of verisimilitude? And is it very dated or still enjoyable to watch today?

It's a fairy tale story.

This i know. But is there an acceptable level of verisimilitude? And is it very dated or still enjoyable to watch today?

Watch it. Even if you don't love it, you won't feel like your time was wasted.

It's a fairy tale story.

No irony? (Just to be sure :))

is it realistic or very cheesy, is it too 80-ies or watchable for a modern audience?

It has comedic elements, and the music is a bit 80s synthish sounding, but its pretty good.

It's a fairy tale story.

No irony? (Just to be sure :))

It's a pleasant movie. :)

I've been explained that the swordfight in The Princess Bride is very good, better than most "serious" fake swordfighting in movies, despite being comedic and including a fencing joke or two.

I saw that film when I was a kid and loved it then. Saw it recently and I didn't know what to think.

Btw how is that movie? Is it worth a watch? Btw, is it realistic or very cheesy, is it too 80-ies or watchable for a modern audience?

I grew up watching it as a kid so I love it. If I saw it for the first time now as a 32 year old I dunno how I would like it. It's like Goonies in that regard.

It's not really 80s like, since its set in a fantasy world. It's not very cheesy either in my opinion. It's just funny!

Definitely worth a viewing. I saw it for the first time as a kid and didn't really get all the fuss...it took me a while to really get into it. Now I love it for its rather intentional cheesy off-ness. It's got some very quotable lines and memorable moments.

Um, The Phantom Menace had the best sword fighting of any movie I've seen.

Probably the most satisfying aspect of that movie.

Yep. Not necessarily the most realistic, but certainly the most fun to watch.