Ender's Game (2013 Film)

Jay

Yea, I don't think Peter is even in it

I wonder how long the movie is, based on they seem to have expanded the Command School part of things, this could be well over 2 hours long

And yes, they are giving everything away in the trailers, which makes me think in the film itself there won't be a twist, as what was a twist in the book will just be openly discussed by the adult characters throughout the film instead. Disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

Varese Sarabande will release the score CD on October 22nd

Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
ENDER'S GAME
Music Composed by
Steve Jablonsky
(The Transformers Trilogy, Pain & Gain, Battleship)
In the near future, a hostile alien race called the Formics have attacked Earth. If not for the legendary heroics of International Fleet Commander Mazer Rackham (Ben Kingsley), all would have been lost. In preparation for the next attack, the highly esteemed Colonel Hyrum Graff (Harrison Ford) and the International Military are training only the best young minds to find the future Mazer. Ender Wiggin (Asa Butterfield), a shy but strategically brilliant boy, is recruited to join the elite. Arriving at Battle School, Ender quickly and easily masters increasingly difficult challenges and simulations, distinguishing himself and winning respect amongst his peers. Ender is soon ordained by Graff as the military's next great hope, resulting in his promotion to Command School. Once there, he's trained by Mazer Rackham himself to lead his fellow soldiers into an epic battle that will determine the future of Earth and save the human race.
Composer Steve Jablonsky, veteran of the Transformers franchise, creates the all-new musical world of Ender’s Game.
Summit Entertainment will open Ender’s Game on over 3000 screens on November 1.
Varese Sarabande Catalog # 302 067 227 8

http://www.varesesarabande.com/servlet/the-1129/Ender%27s-Game/Detail

Jablonsky had potential with Steamboy and even Dragon Wars, but then he pissed that away.

I don't know if Ender's Game will be a return to form, or regurgitating the same stuff.

saw the trailer today, looks interesting and yet the scenes scream SCREAM cgi with nothing looking real. Still the novel which is found in most bookstores in the kids section, the teens, and in adult scifi is a classic, it's about time it hits the big screen.

saw the trailer today, looks interesting and yet the scenes scream SCREAM cgi with nothing looking real. Still the novel which is found in most bookstores in the kids section, the teens, and in adult scifi is a classic, it's about time it hits the big screen.

That's the point.

Since when do people boycott movies because of personal opinions of the book author that's unrelated to the book he wrote or the movie

If the movie is shit , then people will boycott it

Ender's Game was written before OSC became a total whack-job. There are no undertones in the book that relate to his political agenda. I haven't read any of his non-EnderVerse books, but I imagine that kind of stuff is in those ones.

He's just opposed to gay marriage and other gay rights. Damn annoying when I found out because I loved Ender's Game so much. I try not to think about it and just enjoy the man's works. At least the Ender verse books, I'll probably never check out his others.

Anyways, now that the movie is about to come out, he's reversed his stance anyway

Yeah, kids might accidentally see some anal fisting in the background!

Yeah, but it'll be obvious that it's CGI. . . .

- Uni

Are Gay right groups still calling for a boycott?

Apparently the author of the book is a homophobe.

I think so. The director and producers are using the controversy to say "We're supporters of the LGBT community" and the studio is seeking to distance itself from Card's opinions.

Yeah, those effects don't look too good. So far, there's been nothing to make me look forward to this film.

Starfleet Command redux.

The bigger question, if this is Command School, is . . . what the hell is it doing on Earth?

- Uni

Who says that's Command School?

I'm sorry—I meant to say Battle School. Not that it makes much difference; both were in space, yes?

- Uni

I think Ender's Game would have thrived as a smart anime adaptation. OSC's character-driven storytelling style, focused on internal conflicts and moral dilemmas, would have been well-suited to that format.

Much as Wolfgang Petersen suddenly became Card's favorite filmmaker during the time he was attached to the Ender's Game project, I fully expect Card to launch a tendentious attack on anyone who dares challenge Hood's vision, while also insinuating that the critics are pushing some sort of hateful, elitist agenda.

• 2 weeks later...