Intrada releasing Cliff Eidelman's Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (2CD Complete) February 28th 2012

Faleel

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Star Trek VI is coming in march, 2 discs

Where did you hear that from?

You can't just post stuff like that without a source

Where did you hear that from?

There is nothing "official"

Brace yourself:

http://www.filmtrack...cgi?read=102807

http://filmscoremont...=6&r=601#bottom

Aparrently Star Trek VI is getting a 2 disc set in march (this is unconfirmed)
well, if cliff says so ... ^^

So this guy Craig Lysy met Cliff Eidelman and Eidelman said that ST6 was coming out?

Sure seems like it.

and if so, I wonder what Label would release it, Intrada, LLL, or perhaps even as one of FSM's final releases (somewhat unlikely)?

It could be any of the labels honestly. I wouldn't be surprised if each label got to do 2 of the original 6 scores: FSM the two Horners, LLL the two Goldsmiths, and Intrada 4 and 6

Someone on FSM says that someone on Filmtracks says that a complete 2 CD Trek 6 will be released in a few months!

http://filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=86421&forumID=1&archive=0

http://www.filmtracks.com/scoreboard/index.cgi?read=102807

If Star Trek VI does come out in March I'll definitely buy it. All though the main body of the score itself will fit onto one disc easily. I'm betting Disc 1 will be the complete score, with Disc 2 being the album and alternates. Some of the cues on the OST have choir in places that weren't present in the film versions.

I asked Cliff Eidelman about it when I was at the Dark Delicacies signing, and I think Craig was also there.

He told me:

- Trailer will be included (Yay !!!).

- 2 CD Set, complete, with all of the alternates. (Obviously not be every take, but will likely include every version).

- Released through Universal/Intrada (Intrada has a good thing going with Universal, who own MCA's catalog).

- He told me probably "Next month", though it's always tentative until release day, as per the nature of the business.

Craig is a recently-added reviewer on Movie Music UK (mostly Golden Age scores, so he was all over Morgan and Stromberg at the event), and a nice guy.

You have to really think that the weird rights issues for TMP have been sorted out since 2-6 have all now come out (or are about to)

TMP could be the release of the year! I mean we have the whole thing via recording sessions leak, but to be able to hear it all in perfect sound quality would be bliss.

The boot's one of those weird cases where it sounds better than the OST (Matinee's another one of them). For that reason, I never paid much attention to the OST assembly, but point is, with two discs, could that be on there? Presumably with better sound quality.

Yeah, I was talking about VI. TMP's sounds... inferior. And the '99 expansion doesn't sound all that great either. Imagine it with the kind of sound quality that The Great Train Robbery currently enjoys... wow.

I strongly suspect CD 1 will be the complete score from the film, perhaps starting with the Trailer.

CD 2 is likely to start with the OST, then be followed by the alternates etc., perhaps including the Trailer if not on CD 1.

This is based on Star Trek III and Star Trek V.

It is also highly likely that all of the music will be remastered from the original tapes.

TMP actually has stunning sound quality in general, and is well known for that.

However, it will likely be remastered properly as well.

Yeah, I was talking about VI. TMP's sounds... inferior. And the '99 expansion doesn't sound all that great either. Imagine it with the kind of sound quality that The Great Train Robbery currently enjoys... wow.

You must be mentally retarded or deaf! (probably both)

The 1999 release sounds great!

Is there anything that could be in this new set (besides the trailer) that is/was not on the OST and Boot?

A Good Start chief among them, it lacks power.

Ummm, thats kinda the point?

The finale of the score is supposed to sound like it came from a substandard source?

And I suppose next you'll tell me the missing choir on the deluxe Trek '09 is an artistic choice.

Is there anything that could be in this new set (besides the trailer) that is/was not on the OST and Boot?

One cue I know of that is missing from both is the cue for the crew tearing out the walls, and rummaging through the ship looking for the boots and uniforms used by the assassins.

Also, the OST and the BOOT have different versions of about a third (I guess) of the cues shared between them.

The finale of the score is supposed to sound like it came from a substandard source?

Its supposed to sound like a version of "The Enterprise" with stripped back orchestration, yes....

Really? Some of the tracks on the '99 release are disappointing for me. A Good Start chief among them, it lacks power.

I seem to remember that particular cue came from a different source than most of the cues.

That is one of the few cues that does sound slightly inferior. But MOST of it sounds great.

A Good Start doies sound like it comes from a lower quality source, but this cue is also has "less power" than The Enterprise because of the stripped back orchestration.

I all ready suggested on the last page that Disc 1 could be the complete score with Disc 2 being the album and alternates. As I said some of the OST cues featured choir that was not present in the film IE: Rura Penthe.

"The Search" (after Chekov asked, "All uniforms?") is missing from the boot. I had to use rear channel DVD rips for that. Hopefully that'll be on there too.

And the website confirms it will be Intrada!

Eidelman's breakthrough into public conciousness came with his score Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country (1991), a stylish and powerful score that elicited a great deal of attention and acclaim. Star Trek VI continues to not only be a favorite among fans but is rated in teh top 30 best film scores on "Filmtrtacks.com" which has a view rating of 1,500 film score spanning several decades. In February of 2012 Universal/Intrada Records will re-release this score.

Source: http://www.cliffeidelman.com/index2.html

I'm sure Intrada can deal with the "nagging" ;)

The moment it comes online, 1 (one) copy will be purchased. It will be mine. :)

Indeed. Hopefully it will be one of the February 7th titles. If it is I'll do a direct order from Intrada.

I'm betting it will be an MAF release too since the OST has been OOP for a while.