If Adele does the theme to "Skyfall"....

Perdogg

So Adele’s collaborator on “Let the Sky Fall” is indeed Paul Epworth, the man who co-wrote her big bit “Rolling in the Deep” and most of “21.” That’s good news. The “Skyfall” song will make its debut around October 4th or 5th from Sony Music and Adele via social media, I am told. For Adele’s first new release since “21″ Sony will pull out all the stops, you know.

The goal will be to make “Let the Sky Fall” the biggest selling digital single ever.

Meanwhile, I have more lyrics to add to what I gave you on Tuesday.

“Skyfall/Is where we start/A thousand miles and poles apart/Where worlds collide/and days are denied/You can take my name/But you’ll never take my heart”

A couple of readers chimed in that they didn’t like the lyrics, which I thought was funny. When you sign on to a Bond song, you have write it around the title you’re given. It’s like a game. Think of “Goldfinger,” or “Golden Eye.” Or “Live and Let Die.” The lyrics are not necessarily going to make sense. But if you convey the mood of danger, and romance, you’ve got it. I do think “Skyfall,” which has a great hook and obviously Adele’s cool vocal, will be very very popular.

Source: http://www.showbiz41...the-deep-writer

Quote the relevant info man!

Adele's new James Bond theme, Skyfall, premieres at 0.07hrs BST (London Time) on Friday 5th October (7:07pm EST on October 4th) at http://home.adele.tv/

Pre-order Skyfall now from iTunes and be one of the first to own it. http://smarturl.it/AdeleSkyfall

Guarantee someone hacks it out of the site before then :)

So that's what Adele sounds like. I was just expecting her to sound like blah blah blah blah blah, but I still don't get what all the fuss is about.

Song sounds ok.

I like it so far. Doesn't blare you into submission like Surrender (sorry, it does), doesn't underwhelm like Tomorrow Never Dies, doesn't make me want to open a vein like Die Another Day. Especially digging the interpolation of the Bond chords.

So that's what Adele sounds like. I was just expecting her to sound like Britney Spears with a sandwich in her mouth, but I still don't get what all the fuss is about.

Song sounds ok.

You haven't heard these?

Sounds fantastic to me! Interesting use of the Bond theme there. A little slower tempo than I was expecting—I guess I had something more like "Set Fire to the Rain" in my head—but this sounds great!

I don't think this article has been posted

Adele admits, “I was a little hesitant at first to be involved with the theme song for SKYFALL. There’s a lot of instant spotlight and pressure when it comes to a Bond song. But I fell in love with the script and Paul had some great ideas for the track and it ended up being a bit of a no-brainer to do it in the end. It was also a lot of fun writing to a brief, something I’ve never done which made it exciting. When we recorded the strings, it was one of the proudest moments of my life. I’ll be back combing my hair when I’m 60 telling people I was a Bond girl back in the day, I’m sure!” Recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, “Skyfall” features the lush accompaniment of a 77-piece orchestra.

http://www.007.com/skyfall-official-theme-song-news/

So that's what Adele sounds like. I was just expecting her to sound like Britney Spears with a sandwich in her mouth, but I still don't get what all the fuss is about.

Song sounds ok.

You haven't heard these?

Nope. I avoid the modern pop/rock scene for the most part.

Cave? I buy five or six new soundtracks a month and have an impressive backlog of $1000s of CDs to tag and listen to. Yup, I live in a cave. Adele isn't worth my time.