If Adele does the theme to "Skyfall"....

Perdogg

There are rumors on the net that Adele will sing the next James Bond theme song. I would have no problems with this, if that:

1. The song is a full orchestral song, not a crossover top-40 or pop song. One of the best Bond Theme songs was the theme to "The World is Not Enough" except Dave Arnold put too many tracks on the song. I guess Garbage did not want to lose their MTV cred with a theme .

2. The song incorporates themes from the soundtrack.

3. The song is written by an established writter such as Don Black.

If Adele is doing it doesn't that mean it'll be about a break up?

I can see people getting their hairbrushes ready to shout along to it already...

(I joke of course, Adele has the voice for a Bond song.)

Too many tracks on the song?

I apologize for the terminology. What I meant was, that there were too many music tracks on the song. Too much synthesizer music along with the normal music tracks.

There is nothing wrong with a Pop Bond Song, some of the best Bond songs were pop and they have infinite listenability.

Now several are pop standards, they are that good.

We need Lady Gaga.

No, mate, we need David Arnold!

No, if we need anyone, it is John Barry.

I'll just go and get my ressurection stone, shall I?

Joking aside, and although I love the scores for "TSWLM", and "GoldenEye", I have gotten used to Arnold being the musical "voice" of Bond. Newman writes superb music; I'm just not sure if he can deliver a great Bond score. Heaven forbid another "FYEO" fiasco!!!!!

• 4 months later...

For Your Eyes Only is a good score!

Not compared to "OHMSS"!!!!!! :lick:

Anyway, I thought you'd left, already?

Don't know how the official OST releases compare, but score-wise, I would pick FYEO over OHMSS any day.

I'm a fan of this song performed with a full orchestra for Snow White and the Huntsmen by Florence + the Machine [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROtBbOcdFxo

I love Adele's voice but I'd prefer if she did not write it.

So, is it common practice now for major movie campaigns to not let a single word slip about the movie's music or title song performer just few weeks before release?

This smells all very fishy.

So, is it common practice now for major movie campaigns to not let a single word slip about the movie's music or title song performer just few weeks before release?

This smells all very fishy.

It is odd. Makes one wonder if there's some Tomorrow Never Dies shenanigans going on.

How is it odd? He's done the most Bond films aside from Barry, hasn't he? Give someone else a chance.

Newman scoring Bond is huge. It's a sign that Broccoli and EON are at the very least letting go of some minimal amount of creative control. Their rule that only British people can make these films is stupid. Letting the director choose his composer, especially when it comes to Mendes and Newman, is only a good thing.

gkgyver and Kendall were talking about the title song performer, not the score.

Specially, about how on Tomorrow Never Dies Sheryl Crow replaced KD Lang the last minute as the title song performer.

The film wasn't going to have one at all; It was added last minute after the film's original (cliffhanger) ending was dropped