Any news on the state of health of Jerry Goldsmith?

King Mark

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last I hear was he was undergoing 6 months of chemo therapy.

KM, your a doctor, do you happen to know what medical conditions OTHER then cancer requires chemotherapy as a cure?

Stefancos- who has not heard from any official source that it's cancer, so remains hopefull. :?

I read at http://www.scorecentral.net that Goldsmith is fine and it was a hoax in fact it said

"Reported by: Joseph Bat - Sunday May 12th, 2002

Source: None

The reports going around the internet about Goldsmiths health happen to be false. The word from Goldsmiths press is that he is in great health and actually quite fine."

If I remeber right the person who runs Score Central actually visits here. I hope he doesn't mind me quoting his site! :? but hey I put a link!! :)

Brain, a few weeks ago I attended a concert in London that was supposed to have been conducted by Goldsmith.

Before his replacement came on the stage an announcer from the LSO told the audience that goldsmith could not conduct the planned series of concerts because he's undergoing 6 months of chemo therapy.

Also, Goldsmith's assistent, Lois Carruth has said that Goldsmith is sick, although she did not go into details, just saying that he's was still working on THE SUM OF ALL FEARS and is still slated for STAR TREK 10.

This is no internet rumour.

Stefancos- who hopes Jerry wil be OK.

I was so happy to read that it was a internet junk. But now that Stefancos brought this to my attention I feel like crap! :) but at least Goldsmith is still getting to do things. I certainly hope he'll be ok!

Also, Goldsmith's assistent, Lois Carruth has said that Goldsmith is sick, although she did not go into details, just saying that he's was still working on THE SUM OF ALL FEARS and is still slated for STAR TREK 10.

Exactly. She didn't deny the chemotherapy reports, but said that he is doing fine and his health concerns are NOT life-threatening and are treated quite successfully.

Marian - who wishes Jerry all the best.

:music: Small Soldiers (Jerry Goldsmith)

All best for a speedy recovery. He is great. I went to a few scoring sessions with him and Sandy's Orchestra. Loved it. I hope he is back on his feet soon!!!

KM, your a doctor, do you happen to know what medical conditions OTHER then cancer requires chemotherapy as a cure?

No.

And Marian,cancer is cancer and much harder to cure in the elderly(Goldsmith is around 73-74 ,right?) than in younger patients because of naturaly diminished immune system capacity,so don't be so optimistic.And improvement doesn't mean cure by any means,it could be very temporary.Chemotherapy also POSSIBLY indicates it's not an isolated tumor that can be removed surgically(unless he did go under surgery and this is just preventive for a recurence).

K.M.Not so sure he should have posted this.

I've heard he's doing OK now and that he's lightening his work schedule because he was getting a little stressed.

He is doing much better, though.

Director - who loves The Sum Of All Fears