Topher Grace edited the Star Wars prequels into a single 85 minute movie

Jay

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pointless to mention this unless it's also going to be released to those of us that don't live in L.A.

Otherwise, it's like being told what another guy's lady can do in bed. Super. Pics? Video? No? Then I don't give a crap. Keep it to yourself.

His idea was to edit the Star Wars prequels into one movie, as they would provide him a lot of footage to work with. He used footage from all three prequels, a couple cuts from the original trilogy, some music from The Clone Wars television series, and even a dialogue bit from Anthony Daniels’ (C-3PO) audio book recordings. He even created a new opening text crawl to set up his version of the story.

Blasphemy I tell you!!!

I kid of course. I'd love to see this edit, seems interesting.

Btw, what did you guys think of The Phantom Edit?

Is there a reason we're hung up on That 70s Show alumni?

Ok, maybe Mila Kunis will make a Family Guy edit of all the "Shut up Meg" moments.

You don't really see the others, aside from Hot Donna in that new show with Chelsea Handler.

I'm a little curious, but not enough to spend 85 minutes of my life watching a lesser version of the prequel trilogy.

I've already wasted the time it takes to watch the prequels on...watching the prequels. If someone can make them more watchable for less than a third the time, I'm all for it.

I did a complete re-edit of the finale to Episode III. It can be done. Especially with the help of the sound boards on starwars.com

I liked doing the edit. It was really...refreshing to see the story differently...and you learn a lot about what they did and what things were rushed and what not...

After hearing he used Clone Wars music, I have lost all interest in this.

He probably used the prague stuff from the movie (which is not really that bad, its much more memorable than usual RC stuff) or from the old preROTS clone wars cartoon.

and this has pretty much been done before:

http://fanedit.org/8997/#more-8997

(there are no download links there BTW)

I always thought TPM and ATOTC could have been one movie. Little kiddie Anakin "sand storms are very....very dangerous" (Oscar worthy performance there) could have been in the first 30 min of the film. Cut the crappy love dialogue from Clones and the crap-tracked score and we'd probably have had a winner.