La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

HookLLL.jpg

Have to fly. Have to fight. Have to crow. Have to get it to the printers. . . then have to get it to the manufacturer. Hook is back! ;)

Orders will begin March 27, 2012 at 1 pm pst

Retail Price: $29.98

More information to follow in the coming weeks

Source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150704382223755&set=a.181243738754.155532.56031953754&type=1&theater

I am waiting for this announcement since October 2000. Then I learned about the Concorde boot, which I was dissapointed about the sound quality.

The next weeks could be very looooong....

As I've already said, I'm more than content with the old Epic release (I even think that is a bit on the long side), but I gotta say one thing -- that cover blows the old one out of the water! If memory serves, it was the same they had on one of the old boots, but this one seems more slick.

As I've already said, I'm more than content with the old Epic release (I even think that is a bit on the long side), but I gotta say one thing -- that cover blows the old one out of the water! If memory serves, it was the same they had on one of the old boots, but this one seems more slick.

Tell you what. You buy it, send me the discs, and you can keep the liner notes and cover, okay? Okay.

~*~

(Garfio is Spanish for hook. I figured but had to look it up.)

I've always hated how Tinker Bell sticks out in that poster...

I have one of his books, and if memory serves he had to do that after finishing the original piece. He also talks about how Dustin Hoffman had him over to his house to share ideas how Hook should look on the poster.

1941 (2CD) was 30 dollars. And from what I understand, there's just enough music to fit on two CDs.

Course, I wouldn't mind a third of the remastered OST, but I won't mind holding onto my Epic CD either.

So, where's BloodBoal now?

La-La-Land did just throw a massive spanner in his plans! It was

funny - but just for 3 hours.

So, next time, BloodBoal, if you think you've developed another

witty prank - you should rather shut up, right? Just remember my

words.

So, where's BloodBoal now?

La-La-Land did just throw a massive spanner in his plans! It was

funny - but just for 3 hours.

So, next time, BloodBoal, if you think you've developed another

witty prank - you should rather shut up, right? Just remember my

words.

March 26, 2012

We regret to inform you all that La La Land will not be going through with our Hook release due to unforeseen circumstances. While I am not able to share with you who or what has caused this unfortunate situation, I will apologize to all those who believed that we could fly...we can't.

To make up for this disappointing affair, please enjoy an expansive 4CD release of James Newton Howard's score for Peter Pan!

- MV

With still a month to go, and probably no material from the original Peter Pan musical,

my exitement for this release is rather restrained. At least we can replace the Concorde

boot, now.

With probably no material from the original Peter Pan musical, my exitement for this release is rather restrained.

I thought that that was debunked as a rumor and that there was no musical or something...

oh no!!!! why do the labels always choose the worse days for release? in march 26-30 im going to be isolated on some mountains...

No worries! I will buy 2 copies for both of us!

(I am joking, so don't hold me to this!)

:drool: Woo! I haven't been this excited since Varese Sarabande released Family Plot. Thanks you, LLL!!!!!

I kinda like the OST cover more, but this one definitely better fits the film and score. As for the discage, I think we can expect 3 CDs. 2 for the score, and 1 with the OST. The ultimate treat would be if LLL took the time to record some of the songs from the musical, but I'm not expecting that.

Are we dreaming?

If we are, then life is a dream. (cue the Star Trek theme).

BTW I agree with Jason regarding the artwork.

I used the same artwork but wasn't sure how to make it look good.

DRY LAND HOOK IS NOT A MYTH.

I have little-to-no money and rarely (if ever) buy these specialty releases, but... yeah. I'll be F5ing their site as soon as I wake up that morning and I'll keep clicking until I can shove my money through the interwebs and down their throat.