La-La Land Records' HOOK (2CD Expanded) Anticipation thread

Jay

I should hope not.

I ordered direct from LLL. It came in a padded envelope with bubble-wrapped lining, but was not bubble-wrapped in of itself. I guess until we're royalty like LeBlanc, we'll just have to make do with shrink wrap.

I ordered direct from LLL. It came in a padded envelope with bubble-wrapped lining, but was not bubble-wrapped in of itself.

Yeah, that's the way they usually do it...

I ordered direct from LLL. It came in a padded envelope with bubble-wrapped lining, but was not bubble-wrapped in of itself.

Yeah, that's the way they usually do it...

I ordered two copies though, remember. ;)

I ordered two copies though, remember. ;)

You mean one from SAE, and the other from LLL?

No, both from SAE. That might explain the most conundrum evoking mystery of extra bubble-wrap. :lol:

I'd be interesting to know how many of the 5,000 copies went to North America, Europe, Asia, etc.

Anybody care to guess?

I'd say less than 500 probably went/will go to Europe... and the bulk of the stock probably remained within the U.S.

No, both from SAE. That might explain the most conundrum evoking mystery of extra bubble-wrap. :lol:

Well better too much bubble wrap than too little!

The other scores I did order from SAE (which also shipped mega-quickly) were lovingly bubble-wrapped.

So what are you gonna listen to first? :P

Just got it! Very fast delivery indeed!!

Edit: Damn! Mikko got it earlier! ;)

LLL or SAE?

Cracked or not?

:P

I think you're cracked.

I'm just curious and worried!

I did tell you guys that both my copies of Home Alone and 1941 came with damaged cases, right?

Well it is a legitimate concern then. You should expect your packages to arrive in good condition but when a CD case arrives cracked I replace it with a new one. Easy as that. Postal service is the culprit most of the time, handling packages badly, not the lack of bubble-wrap. Shame in any case.

Mine was from LLL, came in brilliant condition. Sounds also brilliant!

Yes it does. I am in the middle of the first portion of the Ultimate War. Nothing to complain about yet.

Well it is a legitimate concern then. You should expect your packages to arrive in good condition but when a CD case arrives cracked I replace it with a new one. Easy as that. Postal service is the culprit most of the time, handling packages badly, not the lack of bubble-wrap. Shame in any case.

Well, that's what I did with Home Alone, although with 1941 I didn't even bother (the corner was broken, that's all, and the case still closed).

Still, it's a pain.

Great timing in delivery indeed, I'm driving to North-Karelia tomorrow, six hours.

Wow! Whatchoo gonna do there?

Probably JOHN CARTER. I'm going to sit down with HOOK later this afternoon.

Are you collecting Giacchino scores?

How many do you have already?

Mine has arrived today, in perfect condition, and in the standard envelope with built in bubble wrap. Can't wait to give it a spin this weekend!

I'm very much looking forward to listening to Hook.

For the very first time.

No kidding.

It's going to be a virgin experience for me. Not bad, huh?

I have heard Flight To Neverland. Once. When AotC was released because people said Across The Stars was a ripoff from Hook.

Can't remember it though.

Here is a quick idea I whipped up, if deleted scenes for Hook ever showed up, I would do a fan edit, and would add a Overture to the beginning:

Overture (Short Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTAjIX4iAY

Overture (Long Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZOOpvj_xDc

what do you guys think? which is better?

Here is a quick idea I whipped up, if deleted scenes for Hook ever showed up, I would do a fan edit, and would add a Overture to the beginning:

Overture (Short Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhTAjIX4iAY

Overture (Long Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZOOpvj_xDc

what do you guys think? which is better?

Personally, I like the second one better. The expanded version really gives more of a sense of the beauty of the score. The first one does but its just too short.

LOL

um...so today I got home to find my second copy of hook in the mail...but I didn't order this one? Anyone ever have this happen?

It's also funny, as the first order's case was perfectly fine, but this case was cracked. By the looks of it, the cd's broken too.

LOL

um...so today I got home to find my second copy of hook in the mail...but I didn't order this one? Anyone ever have this happen?

It's also funny, as the first order's case was perfectly fine, but this case was cracked. By the looks of it, the cd's broken too.

it must have been Josh500's copy

LOL

:lol:

Though we shouldn't laugh since it a serious thing, having the cracked CD cases.

I have never had the luck of receiving two deliveries of the same order from any internet retailer, although in your case the luck might not be that good if even the CDs appear to be broken. Talk about Josh's nightmare scenario.

I opened it - it was just the rip in the case. The cd's and booklet are fine, just a rip in the back seal and a cracked case (which I replaced)

Well now you have two copies of the release, and one of them was free. Awesome. :)

I opened it - it was just the rip in the case. The cd's and booklet are fine, just a rip in the back seal and a cracked case (which I replaced)

Well now you have two copies of the release, and of them was free. Awesome. :)

Any My japanese booklet came in for it today!

LOL

Now that you mention it... I am still waiting for my copy! :blink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :folder:

LOL

Seriously...

You should check your credit card statement. Maybe they charged for two copies!

Just out of curiosity what was the number of your order?

I'm asking because I didn't receive mine yet...

Karol

I still haven't gotten my shipping notice from LLL

Maybe you were part of the batch that's waiting from the last bit from the pressing plant. I'd still email LL and inquire about it. MV is great at replying.