La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

Well the fact that the sound quality is so good you can hear stuff like that means that the music itself sound really good too :)

Well the fact that the sound quality is so good you can hear stuff like that means that the music itself sound really good too :)

Well, yes, you have a point!

Still, I thought that cough was a bit distracting. To be honest, when I first listened to that sample, I couldn't help but wonder whether that was supposed to be there... like it was part of the piece. :lol:

Got mine today! Will be listening to it in 2-3 hours.

You're kidding! :blink:

Or do you live in California, right across from the La-La Land Building?

The LLL set doesn't feature the same take that the film does. In the film take there is no cough

Still, I thought that cough was a bit distracting. To be honest, when I first listened to that sample, I couldn't help but wonder whether that was supposed to be there... like it was part of the piece. :lol:

Maybe ;)

The LLL set doesn't feature the same take that the film does. In the film take there is no cough

Yes. I wonder why the film take didn't make it on the LLL set, though...

Maybe ;)

How about you post a pic of you unpacking your HOOK CD, or we won't believe ya! :P

Well I know a friend over at Filmtracks who lives almost right across the La La Land building, he already had the release yesterday while we were freaking out in the Hook frenzy!

Well I know a friend over at Filmtracks who lives almost right across the La La Land building, he already had the release yesterday while we were freaking out in the Hook frenzy!

Well, he probably just sauntered over and picked up his copy himself!

Lucky bastard.

...while we were freaking out in the Hook frenzy!

Yes, that's exactly what we were doing! :lol:

It's actually pretty interesting to compare the different takes used between the film itself, the OST, the various boots, and the LLL CD. Some have a flubbed note others don't, or a more emotional performance of a certain part, or whatever. Then you got differences like that cool fanfare in Pirates! on the LLL set that was never on the old boots (and also wasn't in the film)

It's actually pretty interesting to compare the different takes used between the film itself, the OST, the various boots, and the LLL CD. Some have a flubbed note others don't, or a more emotional performance of a certain part, or whatever. Then you got differences like that cool fanfare in Pirates! on the LLL set that was never on the old boots (and also wasn't in the film)

Well, I only hope no take with a flubbed note made it on the LLL release or into the film!

A cough or rustle of the pages is one thing, but a flubbed note is slightly more serious, IMO. Although if it's barely noticeable I can live with that too...

You've got friends at Filmtracks? What are you doing here? Get out of this forum!

I knew I should have omitted that word :P

That sounds so awesome...curse time for running so slow...I want my HOOK!!

Before this release was announced, I had seen the movie only once from start to finish!

But I rewatched the movie twice in the past couple of months... so I know a little more what I am listening to... :P

I watch it once every few years or so. I watched it recently when I got the blu ray for Christmas

"

Posted:   Mar 28, 2012 - 9:41 PM   

By:   La La Land Records   (Member)

First run of 2500 units are spoken for. Just about everyone who ordered directly from us as of 9 am pst this morning will have their order processed and shipped as quickly as possible.

All other orders will have to wait until the second run comes in later next week.

We tried to accomodate as many wholesale dealers as well but a lot of them will only have limited stock for now until the next run comes back in stock.

All in all, I would say 3700 units are spoken for already (that number includes some of the additional units coming in early April).

MV"

First run of 2500 units are spoken for. Just about everyone who ordered directly from us as of 9 am pst this morning will have their order processed and shipped as quickly as possible.

All other orders will have to wait until the second run comes in later next week.

We tried to accomodate as many wholesale dealers as well but a lot of them will only have limited stock for now until the next run comes back in stock.

All in all, I would say 3700 units are spoken for already (that number includes some of the additional units coming in early April).

MV

Source: http://filmscoremont...?threadID=87886

Wow 3700 units sold in 24 hours!!!

For a long time I was quite indifferent to Hook, I admit - movie and soundtrack.

Only in the last couple of years (as people seem to hold this score in such high regard), I warmed up to it. And now it's one of my favorite scores...

"

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 - 9:41 PM

By: La La Land Records (Member)

MV"

Wow!! :blink:

Indeed. Its almost really hard to believe they went out so fast. So how long do you think it'll take to sell the remaining remaining 1300 copies? :P

And I can't believe I have to wait till next week for my copy...I guess thats what I get for ordering from SAE...

Okay, I wonder when the first copies start showing up on amazon marketplace and ebay....

They are already there at "normal" prices, the $100+ prices will start showing up as soon as MV announces its sold out.

I tried to watch the film recently and couldn't get through it. And I've never been able to fully appreciate the OST. Nevertheless, I ordered LLL's set because you guys seem to love it so damn much.

Nah, I think majority of collectors got their hands on an order last night. The rate will definitely slow down a lot now. I think its possible that this might drag on for a few weeks or so.

The OST hit a lot of the highlights (for me, at least), but with this score, just about everything is gold so I'm happy to have more of it.

The clips were good; much too short tho! ;)

Yea, every track is really good in Hook, there are none that I skip

Awesome!

The last 1300 will be gone within the week, I predict

Do keep in mind a majority of our sales are front loaded and usually take place within the first 48 hours. After that its cricket city. (Think opening weekend Box Office)

This is on par with Trek V and Batman 1989 sales.

MV

That is a great point - most people who want to own this CD will have ordered it within the first 48 hours. Especially with all the extra promotion they did with the interviews, radio shows, JWFan, etc - pretty much EVERYONE who would want to own this CD knows about it. As opposed to a lot of other CDs where it takes a while for the casual fans of something to learn about its existence.

You make good points, but not everyone interested in Hook's music keeps tabs on this stuff the way we (the hardcore obsessives) do. While I'd like a certain amount to stick around (if more people can get it for the retail price, all the better), Hook's a pretty popular title. The kind of drop-off MV's analogy hints at is usually reserved for stuff like Spider-Man 3, where word-of-mouth causes massive drops. :D I'm expecting a fairly quick sell-out.

Of course, if 3700 copies sold in the first 24 hours, its conceivable the last 1300 could go in the first 48 :)

Looks like I'll be waiting a little bit longer to get mine. SAE order still showing as pending. Probably should have ordered direct from LLL :P

Looks like I'll be waiting a little bit longer to get mine. SAE order still showing as pending. Probably should have ordered direct from LLL :P

Well ya SAE has to wait to get their order from LLL before they can ship their orders out to people.