La-La Land Release Galaxy Quest

Alan

Thought I'd jump in post this. Just announced on Facebook :)

AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE APRIL 10, 2012 AT 1 PM PST

The show has been canceled….but the soundtrack is FINALLY HERE!

GALAXY QUEST

MUSIC BY DAVID NEWMAN

LLLCD 1208

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY DAVID NEWMAN

PRODUCED FOR LA-LA LAND RECORDS BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with Paramount Pictures, boldly goes into the realm of sci fi action comedy with the WORLD PREMIERE release of David Newman’s epic orchestral score to the 1999 hit comedy GALAXY QUEST, starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. This science fiction score is filled with huge choral passages and those melodic themes that make the Newman name synonymous with film music! Previously released as a composer produced promo only, La-La Land is proud to officially unleash this fantastic score on cd, longer and sounding grander than ever!

As an added bonus, the first 100 customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive their booklet autographed by composer David Newman at no extra charge! Quantities are limited.

Love the film and remember liking the score but not very familiar with it. First 'Star Trek: First Contact' and now this today. Good day for sci-fi scores :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

AVAILABLE TO PURCHASE APRIL 10, 2012 AT 1 PM PST

The show has been canceled….but the soundtrack is FINALLY HERE!

GALAXY QUEST

MUSIC BY DAVID NEWMAN

LLLCD 1208

LIMITED EDITION OF 3000 UNITS

PRODUCED BY DAVID NEWMAN

PRODUCED FOR LA-LA LAND RECORDS BY DAN GOLDWASSER

MASTERED BY DOUG SCHWARTZ AT MULHOLLAND MUSIC

LINER NOTES BY TIM GREIVING

ART DIRECTION BY DAN GOLDWASSER

La-La Land Records, in conjunction with Paramount Pictures, boldly goes into the realm of sci fi action comedy with the WORLD PREMIERE release of David Newman’s epic orchestral score to the 1999 hit comedy GALAXY QUEST, starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver and Alan Rickman. This science fiction score is filled with huge choral passages and those melodic themes that make the Newman name synonymous with film music! Previously released as a composer produced promo only, La-La Land is proud to officially unleash this fantastic score on cd, longer and sounding grander than ever!

As an added bonus, the first 100 customers who purchase the cd directly through our website will receive their booklet autographed by composer David Newman at no extra charge! Quantities are limited.

Facebook

Think I'll have to watch the film again later. Decide whether or not I'm going to put my wallet through another soundtrack purchase afterwards. Would make three this month.

I might pick this up, I do recall enjoying it.

Hopefully this leads to more David Newman scores getting a release, i've been dying for a release of alot of his kids' movie scores.

I think I might buy this...I'll probably listen to some samples first, since I've never heard more than a few minutes of the score outside of the film, but I suspect I'll end up ordering this. Very cool!

To be a bit honest, it sometimes is one of those scores where it works better in the film than apart (I LOVE the film even more). But there are still plenty of great moments, and this release has been long overdue.

The 2 Galaxy Quest Theme versions (Classic & New) are worth alone for me to buy this cd. They are fantastic (though short) cues that has this "real series theme" feeling.

Neil confirmed on Facebook its the complete score, and not just a re-issue of the Composer Promo. Well, it's as complete as what remained on David Newman's hard drive, anyway (and everything you can hear in the film is on the new CD)

Ooooh! Me like :)

I had a strange feeling that something I wanted would come out today... not a grail, but I have the promo and it's a lot of fun. Sold.

And they're getting closer to the Newman I really want to see official- The Flintstones

I'm in. Just refreshed my memory of the score by listening to some clips on YouTube. This is going to sound great on disc!

What a conincidence. I was watching the spoof documentary about the series and then upcoming movie on Youtube today and thought that the score was pretty darn good in this one. :lol:

Honestly, I like Galaxy Quest better than most Star Trek films, even the score. Is that wrong of me? LOL

It's a fun flick. It's a sendup of Trek straight from the heart. As a parody, it's completely better than the 2009 movie.

I can easily voiuch for David Newman's fantastic score, and rate this film up there as among my favorites.

Part wish fulfilment, part loving parody, part tribute, all at the same time.

Funny, fun and perfectly heartfelt. Like Star Trek got a ribbing from it's best friend. :)

Ooooh! Me like :)

I had a strange feeling that something I wanted would come out today... not a grail, but I have the promo and it's a lot of fun. Sold.

And they're getting closer to the Newman I really want to see official- The Flintstones

I'll say yes to that. Along with a complete (Not completely unused, VARESE) edition of the sandlot, and my favorite of his, The Mighty Ducks. I have a promo he sent me from two years ago - but It's missing some of the final game's music, and (Imo) it's among some of his best action (?) scoring for a children's movie.

Mighty Ducks kicks ass.

I love the first two movies! The third was..okay. Not good, but not bad either. I enjoyed the first the most, along with the score being the best, but I did enjoy JAC Redford's contributions to the series. I'd love to see a complete release of all three scores in the future.

I don't know about that. Intrada's got a good relationship going with Disney, and they've released several Newman scores. I'd go for it.

And yes, The Sandlot needs a definitive release. Both the album release and the boot are still missing some good stuff.

Anyone know how to register with the Yahoo store LLL uses?

I normally just fill in my details, but this is a signed release, so I'd like to speed up that process a bit :)

Have to admit that I prefer the promo cover - the composer credit on this on sinks into the background a bit too much for my liking. But I'm sure it will sound great and no composer meddling this time.

GALAXY QUEST: LIMITED EDITION LLLCD 1208

Music by David Newman

Limited Edition of 3000 Units

ORDER “GALAXY QUEST: LIMITED EDITION” on April 10th (1pm PST) at www.lalalandrecords.com and get yours autographed by composer David Newman at no additional charge. Autographs are while supplies last and are not guaranteed.

STARTS SHIPPING APRIL 10

RETAIL PRICE $19.98

GalaxyQuest-Web.jpg

La-La Land Records and Paramount Pictures presents the premiere official soundtrack release of the original motion picture score to the 1999 Dreamworks sci-fi action/comedy GALAXY QUEST, starring Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman and Sam Rockwell and directed by Dean Parisot. Acclaimed composer David Newman (SERENITY, SCOOBY DOO, ICE AGE, THE PHANTOM) pulls off an impressive musical feat, employing a comic touch while skillfully supporting the film’s legitimate, considerable sci-fi action and well-drawn character relationships. Newman continues in the rich tradition of the Newman family musical legacy, composing a score that employs big choral passages and wondrous melodic themes. Released previously only as a composer-produced promo CD, this official, longer and remastered edition, produced by Dan Goldwasser and mastered by Doug Schwartz, sounds stellar and features exclusive liner notes by film music writer Tim Greiving. This is a limited edition of 3000 units.

TRACK LISTING:

1. Galaxy Quest: The Classic TV Theme (0:57)

2. TV Clip (1:32)

3. Pathetic Nesmith (0:57)

4. Galaxy Quest TV Clip #3/Introducing Sarris/Revealing the Universe (1:50)

5. Transporting the Crew/Meet the Thermians (1:33)

6. The N.S.E.A. Protector (0:43)

7. Crew Quarters & The Bridge/The Launch (3:24)

8. Jason Takes Action/Sarris Tortures Captain (1:41)

9. Red Thingie, Green Thingie… Run! (3:30)

10. Shuttle to Planet/Trek Across Planet (4:26)

11. Rolling the Sphere/Pig Lizard/Rock Monster (6:05)

12. “Digitize Me Fred” (1:13)

13. “I’m So Sorry” (1:42)

14. Fight, Episode 17 (1:15)

15. The Hallway Sneak/Alex Finds Quellek (2:16)

16. Angry Sarris/Into the Ducts/Omega 13/Heroic Guy/Reveal Chompers/Opening the Airlock (3:31)

17. Big Kiss/Happy Rock Monster/Dying Thermians/Quellek’s Death/Into Reactor Room/Push the Button/A Hug Before Dying (4:08)

18. Sarris Orders Attack/The Battle (3:34)

19. Mathesar Takes Command/Sarris Kills Everybody (2:18)

20. Mathesar, Hero/Goodbye My Friends/Crash Landing (1:45)

21. Goodbye Sarris/Happy Ending (2:04)

22. The New Galaxy Quest (0:59)

TOTAL ALBUM TIME: 53:07

RETAIL PRICE: $19.98

LLLCD 1208

Source: http://secure.campai...0U--Cykv-gkivq0

It's a good film, and being a Star Trek fan you would DEFINITELY like it. Worth a rental for SURE

Anybody get an autographed copy? I was too late

From what I just read Order #'s 49136 - 49238 will be receiving signed copies.

I am 49228 so it looks like I will be getting a signed copy!

Edit: And I got my shipping notice. :)

I'd hoped to get one, but I had an impromptu cinema visit this evening, so being in time for a signed copy was out of the question.

I've honestly never seen the film and I'm not really a big fan of Newman. I'm broke the rest of this month so going to be skipping.

Trent, for all the times you've assured us to try something - watch this film and give the score a chance.

I was order 49171 so I'll be getting a signed copy! Woo hoo! Made my boyfriend order it right on the dot when I was at work. LOL. Was very, VERY instructive. ;)

I love the film and score, so this was a no-brainer, and to have it signed is really awesome! :)

I'd hoped to get one, but I had an impromptu cinema visit this evening, so being in time for a signed copy was out of the question.

I've honestly never seen the film and I'm not really a big fan of Newman. I'm broke the rest of this month so going to be skipping.

Trent, for all the times you've assured us to try something - watch this film and give the score a chance.

Take it from a Star Trek and Film Score fan. Both film and score are fantastic and fun !!!

One of my favorite films. :)

Put the film on NetFlix or something.

It's probably one of the best underrated films in most recent memory. I remember when it came out no one I knew even had an interest in it, including me. The trailers for it looked awful. But then I caught it on HBO when I was bored one night and it blew me away with how funny, clever, and even touching it was. It's perhaps the best parody ever made that actually stands on it's own without anyone needing to have seen what it is really making fun of (Star Trek). What's insane is how much more enjoyable it actually is compared to a lot of Star Trek as well. At least for me. The best part is you can clearly see that everyone had fun being in this film. It really shows. And it seems like Newman did as well for the send-up score he created, which also stands on it's own just fine.

Mine was dispatched Friday (had to wait for Intrada to get stock so I could save shipping) so it won't be here for some time.

But I'm particularly curious to hear the quality of the inevitable crossfading for this one. I don't think any cues will clash, but I really prefer them to leave a moment's silence (as they did with ID4).

Mine was dispatched Friday (had to wait for Intrada to get stock so I could save shipping) so it won't be here for some time.

But I'm particularly curious to hear the quality of the inevitable crossfading for this one. I don't think any cues will clash, but I really prefer them to leave a moment's silence (as they did with ID4).

Yeah, I loved how they did that with ID4.