A loving ode to Jerry G

David Coscina

I composed this to demo a new sample library and wanted to do something different than the usual contemporary film score style. Also I hated Doyles score for the most recent Apes score and wanted to try my hand at what I would have preferred hearing.

http://soundcloud.com/dcoscina/rise-of-the-apes-mix

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's too short but very cool. Just laying the 90's counter trumpets against the atonal percussion gives you an idea how a young Goldsmith could've pumped this film into film music highs Doyle can only dream of.

You should resume posting more often here.

Thanks Blumenkohl. Truthfully though, I don't have much good things to say about 90% of the film music that's been released lately and I'm trying to avoid concentrating on negative posts which is why I've been reticent here and at FSM. I have been enjoying older re-releases like Wolfen and Great Train Robbery and especially the recent Chandos Moby Dick release by Herrmann. I've also been working on my own music more and I've been hired to compose some demos for a new string sample library so I'm pretty occupied these days...and that doesn't even account for my day job in which I got promoted to manager...busy busy

You should resume posting more often here.

Thanks Blumenkohl. Truthfully though, I don't have much good things to say about 90% of the film music that's been released lately and I'm trying to avoid concentrating on negative posts which is why I've been reticent here and at FSM. I have been enjoying older re-releases like Wolfen and Great Train Robbery and especially the recent Chandos Moby Dick release by Herrmann. I've also been working on my own music more and I've been hired to compose some demos for a new string sample library so I'm pretty occupied these days...and that doesn't even account for my day job in which I got promoted to manager...busy busy

I hear you. But I always stopped and read every word of your crazy mad man intelligent ramblings, even if a couple of them made me want to spend the evening replying with a seething responses! ;) So I've really noticed your absence. But alas as long as you keep poking your head in here, we'll be ok.

Good luck on your work(s), sounds exciting!