La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

Buying a "backup" copy for yourself when there's sure to be a good amount of people to be missing out on this or forced to buy on EBay for ungodly prices seems awfully selfish if you ask me.

So? That's what every dealer does, isn't it? And 2 copies, boohoo! No biggie. There will be guys who will be buying 20 copies just to make a few bucks on ebay.

And that's messed up too. Unless you're buying for a friend that can't be sure to get one before they sell out, I see no need to get multiple copies for yourself. That's just screwing someone else out of one.

These days most people do their listening in digital format anyway. CDs are something most people rip and then they are more a storage for music. I admit that I listen to mp3s more than my precious CD collection. So why buy two of limited set for yourself and indeed rob others the chance to get it.

wow.. what's that short fanfare in Pirates? Is that when Smee "unfolds" the red carpet? Never noticed that music before..is that an alternate?

Good ears :)

Cool though it sounds quite abrupt on the LLL site's sample clip.

Buying a "backup" copy for yourself when there's sure to be a good amount of people to be missing out on this or forced to buy on EBay for ungodly prices seems awfully selfish if you ask me.

So? That's what every dealer does, isn't it? And 2 copies, boohoo! No biggie. There will be guys who will be buying 20 copies just to make a few bucks on ebay.

And that's messed up too. Unless you're buying for a friend that can't be sure to get one before they sell out, I see no need to get multiple copies for yourself. That's just screwing someone else out of one.

Aren't you rather making a mountain out of a mole hill?

Over a freaking CD for Pete's sake! :rolleyes:

And anyway, if everybody bought only 1 copy, HOOK will probably never sell out.

Yes, I got a shipping notice. :cheer:

Man that was fast! Still waiting for mine...

wow.. what's that short fanfare in Pirates? Is that when Smee "unfolds" the red carpet? Never noticed that music before..is that an alternate?

How about the sample here? http://www.jwfan.com/?p=2614

Just got my shipping notice!!!

That's the advantage of ordering straight from LLL. They ship really quickly in these cases.

Not buying this.

Waiting for the definitive edition.

Hey, maybe the complete Hook will be announced on Black Friday and this is just a tie-in marketing stunt. ;)

Karol

Damn! Shipping already!

No, just caring to think about other people besides myself. But I've said my peace.

How about the sample here? http://www.jwfan.com/?p=2614

Wow, where'd that come from! Man, I'll be listening all night...

Not buying this.

Waiting for the definitive edition.

BloodBoal, could it be that you still don't BELIEVE?!?

Maybe its my turn to the butt-kicking :P

;) I see..!

MAN.. the new choir overlay is beautiful. but am I the onlyone who notices some audioanomalities with the swordfight music? Or am I just soo used to the old DVD rip that I'm imagening things?? ..

Well after listening to that unreleased music in THat quality, I don't really care for the food-insert :)

The old OST cover was always one of my favorites. Like Karol said, simple is sometimes the best.

I agree, simple but very effective.

BTW, I'd love to be in the LLL office right now. The excitement and buzz of watching all those orders coming in must be wonderful.

No, just caring to think about other people besides myself. But I've said my peace.

Well, then maybe you should donate your 30 bucks for a good cause, perhaps.

And I've said my piece too.

End of discussion.

BTW, I'd love to be in the LLL office right now. The excitement and buzz of watching all those orders coming in must be wonderful.

Those guys are working their asses off right now! They're gonna be ready to drop once the day is over, but it's all worth it.

Just got my shipping notice!!!

That's the advantage of ordering straight from LLL. They ship really quickly in these cases.

Indeed, but I just ordered the FSM Ben-Hur set with Hook on SAE, so I thought I might as well get them together :P

am I the onlyone who notices some audioanomalities with the swordfight music? Or am I just soo used to the old DVD rip that I'm imagening things?? ..

It's very apparent when listening to the new CD that the second half of the Ultimate War was taken from the music-only stem of the film itself. Since Matt Verboys and MV Gerhard said on Tim's radio show that they initially could not find the Ultimate War material when they found all the other master recordings, one can assume that they never did find them and had to resort to using the film stem as a last resort.

If the samples are any indication, I think the sound quality is slightly better than on the Epic release (which itself wasn't that bad)!

I am hoping on the same level as HA2! :)

My notice of shipment has arrived as well. So we're looking at... Friday, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky.

...is it Thursday yet?

My notice of shipment has arrived as well. So we're looking at... Friday, maybe Thursday if I'm lucky.

...is it Thursday yet?

Lucky you, I have to wait at least a week.

Got my shipping notice as well, but based on previous LLL orders, shipping to Germany will take 4 - 6 weeks...

Really? That's long. I've never had to wait that long. It's rediculous.

ooh! Any other treats like this to be found?

Got my shipping notice as well, but based on previous LLL orders, shipping to Germany will take 4 - 6 weeks...

When I lived in Poland it took about exactly two weeks (sometimes even less). Can't see why it should take longer in your case.

Karol

am I the onlyone who notices some audioanomalities with the swordfight music? Or am I just soo used to the old DVD rip that I'm imagening things?? ..

It's very apparent when listening that the second half of the Ultimate War was taken from the music-only stem of the film itself. Since Matt Verboys and MV Gerhard said on Tim's radio show that they initially could not find the Ultimate War material when they found all the other master recordings, one can assume that they never did find them and had to resort to using the film stem as a last resort.

wow..for real? oh sorry, didn't listen to the show... so the ultimate war is lost? interesting -seems like it was lost for quiet some time now.. the original bootleg doesn't have it and that is said to originate from an AMPAS promo..

It's very apparent when listening that the second half of the Ultimate War was taken from the music-only stem of the film itself. Since Matt Verboys and MV Gerhard said on Tim's radio show that they initially could not find the Ultimate War material when they found all the other master recordings, one can assume that they never did find them and had to resort to using the film stem as a last resort.

What crummy luck. Somehow typical fate for film music. Preservation of these materials doesn't come as a priority in big companies apparently.

Looooove the "Exit Music"! :music:

It is pretty great isn't it. :)

With luck and no post office frak ups I'll have mine by the end of the week.

Hopefully by some small miracle I'll have mine on Friday. All though realistically I'm not expecting it until Saturday.

Really? That's long. I've never had to wait that long. It's rediculous.

Yeah, lately most LLL orders took that long for me... Ordered "Batman Forver" when it was released (January 4th), it shipped the next day and I got it at the end of February.

What crummy luck. Somehow typical fate for film music. Preservation of these materials doesn't come as a priority in big companies apparently.

I agree with Incanus, it's sad but true.

SAE might not ship immediately but they usually take only about from 1 week to 2 max to deliver to Finland. Fast and reliable.

Looooove the "Exit Music"! :music:

It is pretty great isn't it. :)

I wonder why they didn't use it, though...

Could it be that this sounded a bit too much like a musical? Still, awesome, fantastic.

SAE might not ship immediately but they usually take only about from 1 week to 2 max to deliver to Finland. Fast and reliable.

They won't, like Movie Music they have to wait to get their orders from La-La Land before they can ship it to people who ordered from their site.

I thought I heard some of the volume level issues on the radio broadcast, but this will still be far superior to the DVD rips--not just the improved quality, but there are also instrumental details I had no idea were there, such as the percussion at the end of the sample for Ultimate War I (a nice touch of continuity from previous Lost Boys music).