My Piano Transcriptions

Hello everyone! This is a forum I've dedicated to piano transcriptions of music composed by John Williams that I haven't seen released as of yet, or ever.

I don't have much right now; only for some pieces from Williams' recent film War Horse, which you can find here:

http://www.sendspace...SVAfKSst/hX8CNQ

Don't worry; there is plenty more on the way! I plan on transcribing for Tintin and others (at least, only for the ones that haven't been released yet, or might not be at all). I accept any request, and I will share more when they are finished, I have the time, and I feel that they are prepared and ready to go!

So, hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

do you use Finale or Sibalius?

Hello everyone! This is a forum I've dedicated to piano transcriptions of music composed by John Williams that I haven't seen released as of yet, or ever.

I don't have much right now; only for some pieces from Williams' recent film War Horse, which you can find here:

http://www.sendspace...SVAfKSst/hX8CNQ

Don't worry; there is plenty more on the way! I plan on transcribing for Tintin and others (at least, only for the ones that haven't been released yet, or might not be at all). I accept any request, and I will share more when they are finished, I have the time, and I feel that they are prepared and ready to go!

So, hope you enjoy and let me know what you think!

do you use Finale or Sibalius?

I actually use MuseScore; it's free and easier for me to work with.

And I'll see; I'm putting a lot of focus into the Star Wars battles right now, so probably farther in the future.

Speaking of which, I'm about halfway through the major dogfight in The Battle of Hoth and I'll be approaching the beginning of the Rebels' Retreat within the next few days or so!!

If it's not too much to ask for, I'd like to request everything.

Well, I own just about every single John Williams CD to date now... Who knows xD

I wonder could you transcribe "Hello", Williams original jazz composition for piano?

[media=]

Like I said, probably somewhere in the future. I don't know as of yet.

Thanks again for those amazing transcriptions!

I have one little request, call it nitpicking if you like......: Could you please delete the instrument name in fron of every staff (e.g.: "Piano", "Pno.")? Since it obivously is for piano, that would improve the uncluttered look of the score page. Sorry to be nitpicky, but you are already producing very tidy score pages. Thanks!

awesome work! how about the opening theme of tintin? i tried my best but it´s to difficult for me to transcripe :(

Hi! I typed in the whole orchestra score for that piece ("1m1 - Tinker-Tin") into Sibelius 6 but didn't get around to making a transcription yet.... If you want, I could upload my sibelius file though. In fact I typed in quite a few orchestral cues already, but never got around to making the piano transcriptions... :(

The selections from "Nixon" are fantastic! I hope you can find time to transcribe more; I think it's one of Williams' best (and most underrated) scores, and having the music really adds to my appreciation of it.

(I'd also love to see "Ray and Rachel" from "War of the Worlds.")

Thanks again!

Hello, everyone! I was going to wait until tomorrow to upload these, but I thought to myself yesterday that since Born on the Fourth of July is finally on Blu-Ray, then why not to celebrate??

So, here are the new sheets! Hope you enjoy playing them as much as I have in creating them (NOTE: I'm sad to say this, but the first one is unfortunately a rough draft. I don't have time to edit it at the moment, but I will be revising it and sharing it in the future.)

"The Battle of Hoth" from The Empire Strikes Back, "The Early Days: Massapequa" from Born on the Fourth of July, and "Lord, Why Do You Want the Wee Children?" from Angela's Ashes: http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Flh5%2BACQkax9%2FWVze6igF0wXFMfEish2

By the way, I will also be reuploading everything I have done so far in a more organized fashion sometime in the near future; probably around the next time I upload more sheets. Have a great Fourth of July!!

Thanks again for those amazing transcriptions!

I have one little request, call it nitpicking if you like......: Could you please delete the instrument name in fron of every staff (e.g.: "Piano", "Pno.")? Since it obivously is for piano, that would improve the uncluttered look of the score page. Sorry to be nitpicky, but you are already producing very tidy score pages. Thanks!

awesome work! how about the opening theme of tintin? i tried my best but it´s to difficult for me to transcripe :(

Hi! I typed in the whole orchestra score for that piece ("1m1 - Tinker-Tin") into Sibelius 6 but didn't get around to making a transcription yet.... If you want, I could upload my sibelius file though. In fact I typed in quite a few orchestral cues already, but never got around to making the piano transcriptions... :(

It's my pleasure! And thank you for suggesting that minor edit; that actually did improve the page a lot!

The selections from "Nixon" are fantastic! I hope you can find time to transcribe more; I think it's one of Williams' best (and most underrated) scores, and having the music really adds to my appreciation of it.

(I'd also love to see "Ray and Rachel" from "War of the Worlds.")

Thanks again!

Thanks for your kind words; it's a lot of fun, and I'm glad I'm able to do this for everyone! I'd love to see your Tintin file!

Well thanks again and enjoy your well-earned rest :)

Just curious, how long did it take to transcribe the Battle of Hoth?

I recently bought my first iPad and I'm loving having all your sheets (and more on there) on there.

it's so nice to be bored on a bus and to suddenly remember your sheets. it's absolutely fascinating to read along while listening to the music.

I just wish my piano skills were better... i've just about got the piano solo from Emilie Remembers & Finale from War Horse down, the actual piano solo in the piece as opposed to your piano arrangement of the whole piece. That's about the extent of my powers at the moment.. but I'm loving playing just those few bars.

Thank you again,

The Battle of Hoth is fantastic. Is there any way we can get midi recordings or playbacks of it (I don't know if this was asked yet)? I suck at piano, and I would LOVE to hear it played out by piano.

Well thanks again and enjoy your well-earned rest :)

Just curious, how long did it take to transcribe the Battle of Hoth?

I recently bought my first iPad and I'm loving having all your sheets (and more on there) on there.

it's so nice to be bored on a bus and to suddenly remember your sheets. it's absolutely fascinating to read along while listening to the music.

I just wish my piano skills were better... i've just about got the piano solo from Emilie Remembers & Finale from War Horse down, the actual piano solo in the piece as opposed to your piano arrangement of the whole piece. That's about the extent of my powers at the moment.. but I'm loving playing just those few bars.

Thank you again,

It's the least I can do; thank you for your kind words! Hoth took me about a week and a half to do, tbut that's because of the holidays and my time and business and whatnot. Glad you enjoy them, though!

The Battle of Hoth is fantastic. Is there any way we can get midi recordings or playbacks of it (I don't know if this was asked yet)? I suck at piano, and I would LOVE to hear it played out by piano.

Thanks; glad you enjoy it! I have one way of providing an audio playback, but it never records musical techniques like crescendos, decrescendos, tempo slow-downs and speed-ups, or other things of that nature. I have an audio editing software that I might be able to work with, so I'll test it on one of my sheets and release it with the next batch; see what you think of it!

I'll be starting The Battle of Endor on Monday, along with perhaps a couple other sheets - which brings me to a question I have for everyone. Does anyone know if there will be a piano book of The Amazing Spider-Man in the near future?? I'm itching to write some sheets for it, since the piano solos by James Horner are fantastic, and I want to perhaps broaden my horizon a little bit. Let me know what you guys think when you get the chance! I'll keep in touch!

any plans for Jazz Autographs from the Terminal? I'd love to have that! Also, I don't mind slightly simplified versions (I hate practicing and on top of that, I have tiny hands so JW's large leaps are a usually a massive pain for me)

Well WilliamsMusicLover, I hope this doesn't put you off future transcriptions, but here's what I did with your War Horse:

Hey Guys,

I just joined the Forums and would love to help out and make some piano transcriptions. Just let me know what you would want, anything that's not in his piano book or something. Just reply to this or post it on my profile :). I'm quite interested in transcribing possibly the music from "The Terminal", "Munich", "Catch Me If You Can", anything really. Even other composers if you guys want somebody else. Thanks and let me know!

Best,

Eric

These transcriptions are great. Thanks very much WilliamsMusicLover1138. I've finally gotten around to recording some of these and posting them on YouTube. You can check them out on my channel (along with a lot of other recordings by Williams, Shore, Giacchino, etc.) - http://www.youtube.com/user/DenverDebonair/videos

I have another 20 or so recordings I'm working to add in the next few days. Any feedback or requests are more than welcome.

It was especially fun recording the Battle of Yavin and Battle of Hoth. They're tough to play and I know any Star Wars fan will easily catch all the mistakes, but I figured I would post them now while I still practice them. Can't wait for the other Battle pieces.

Thanks, russds. Your website and avatar remind me that we have very little Temple of Doom, or really any Indiana Jones, sheet music. WilliamsMusicLover1138 - can we get you to do some Indiana Jones transcriptions? I would love to have these especially:

1. Desert Chase - Raiders
  2. The Basket Game - Raiders
  3. Short Round's Theme - ToD
  4. End Credits - ToD
  5. Indy's Very First Adventure - LC
  6. End Credits - LC

I should have piano recordings of the following Indy pieces up on my YouTube channel soon:

1. Extended Raiders March
  2. March of the Slave Children
  3. Grail Theme
  4. Map Room at Dawn
  5. Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra

It's not John Williams, but I also have the Main Title and Jazz piece from the Young Indy TV series on YouTube. The Main Title is definitely in the same vein as Raiders March. Check it out:

WilliamsMusicLover1138 - can we get you to do some Indiana Jones transcriptions?

Wow, great idea. I would love to see/hear almost any piece from the Indy series. (except maybe the main theme, only because it's already transcribed and on youtube a million times). Some pieces that jump out:

• Mine Car Chase (would love to see an expert play that on piano!) - ToD
  • The Broken Bridge/British Relief - ToD
  • Desert Chase - Raiders
  • The Basket Game - Raiders
  • Short Round's Theme - ToD
  • End Credits - ToD
  • Indy's Very First Adventure - LC
  • End Credits - LC

Good stuff, that would be a lot of fun.

I should have piano recordings of the following Indy pieces up on my YouTube channel soon:

3. Grail Theme
  4. Map Room at Dawn

Awesome, can't wait. Please PM me when their up if possible, i don't want to miss them. :)

These transcriptions are great. Thanks very much WilliamsMusicLover1138. I've finally gotten around to recording some of these and posting them on YouTube. You can check them out on my channel (along with a lot of other recordings by Williams, Shore, Giacchino, etc.) - http://www.youtube.c...Debonair/videos

I have another 20 or so recordings I'm working to add in the next few days. Any feedback or requests are more than welcome.

It was especially fun recording the Battle of Yavin and Battle of Hoth. They're tough to play and I know any Star Wars fan will easily catch all the mistakes, but I figured I would post them now while I still practice them. Can't wait for the other Battle pieces.

Dude... You're awesome. I just watched all of them. You just got yourself a new subscriber!

Everyone else: Burnout is crazy right now; I've done very little for Endor right now, and all of my summer work is hitting me right now. I'll keep you posted where I'm at every day with it. As for Indiana Jones afterwards... Sure! I was actually thinking about doing that anyway; nice to see all the enthusiasm :D

I've been playing piano since I was 5, so for about 25 years now. I play a little bit of everything, but I love movie music and John Williams is by far my absolute favorite. While we wait for more great transcriptions from WilliamsMusicLover1138, here's another Star Wars piece I just added to YouTube. The Asteroid Chase from ESB:

I've been playing piano since I was 5, so for about 25 years now. I play a little bit of everything, but I love movie music and John Williams is by far my absolute favorite. While we wait for more great transcriptions from WilliamsMusicLover1138, here's another Star Wars piece I just added to YouTube. The Asteroid Chase from ESB:

[media=]

Awesome, that sounds great. I really like the part starting at 2:59, that's always been one of my favorite themes. The use of multiple, unison octives like that, and the big intervals really emphases the size and magnitude of the giant asteroids. Good stuff!

Here is my attempt at brining WilliamsMusicLover1138's great transcription of the Battle of Hoth to life:

WilliamsMusicLover1138 - can we get you to do some Indiana Jones transcriptions?

Wow, great idea. I would love to see/hear almost any piece from the Indy series. (except maybe the main theme, only because it's already transcribed and on youtube a million times). Some pieces that jump out:

• Mine Car Chase (would love to see an expert play that on piano!) - ToD
  • The Broken Bridge/British Relief - ToD
  • Desert Chase - Raiders
  • The Basket Game - Raiders
  • Short Round's Theme - ToD
  • End Credits - ToD
  • Indy's Very First Adventure - LC
  • End Credits - LC

Good stuff, that would be a lot of fun.

3. Grail Theme
  4. Map Room at Dawn

Awesome, can't wait. Please PM me when their up if possible, i don't want to miss them. :)

As promised, most of the Indiana Jones pieces are now up at my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/DenverDebonair/videos

Hello there ! i want to thanks WilliamsMusicLover1138 for his amazing work ! it will help me a lot !

i'm doing a serie of tribute to williams video on youtube, using some of my transcriptions i did 17 years ago (i only does lead sheet as i was a jazz pianist and i never play arrangement from others, none of them never pleased me especially the songbooks ones. i do always my own, and they are all a one take improvisation on it not a writting arrangement.

i usually take the sheet when something is available, make the lead sheet from it and improvise on it.

when i did my transcriptions 17 years ago, i didn't do many of them and more than that, i was not an expert to it.

as a jazz pianist, i'm mainly an improvisator, so i usually do a lead sheet of williams music and improvise on it, and as i have an hearing disorder, i record all this without hearing what i'm playing.

i just finished my first exclusive tribute to john williams (i did a previous tribute but to christopher reeve and include can you read my mind and somewhere in time.

but this time, i put online the lead sheet that i made and used to do my tribute + the transcription of the arrangement / improvisation of what i played and improvised on this video. the tune include Yoda and the force and Death of Yoda (lead sheet on death of yoda has been done by a friend)..

you wan watch the video here :

and download the sheet here :

http://didiermartini.com/tribute-to-john-williams-episode-1/

the next one i'll do will be a tribute to leia/luke/solo, and will include princess leia's theme + luke and leia + han and the princess + brother and sister that a friend of mine will do the lead sheet for me, as actually, i can't listen to music anymore.

if you don't mind, i would love to have your authorisation to use your sheets and make the lead sheets from them, and put them online (for the ones who can read lead sheet = melody + chords names). if if i do a recording of it, i'll do the piano transcription of my improvisation on it as well.

i don't know if you would accept to do lead sheets as well ?

i'll certainly use some of your sheets for my tribute videos, i'll have some request, as i can't do anymore any transcription (without ears, it's a bit difficult lol), so i usually do them from the manuscript sheets from williams himself (sketch) or the full score that we can find at some places on the internet. but there are a lot of tunes who have never been available. one of the williams tunes who has never been transcribed are materials from Return of the jedi, any other tunes except the main title from always, and there is almost no material available from starwars 1 2 4 5 6 (what is available on songbook is very very bad and very few tunes and there is only in sheets the starwars suite from the signature edition, handwritten sketches for empire and the complete full score for sith. having any transcription from these movies are a pure dream and joy. i saw you started to do some of them, and want to thank you very much !

i just warm some of you. only the lead sheet is a transcription of the recording on my sheets. the piano is a transcription of the improvisation i did on it and put on my video.

just for curiosity, here is my tribute to christopher reeve (can you read my mind + somewhere in theme from barry)

and the first video done with my friend and horn player Marc Papeghin on marion's theme, that certainly some (if not all of you) know who marc is (the best horn players on youtube and the craziest horn arrangemer actually available)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxxeAnG-BA

one last question for music lover ! i see you didn't put your name on your transcription. something that i did. maybe i did a mistake and must i remove my name on it (maybe because of copyright issues if these sheets are shared ?)

thanks for the information !

and Thanks for your amazing and hard work !!!

Hello there ! i want to thanks WilliamsMusicLover1138 for his amazing work ! it will help me a lot !

i'm doing a serie of tribute to williams video on youtube, using some of my transcriptions i did 17 years ago (i only does lead sheet as i was a jazz pianist and i never play arrangement from others, none of them never pleased me especially the songbooks ones. i do always my own, and they are all a one take improvisation on it not a writting arrangement.

i usually take the sheet when something is available, make the lead sheet from it and improvise on it.

when i did my transcriptions 17 years ago, i didn't do many of them and more than that, i was not an expert to it.

as a jazz pianist, i'm mainly an improvisator, so i usually do a lead sheet of williams music and improvise on it, and as i have an hearing disorder, i record all this without hearing what i'm playing.

i just finished my first exclusive tribute to john williams (i did a previous tribute but to christopher reeve and include can you read my mind and somewhere in time.

but this time, i put online the lead sheet that i made and used to do my tribute + the transcription of the arrangement / improvisation of what i played and improvised on this video. the tune include Yoda and the force and Death of Yoda (lead sheet on death of yoda has been done by a friend)..

you wan watch the video here :

and download the sheet here :

http://didiermartini...iams-episode-1/

the next one i'll do will be a tribute to leia/luke/solo, and will include princess leia's theme + luke and leia + han and the princess + brother and sister that a friend of mine will do the lead sheet for me, as actually, i can't listen to music anymore.

if you don't mind, i would love to have your authorisation to use your sheets and make the lead sheets from them, and put them online (for the ones who can read lead sheet = melody + chords names). if if i do a recording of it, i'll do the piano transcription of my improvisation on it as well.

i don't know if you would accept to do lead sheets as well ?

i'll certainly use some of your sheets for my tribute videos, i'll have some request, as i can't do anymore any transcription (without ears, it's a bit difficult lol), so i usually do them from the manuscript sheets from williams himself (sketch) or the full score that we can find at some places on the internet. but there are a lot of tunes who have never been available. one of the williams tunes who has never been transcribed are materials from Return of the jedi, any other tunes except the main title from always, and there is almost no material available from starwars 1 2 4 5 6 (what is available on songbook is very very bad and very few tunes and there is only in sheets the starwars suite from the signature edition, handwritten sketches for empire and the complete full score for sith. having any transcription from these movies are a pure dream and joy. i saw you started to do some of them, and want to thank you very much !

i just warm some of you. only the lead sheet is a transcription of the recording on my sheets. the piano is a transcription of the improvisation i did on it and put on my video.

just for curiosity, here is my tribute to christopher reeve (can you read my mind + somewhere in theme from barry)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erxxeAnG-BA

one last question for music lover ! i see you didn't put your name on your transcription. something that i did. maybe i did a mistake and must i remove my name on it (maybe because of copyright issues if these sheets are shared ?)

thanks for the information !

and Thanks for your amazing and hard work !!!

Wow, that's great! I'm not sure what you mean, though; do you mean like my actual name? Because if you relook at the sheets again, I do say that I transcribed a sheet and added a copyright to it with my user name. It is on there! As for the lead sheets, I only have a few things to ask; can you credit me, or at least that the transcription came from me? And then can you share what you've done when it's ready? I'd love to see what you've done!

Everyone else, I have good and bad news. Bad news first is that I've got to stop working on The Battle of Endor for now. The other two battles exhausted me, it's not coming out the way I like it, and I've had to put my focus on a lot of other things in my life at the moment. It's going to be like that for a while, but I promise you I haven't given up on it completely. Good news, though, is that I actually have a lot of other sheets I've done in the past that I'll be sharing periodically for the next month or so. When I have a better amount of time, a lot more focus, and more energy, then I'll return to it. It may not be for a short time, or a while longer than that, but for now I have to rest.

However, I can try putting together an Indiana Jones sheet or two? To make it up to you guys? I'm really sorry about this.

But I also want to say thank you for all your positive feedback and kind words and so on; it's been wonderful, and writing all of this has been a thrill! I will definitely not be stopping the music either!

Wow, that's great! I'm not sure what you mean, though; do you mean like my actual name? Because if you relook at the sheets again, I do say that I transcribed a sheet and added a copyright to it with my user name. It is on there! As for the lead sheets, I only have a few things to ask; can you credit me, or at least that the transcription came from me? And then can you share what you've done when it's ready? I'd love to see what you've done!

Everyone else, I have good and bad news. Bad news first is that I've got to stop working on The Battle of Endor for now. The other two battles exhausted me, it's not coming out the way I like it, and I've had to put my focus on a lot of other things in my life at the moment. It's going to be like that for a while, but I promise you I haven't given up on it completely. Good news, though, is that I actually have a lot of other sheets I've done in the past that I'll be sharing periodically for the next month or so. When I have a better amount of time, a lot more focus, and more energy, then I'll return to it. It may not be for a short time, or a while longer than that, but for now I have to rest.

However, I can try putting together an Indiana Jones sheet or two? To make it up to you guys? I'm really sorry about this.

But I also want to say thank you for all your positive feedback and kind words and so on; it's been wonderful, and writing all of this has been a thrill! I will definitely not be stopping the music either!

hi, yes, you put your username on it. on mine, i put my nickname (not my real name) that i use as a musician (i'm recorded under this name officially at the french copyright company). so i was thinking if it's can be an issue or not. because i don't think we're allowed to put any copyright on this. so i didn't put a © on it, just my nickname, but ...

so you did well, as you didn't put your real name. i can't put my username as it's eaasy to find that behind martyprod, there is didier martini (it's written on my youtube account).

i credits everybody who help me. on the sheet i did for the tribute to williams, a guy i met on a well known sharing website, did the lead sheet of death of yoda for me (while i did the yoda and the force one from a transcription i did 17 years ago). i put my name on it and his name. i put this on the video as well in the end credits.

i watched today all the sheets you put here. it's a crazy amount of work. 30 pages of transcriptions for the battle of hoth. it's crazy !!! you really don't need to tell "i'm sorry" to take some rests, we must thank you for what you have done and that you very nicely accepted to share this sheets with us , because it's incredible. hal leonard publishing forbidd any people to publish them, even if we want to buy a licence, they refuse, and only accept internal transcription job from they company workers.

i know how much hard work it is to do transcriptions. i did during one full year in 1996 all kind of transcriptions to get better at it, from jazz (guitar solos, keyboard, piano soloing) to williams, silvestri, alan menken materials, lead sheet, piano stuff, sketches ... after a while, i couldn't do it anymore... (i need to put all this in sibelius and share it but i found no software who work with my manuscript to transcode them in sibelius , they all fail (and my manuscript are very well written :) ) .

it take a lot of energy and concentration and what you do is much harder work than anything i could do, ,

an you did a wrriten piano reduction , i don't do that (because as i told, i'm an improvisator).

i was only doing lead sheet , very few full piano transcriptions, and guitar / piano solo transcription from Rock or jazz artist.

all the stuff i did in soundtrack was only lead sheet and chords to train myself to be able to hear "harmonies" in full orchestra.

so thank you very much for everything you do, and thank you in advance for the stuff you'll accept to share with us in the future.

have a good rest !

Let me second everything Martyprod said. I can't thank you enough WilliamsMusicLover1138 for putting so much time and care into creating these wonderful, complete, and accurate piano transcriptions. Any chance of getting some Indiana Jones transcriptions sooner rather than later would be great. Here is my attempt at the "Map Room At Dawn" that I forgot to embed in my earlier post of Indiana Jones recordings:

Also, here's my recording of your "Sir Francis and the Unicorn" transcription:

Great stuff and so much fun to play. While we wait for your next transcriptions, I'll keep making recordings and posting them here.

In honor of the Olympics starting today in London, here are the famous JW themes:

And, since the Olympics are broadcast on NBC, here's the NBC Theme too:

In honor of the Olympics starting today in London, here are the famous JW themes:

hi, which piano do you use ? is it a U model ? can't listen, but are you happy with it ? i plan to buy a real piano soon to replace the one i have here who is not mine, but i must buy it without trying it ... and i'm a yamaha lover (studied on yamaha at the concervatory, own a motif 8). don't have money enought to buy a disklavier model, so i'll install in it a midi interface from an another brand. can you tell me which one do you own, if you're happy with it, if the action is great etc ... ? thanks :) (i'm completly off topic, so feel free to reply to me in private :) ) (sorry fo the others :) )

I actually have the relatively new N3 AvantGrand hybrid piano by Yamaha. It has the complete action and wooden keyboard of a real piano with the digital spatial acoustic sampling of a Yamaha concert grand. It has a 4-channel multi-speaker system with a soundboard resonator. There is also a feature built-in that allows you to feel the reverb in the keys and pedal, just as you would with a real piano. I have been extremely happy with it. It has a small footprint, volume control, headphone jack, and never needs tuning. Plus, you can transpose, record to midi, and play using 5 different voices.

I also own a German-made Schimmel K-series upright, which is a lot of fun to play. As far as making the recordings, I have been experimenting with several different setups. If anyone has any suggestions on ways to improve the quality, I would love to hear it. Currently, I've been recording the video on my iPhone 4S. The audio is coming from a Blue Yeti microphone connected to my iPad (which I also use for WilliamsMusicLover1138's sheet music). Then, I sync the audio and video on my iMac using iMovie.

Feel free to PM me, Martyprod, if you have any other questions.

Hello again, everyone! I've taken a look at all the posts since my departure, and the recordings are fantastic! The enthusiasm is amazing! I wanted to let you all know a few things.

First, I will be re-posting all of the sheets I've done to another forum within the next few days. I'd like to continue this forum onward to the new one I'll be creating soon in order to remove some of the clutter here. I'll be sharing the link to the new forum with everyone once it's ready!

Second, I will also be sharing some new sheets on the new forum. These are ones I actually made a little while back, with the exception of two that I've had very little time in the last few weeks to put together. All are finished, though, and I hope you enjoy once the new forum is up. Some of the new sheets have actually been done and published before, but I made a version which is more complete and a little bit tweaked to what I've heard from actual recordings. You'll see what I mean once I share them.

Thank you again for everything, guys! And you'll see all of this soon!

williamsmusiclover I was thinking:

maybe you should apply for a job in Hal Leonard, so that they have good piano transcriptions of John Williams? ;)

and another suggestion:

maybe all the transcriptions should be in the first post and edited there.. In that way, they will be all together...

maybe you should apply for a job in Hal Leonard, so that they have good piano transcriptions of John Williams? ;)

and another suggestion:

maybe all the transcriptions should be in the first post and edited there.. In that way, they will be all together...

unfortunatly he can't.

a good friend of mine tried to have the authorisation to sell an arrangement of john williams, and it's refused because

1) williams gave all the right to publish his music to hal leonard publishing.

2) hal leonard publishing only allow sheets done by his internal workers. that's mean that if you're not someone who work as an arranger for hal leonard, you're not allowed to publish anything on john williams music, because they don't sell any licence to do it.

this is a very very big frustration for my friend, myself and certainly a lot of other people too, as this "copyright" f*** issue forbidd anybody to publish anything commercially based on williams music.

yes, i meant he should apply to work as an arranger for Hal Leonard.

But I guess that would be very difficult as it is with every big company..

no idea how it's working to apply for a job in such a company. it's not like we're talking about a normal publishing company. it's THE compnay who publish everything.

i'll be curious how the arrangers who work there and who not does a very good work all the time found their job.

(i never saw a piano arrangement done on their songbook, that i could be happy with.).

when you see the "theme of star wars", as a single sheet for .. recorder, flute, tuba, basson, etc ... for 4$ ... 500 thousands editions of one tune. but never did the sheet of ... other tune ... asteroid field ? brother and sister ? death of yoda ? yoda and the force ? etc ... i had to hire someone or do the transcription myself in the past to play them and study them.

the only released full score sheet in the world about soundtrack is williams and the signature editions. everything else are "arrangement". there is not a single other composer who have officially his full score published commercially. but, there are thousands and millions of "arranged by" ... who care about something arranged or orchestrated by an unknow guy ? we just want the real thing.

this is a very big frustration work. and thanks to a guy like williamsmusiclover who does this and the people who found a way to access to the manuscrits and share them. because , who could play the crazy fighting piece of empire strike back ? how many people are able to read the manuscript sketche of williams hand ? and play it on a piano ? not many :).

(i'm actually working on my next tribute, The Black Hole from john barry. found by random the songbook of it, i never knew it was existing until last sunday lol. and i searched it during 30 years.fortunatly i can read handwritten manuscrit , sketches or full orchestra and arrange them for piano , but it would be so much easier if they could publish them ... lol ... :).

and another suggestion:

That's exactly what I'm going to do! And for Hal Leonard, I've thought about it too but because of the frustrations involved like he said:

and another suggestion:

unfortunatly he can't.

a good friend of mine tried to have the authorisation to sell an arrangement of john williams, and it's refused because

1) williams gave all the right to publish his music to hal leonard publishing.

2) hal leonard publishing only allow sheets done by his internal workers. that's mean that if you're not someone who work as an arranger for hal leonard, you're not allowed to publish anything on john williams music, because they don't sell any licence to do it.

this is a very very big frustration for my friend, myself and certainly a lot of other people too, as this "copyright" f*** issue forbidd anybody to publish anything commercially based on williams music.

I've thought against it for now. But who knows?? But yeah, the new forum will be up soon!

Hello everyone! This is a forum I've dedicated to piano transcriptions I've created myself which were either unreleased at the time, or unreleased as of now. There are some exceptions that I've made, but hopefully the sheets are a little more complete than to what was previously released. This is as of now a product of the six or so months I have spent in creating this (and playing them!), so I hope you will have the same enjoyment as I did :)

Here is everything I've written for your pleasure:

WAR HORSE (includes Dartmoor, 1912, Seeding, and Horse vs. Car, The Reunion, Remembering Emilie, and Finale, and The Homecoming [NOTE: I made this about two months before the official news of a published piano book for War Horse was to be released. Take your pick, but I enjoy both!])

THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN (includes Sir Francis and the Unicorn, Snowy's Theme, and The Adventure Continues)

NIXON (includes The Turbulent Years, Growing up in Whittier, Making a Comeback, The Miami Convention: 1968, The Meeting with Mao, and The Farewell Scene)

SINGLE SHEETS (includes The Carriage Ride to Thornfield from "Jane Eyre," The Early Days; Massapequa from "Born on the Fourth of July," Arlington from "JFK," End Credits from "Presumed Innocent," and Gillian's Power from "The Fury")

THE STAR WARS BATTLES (includes The Battle of Yavin and The Battle of Hoth)

GROUPED SHEETS (includes: Angela's Prayer and Lord, Why Do You Want the Wee Children? from "Angela's Ashes"; and Theme from Jurassic Park, Welcome to Jurassic Park, and End Credits from "Jurassic Park" [Again, these were already released, but the versions here are a little bit different as well as a little more complete])

MISCELLANEOUS (includes The Family Farm from "The Patriot" by John Williams and I Can't See You Anymore from "The Amazing Spider-Man" by James Horner)

THE TREE OF LIFE (includes River from "The Tree of Life" by Alexandre Desplat [for Two Pianos; you and a friend can play together!] [The complete score for this can be found here])

Again, I hope you enjoy!!

The new forum has been created!! Go here to check it out!

Some of the sheets have been updated and tweaked for an easier playing experience, while others I've made in the past that I haven't shared as of yet are finally here!!

I hope you enjoy, and thank you so much everyone! :D

Bravo and thank you very much to share your work with us, and sharing a such amazing and long work for free is very rare !

bravo !!

small question : do you allow us to share these sheets with others ? like sharing sheet communitiy as well or not ?

Bravo and thank you very much to share your work with us, and sharing a such amazing and long work for free is very rare !

bravo !!

small question : do you allow us to share these sheets with others ? like sharing sheet communitiy as well or not ?

I'm not sure exactly how the sharing sheet community thing would work; as long as something bad doesn't happen forcing me to take down these sheets, I guess? Or as long as I get credit for making the sheets? Otherwise, I think that's okay, then.

I combined the 2 threads because they were basically the same thing

Okay! I meant to start another forum to try and be a bit more organized, but that does make sense!

I have a big wish: the beautiful Look Down, Lord (Reprise and Finale) from Rosewood! So if you ever find some spare time ... :worship::thumbup:

That sheet does actually exist, believe it or not! The "John Williams: Greatest Hits 1969-1999" album has an officially released piano book to accompany the CD, with the Rosewood piece included. You can buy it here!

Thanks for the new sheets - and especially the Desplat!

No problem at all! Did you like the James Horner one too??