Random alternate universe poll: Indy or the Star Wars Prequels?

DigitalfreakNYC

Which would you rather have: Indy or the Prequels?   

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which trilogy would you rather have COMPLETE soundtracks for?

• The Star Wars Prequels
    • Indiana Jones (The original 3)

So I was daydreaming this morning and came up with this question:

If LLL/Intrada were going to release one of these "trilogies" with their respective complete scores, which would you rather have: the original Indiana Jones trilogy or the Star Wars prequels?

Just curious...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll go with SW Prequels

Although at this point, taking into account game file edits for the SW prequels, both are missing similar amounts of music

I'm "ok" with the Indy Concord Box set if you tweak it a bit with music from previous releases

And for Indy it's more KotCS I'd chose to get more music from right now

Prequels. I'm satisfied with the Indy box set, even though I wouldn't mind getting those complete as well.

I would go with Indy box, especially since people here are so fond of doing all their prequel edits. To take away all that fun from them.... ;)

Karol

Indiana Jones, thank you very much. I can listen to those a lot more times then I can anything Star Wars Prequels related.

The Prequels really made me re-evaluate my interest in anything Star Wars, and that unfortunately includes the lackluster (Prequel) scores.

Star Wars prequels.

I don't necessarily like the music over Indy (as a matter of fact IMO Indy beats them by twelve parasecs);

it's just that I can hear the Indy scores as they were intended in the films if I choose to. And everyone has still to hear any of the prequel scores as they were intended.

Prequels - and solely for RotS.

I'm pretty happy with the Indy box material, and what extra we need doesn't require any serious editing or sfx to achieve.

But I'd really like to hear Sith as originally intended, completely sfx-free. Amongst the filler there's some amazing material that I can't understand why Williams left off the album.

[edited]

Ok I just realized you are talking about the scores.

Actually it's a difficult question....

I think I go for the more smooth orchestration of the prequels, although compositionwise the brilliant action Scherzos of the 3 Indy's are better than anything in the prequels.

"Indiana Jones" all the way! I especially want the source music that accompanies the banquet, and, although I doubt that it's written by JW, I still want the percussion music heard on the bridge (right after Mola Ram says "welcome"). Having said that, "Approaching The Stones" alone is worth £25 of anyone's money!