The Complete Indiana Jones Blu-ray Collection Arrives This Fall!

I hate it when my post is last, or very near to last, on the previous page because I know some people will go to the last unread post which will take them to the next page.

I hope I am not repeating what someone else has already posted but I just found these on the website of one of our stores here in Australia which has two different releases.

One is the standard release 5 disc set for $79.00

http://www.jbhifionl...-edition/663751

and the other is a limited Deluxe Edition box set in the likeness of the grail diary or journal for $119.

http://www.jbhifionl...-edition/670699

The special features of the boxset includes the below:

The Deluxe Edition's oversized rigid outer box resembling Indian Jones’ journal including:

-Indian Jones Complete Adventures on Blu-ray

-144 Page Leather Journal

-Set of 4 Postcards

-Film Cell

-Club Obi-Wan Matchbook Replica

-Zepellin Tickets

-Pan America Ticket

-Menu from Pankot Palace

-Photo (Indy & Dad)

-Photo (Indy & Marion with message)

-A3 Sized Grail Rubbing

Special Features

Raiders of the Lost Ark Teaser Trailer

Raiders of the Lost Ark Theatrical Trailer

Raiders of the Lost Ark Re-Issue Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Teaser Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom Theatrical Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Teaser Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Teaser Trailer Theatrical Trailer

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Theatrical Trailer #2

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Theatrical Trailer #3

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Theatrical Trailer #4

On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark

- From Jungle to Desert

- From Adventure to Legend

Making the Films

-The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

-The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark

-The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

-The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

-The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Behind the Scenes

-The Stunts of Indiana Jones

-The Sound of Indiana Jones

-The Music of Indiana Jones

-The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones

-Raiders: The Melting Face!

-Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)

-Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)

-Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute

-Indy’s Friends and Enemies

-Iconic Props (Crystal Skull)

-The Effects of Indy (Crystal Skull)

-Adventures in Post Production (Crystal Skull)

Here's some more screenshot comparison from the 3 films.

apparently only Raiders has been changed over the HDTV.

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/144047

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/144048

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/144049

Someone at Bluray.com says that the HDTV was sharpened.

I always go back the the last post I remember reading

You know there's a little orange icon next to every thread that if you click it, it automatically brings you to the first post in the thread you haven't read, right?

Hmm, these shots looks pretty disappointing, but I'll wait for the official Blu-ray.com review before unleashing the Lucas rage. These just might be poor examples :-/

But wow - what a stunning image this is:

1347217639350.jpg

Fantastic. It's as if John Huston is making movies again.

Aparently this will have Deleted Scenes...

"tasty deleted scenes, alternate takes, and previously unseen footage of a boyish Spielberg in a Star Wars cap choreographing Raiders' now-iconic action sequences. Even better is the rare sight of Ford laughing at his inability to remember his lines and saying he only took the gig because he wasn't 'getting the scripts that the top 10 get'"

e336c248.jpg

Only for Raiders, sadly, but if this means we can see the extended bar scene, Sallah released from captivity, or even maybe Indy hanging onto the periscope, then right on!

I would like to see the full "No Ticket" and "Canyon of the Crescent Moon" sequences, though.

Yes, we seriously need to see the full No Ticket scene to understand how that whole score cue would have fit!

I don't remember what was cut from the Canyon of the Crescent Moon scene?

So far, I've heard just of additional Cairo swordsman deleted scenes, and scenes where Indy and Sallah get water for the Nazis. But as pointed out in the article in EW, there could be much more. I'm still hopeful for more, although it does sound like it will just be Raiders sadly.

Yes, we seriously need to see the full No Ticket scene to understand how that whole score cue would have fit!

Definitely. I'm guessing the last chunk of the cue was for Indy messing with the communications and punching out the Pat Roach gestapo character. I think the first chunk is trimmed a bit in film too, though, isn't it?

I don't remember what was cut from the Canyon of the Crescent Moon scene?

I believe there was a scene deleted where, at a distance, the gang sees the Nazis blowing open an entry into the temple.

Yea the cue is truncated, its like they completely recut the entire scene, and then just took the old cue and fit pieces in where it worked

I saw the standard version in store today but there is no mention of any deleted scenes on the back. We way I see it Deleted scenes are a major addition to the Special Features and if it's not specifically listed then they are not included.

Dean1700 and others, the same special collector's set (with the Grail diary replica) will be available in Great Britain as well-- £59.99 on amazon.co.uk the last time I checked, fairly recently.

Still now information on the uncut status of the British edition?

screenshot comparisons in all 3 films:

http://caps-a-holic....ID=1275#auswahl

http://caps-a-holic....ID=1274#auswahl

http://caps-a-holic....ID=1273#auswahl

it's better if you go to each picture, and click 1920x1080 fullscreen comparison, to see the comparison between dvd and Bluray.

Still I don't like the yellow filter of the Raiders bluray.

I wonder: had the other 2 movies been scanned from the original elements like raiders, would their color palette change too?

because now it's almost similar to the DVD.

No drastic change like Raiders.

You can really see how different Raiders can look in that shot of Indy drinking after the basket chase. Zoom on his face and do the comparison. I know the original version pretty well (although I still don't know whether the opening scene was too dark on DVD or too bright on VHS). But the original had truer colors to what they filmed, no? They played with shadows filming that movie, not so much the colors. The new version looks more...modern?

well ....

"According to Torsten Kaiser (TLEFilms Film Restoration, known from their restaurations of "M" and "Assault on Precinct 13") the new color scheme is much closer to the original negative than the copies (VHS, DVD, HDTV) before."

I got this set yesterday and watched the first three so far. Raiders does look piss yellow compared to the more natural colour palate of TOD and LC. Raiders on DVD looked more natural than this. It's got that weird golden metallic look that KOTCS had and it's distracting throughout. It looks beautifully detailed and the grain is intact, but the colour looks like someone put a piece of yellow cellophane on the camera lens.

I ordered the Collector's set from the UK last night, ater finding (through a comment on amazon, linking to http://www.indianajones.com/intl/uk/ ) that Temple of Doom will indeed be uncut:

Alongside this, for the first time ever on Blu-ray, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is presented in its uncut format 28 years after it was first released in cinemas. The original release was cut in 1984 in the UK to obtain a PG rating, however fans can now witness all the gory cut extras in all their glory.

obndy0001.gif

Does it have the scene where short round burns the guard and realizes that burning them breaks the spell? Its a deleted scene, but I read it was going to be included in the UK version. Don't believe it, but curious.

I ordered the Collector's set from the UK last night, ater finding (through a comment on amazon, linking to http://www.indianajones.com/intl/uk/ ) that Temple of Doom will indeed be uncut:

Alongside this, for the first time ever on Blu-ray, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is presented in its uncut format 28 years after it was first released in cinemas. The original release was cut in 1984 in the UK to obtain a PG rating, however fans can now witness all the gory cut extras in all their glory.

obndy0001.gif

I figured it wouldn't be, but this site indicates (although unclearly) that that scene was deleted for UK release, and therefore would be included. I didn't believe it, but was really hoping i was wrong. :)

...for the first time ever on Blu-ray, Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom is presented in its uncut format,...

The BBFC cuts were:

1. Cuts to a close-up of a heart being ripped from the chest and the subsequent self healing of the chest wound.
  2. The deletion of the line ‘Leave him alone you bastards’ when the Chinese kid is about to be whipped
  3. Deletion of the Chinese Kid burning a guard’s stomach with a flaming torch (and hence discovering an ability to heal)
  4. The sequence in which a sacrifice victim is being lowered into the fiery pit has been shortened and set to different music.
  5. Cut to the first 1s or 2s from the shot of his fall in order to delete the image of his head hitting the side of the cliff.

AwL32L7CEAMiZ3r.jpg

ROTFLMAO

But the only person "the chinese kid" burns on the stomach is "that American archeaologist who's always in the shit and needs a side kick to bail him out of trouble guy"

Any chance these new blu rays contain isolated score tracks as some kind of hidden easter egg?

Man, that would be sweet!!! Unfortunately I haven't read or seen anything to imply that, but hey who knows. Would sure love it! There does seem to be significant behind the scenes footage of Raiders, including 2 minutes of deleted scenes / bloopers from ToD and LC. My hunch is that's the extent of rare/unseen footage. Oh well. maybe in a couple years in the "ultimate", "Extreme", complete Indy Collection. :)

Under Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull:

Not one of the previous three films yield an overpowering grain structure, but all three are a bit more obvious to the eye than the one in The Crystal Skull. The film's grain is fine to say the least, and the picture has a slightly smoother, sometimes overly bright and nearly blown-out sheen about it, but there's no evidence of harmful scrubbing.

*cough*Kaminski*cough*

Did Lowry remaster these like the DVDs and Star Wars? They typically remove a lot of the grain and filmic elements in the image. They still leave some, but I got to wonder what they would look like with less tampering.

I have to get these, Jaws and Titanic. Maybe I'll just Amazon them all.

I noticed that watching Raiders last night, the music cue they say was cut from the film with the crate is their mixed in with the sound effects of the ark.
When was there not music there? Or was it just buried in the mix?

Maybe he's referring to a statement of Marion's theme that was replaced in the film with a low pitched electronic drone. If the music has been restored there, that's really interesting!

that's what I meant. I went back and listen to the dvd and it is absent from the mix. But on the blu ray it's there.

Serious? That's awesome! Restored music woohoo!

Curious to hear reviews of it

I don't care about all that junk inside, but I ilke the look of the "Book" outside cover, it would match the Star Wars one kinda

I haven't gotten this yet, but is the car going off the cliff the original version? It was CGI in the theater.

The stuff in the box is pretty cool, like the photo of young River Phoenix and Sean Connery.

I haven't gotten this yet, but is the car going off the cliff the original version? It was CGI in the theater.

:blink: from what Iknow its the original...