Jurassic Park 3D re-release in theaters April 5 2013

Matt C

My God, this is how they want to appeal to new audiences? I honestly thought this was fan made art on first sight. Moreover, the mirror is at the wrong side of the car.

My God, this is how they want to appeal to new audiences? I honestly thought this was fan made art on first sight. Moreover, the mirror is at the wrong side of the car.

It's actually on the right side. No car has that disclaimer on the driver's side. Looks like Spielberg had them fix the plethora of production mistakes in the film. Alright!

Stereo D has finished work on converting Jurassic Park. It's now added to their projects list, behind Titanic.

http://stereodllc.com/projects/

But it's listed before the Kary Perry movie, which already came and went from theaters. So does that mean they finished 3D conversion a while ago?

Stereo D has finished work on converting Jurassic Park. It's now added to their projects list, behind Titanic.

http://stereodllc.com/projects/

But it's listed before the Kary Perry movie, which already came and went from theaters. So does that mean they finished 3D conversion a while ago?

The order they list their projects make no sense to me. I assumed Stereo D put Jurassic Park behind Titanic because of the movie's production dates (and not their re-release dates), but even that's questionable.

And now that I think about it, Stereo D hasn't added Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (which was finished last year and has been out for over a month) to their projects page. They did all the conversion work on that film, and their symbol appears on both the theatrical poster and end credits for that film. I guess popularity takes precedence over order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back in 1993, when "JP" was frist released, there were complaints from cinema owners, concerning the sound. Nowadays, DTS is common, but then, hardly any cinemas were equipped to showcase "JP" in DTS, and had to show the film in either Dolby Digital (which had only come out 1 year earlier) or in Pro Logic, aka Dolby Stereo (yeuch!). It wasn't even 6-track magnetic. Oh, the shame! One cinema in the town where I used to live even sent the film back to Universal and demanded a "louder" print.

When I saw "JP" on its last cinema outing, I was dismayed by the look (far, far too saturated!), and the sound (still not loud enough) of the film.

I look forward to seeing "JP" in 3D, and with these "new" sound effects.

Hey...i just looked it, and this is going to be released in Spain on 23 august....

Good for me since then i will be able to see it in Spanish! :P

And now i see its going to be released in Germany on Spetember 2nd or 5th...

Are they mad releasing the 3d bluray in april too in the usa???

Are they mad releasing the 3d bluray in april too in the usa???

Hey, the movie that started the 3D re-release craze, The Lion King, was only scheduled a two-week run (obviously lengthened) to hype up the film's debut on Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D right after.

I think Universal's trying to emulate that strategy for Jurassic Park.

It's actually on the right side. No car has that disclaimer on the driver's side. Looks like Spielberg had them fix the plethora of production mistakes in the film. Alright!

Alright :) Btw I hope they will have additional scenes to justify the 'cliff mystery'. I have never understood it nor the explanations that tried to explain it.

Cliff mystery?

yah, or whatever they call it. You don't remember Ellie and Muldoon getting down to the crashed car at the T-rex pad, and then back to their Jeep (which was up the cliff) in the next scene?

That's not the answer, that's the question - how can the T-Rex break through the fence on solid ground while minutes later the jeep is pushed down a 20-meter distance? I remember when i saw it in theatres in '93 that it was a big headscratcher and obviously they did it for dramatic effect, hoping nobody would notice.

There are half-assed explanations, like there's a ravine within the fenced area but the distance from where the rex breaks through and where the car is pushed doesn't really add up.