• Ted, July 13
    • Dark Knight Rises, July 20
    • Bourne Legacy, August 3
    • Total Recall, August 3
    • Madegascar 3, 6-8-12
    • Ice Age 4, 7-13-12

This poll is closed to new votes

have you seen it Maurizio?

Yep, but I still can't openly talk about it.

Thanks but you've told me all I wanted to hear. Like Roger Ebert I get your opinion even if I don't always agree.

Thanks for the consideration, Joe. I appreciate! The same goes for me about you.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a sorry-looking bunch of films! The only one I'm really interested in seeing is Prometheus, so I voted for that. Yes, I'm the silly clot who didn't vote for Batman. I'm 99.9% positive I'll be proved wrong, but I can still hope. Batman Begins was pretty poor IMO. The Dark Knight was excellent, but so much of it's "charm" came from Heath's portrayal of The Joker. It remains to be seen whether a Joker-less Batman can pull the kinds of crowds TDK pulled.

The only one I really look forward to is Prometheus.

I'll see all the Superheroes movies, but there have been so many in the past few years that I don't look especially forward to any of them. Just something to see on a given week. Big 3D CGI fest

My "new thing" this year was Hunger Games, and I'm happy to see it did extremely well at the box office.Probably better than most of these will

Looking at this list of so-called entertainment, makes me want to cut my wrists. Just a moment...there we are.

Well goodbye, jwfan, it's been nice knowing you.

#Daisy, daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half-crazy, all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage....I can't afford a carriage. But you look sweet...upon the seat...

of a bicycle

made

for

two#

The only one I really look forward to is Prometheus.

I'll see all the Superheroes movies, but there have been so many in the past few years that I don't look especially forward to any of them. Just something to see on a given week. Big 3D CGI fest

My "new thing" this year was Hunger Games, and I'm happy to see it did extremely well at the box office.Probably better than most of these will

it may well be the #1 film of the year.

especially with the rumors that DKR underwelmed studio heads

I think people are ruling out Ice Age 4 too soon.

Dark Knight Rises will certainly win, but not by as big a margin as some would think.

The Spider-Man reboot will tank.

At least I hope so. Looks terrible.

considering how bad the Rami Spidermen films were, the new film looks so much better.

I still can't believe the first one beat attack Of The Clones at the box-office.

You can't?

I can't believe there are people who paid to see Attack Of The Clones on the big screen more than once.

And comparing it in quality, it's a no-contest for Spider-Man. The actors are nice (apart from MJ, who pretty much sucks), the story and script aren't nearly as boring as the Clones one, and, yes, the music is better too.

Spider-Man certainly produced more iconic images and scenes than AotC.

You can't?

I can't believe there are people who paid to see Attack Of The Clones on the big screen more than once.

And comparing it in quality, it's a no-contest for Spider-Man. The actors are nice (apart from MJ, who pretty much sucks), the story and script aren't nearly as boring as the Clones one, and, yes, the music is better too.

Spider-Man certainly produced more iconic images and scenes than AotC.

Get off this board, NOW! lol. jk. Actually I agree the music to spiderman was better than AOTC. Sad, but true. I think AOTC has to be the worst Williams score I've heard in the early 2000's

We are of one mind on this. AOTC is John's worst score this century.

I'm surprised at some of the hate directed towards AotC. I think its an absolutely fantastic score. Yes it has a bunch of flaws, but its highlights make it a great score as a whole.

What do people think are the flaws in the AotC score? I don't think it's perfect, but I also don't think I've ever heard anybody give a specific problem with it. I don't doubt that they exist, but I am curious.

Attack of the Clones is a serviceable autopilot score. In fact it's better than Mission to Mars.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Again, what about AotC is autopilot? It contains some of Williams' most inventive passages of the 2000s.

It's a nice theme but it's just used way too much, so when it's used in moments when it's supposed to be impactful, it doesn't really work. But I really like some of the motifs and non-thematic material in the score. The Coruscant chase is aces, and the Kamino music is really nice, and the mysterious detective music.

It's a nice theme but it's just used way too much, so when it's used in moments when it's supposed to be impactful, it doesn't really work. But I really like some of the motifs and non-thematic material in the score. The Coruscant chase is aces, and the Kamino music is really nice, and the mysterious detective music.

This is exactly what I think.

But I really like some of the motifs and non-thematic material in the score.]

Kind of great.

And the love theme can be great even if it is used too much or in wrong places... :wave:

Edit: well just re-read it, maybe "exactly" was too strong a word. Happy, Lee?

Attack of the Clones is a serviceable autopilot score. In fact it's better than Mission to Mars.

Again, what about AotC is autopilot? It contains some of Williams' most inventive passages of the 2000s.

My only problem with AotC is that at times it can be tedious (like some of its filler material). Other than that, I thought this was one helluva score. I absolutely love the Across the Stars theme (which doesn't seem to get the love here that I thought it would - its personally one of my favourite love themes - ) and I think there was some great and very enjoyable action material and such.

I don't understand why its disliked so much here, but I think its a brilliant score.

I absolutely love the Across the Stars theme (which doesn't seem to get the love here that I thought it would - its personally one of my favourite love themes - ) and I think there was some great and very enjoyable action material and such.

I don't understand why its disliked so much here, but I think its a brilliant score.

Yes, the theme does deserve more love, being Williams' first love theme for the Star Wars saga and all.

I absolutely love the Across the Stars theme (which doesn't seem to get the love here that I thought it would - its personally one of my favourite love themes - ) and I think there was some great and very enjoyable action material and such.

Yes, the theme does deserve more love, being Williams' first love theme for the Star Wars saga and all.

Yeah, I mean -- wait, what?

Seriously, if by some strange accident (or move by Lucasfilm) the entire score for Attack Of The Clones were to be wiped off the face of the earth, never to be heard again in any shape or form, save for "Across The Stars", "The Arena" and "Shmi's Funeral" ... I would have to be the one person who didn't give a damn.

Williams better than Morricone? You're joking!

Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?! To get Koray back, just bash Morricone!

(I like Morricone; I don't rank artists; physical ownership of their albums is good enough)

Hey, Koray. How ya been?

I will not be surprised if Hunger Games passes 450 million perhaps even 500 million. DKR will not have the death of a lead actor to give it the extra umph the DK had.

• 1 month later...

I thought it might be time to bring this thread back because I'm wondering if the Avengers, which is clearly a hit beyond belief and got zero votes, will be the #1 film this summer. I just can't see the bat acheiving this same kind of B.O. response,

Of course it may happen, lightning strikes twice in the same summer.

I was just gonna bump the thread for teh same reason. I think Bats will have a very, very tough time making as much money as The Avengers will at this point. The film opens in 5 weeks and there's been almost no hype. I saw Avengers tv spots and tie-ins more a long time leading up to its release, and it also had a huge buzz. Bats has got nothing so far apart from some trailers.

I think Marvels balls at finally going with a shared universe is paying off at the box office.

Now people will go see new solo films and a second Avengers will have insane buzz.